ADVERTISEMENT

I Think the UK/UT game is what the committee is waiting on

DezyVol

Aug 3, 2008
Take in account ratings, perceived strength, and geography (in that order), here’s where we’re at.

Virginia is the 1 is the East. Gonzaga is the 1 in the West.

If UK beats UT, they’re the 1 in the South vs the loser of Duke/UNC. The ratings would be too much to pass up. The winner of Duke/UNC would go to the Midwest as the 1 with Michigan St as the 2. UT is most likely the 2 in the East in this scenario. Michigan most likely does out West as the 2 (thanks to TTU).

If UT beats UK, they’re the 1 in the Midwest, and the winner of Duke/UNC will be the 1 in the South, with the loser most heading West to be Gonzaga’s 2. UK either goes East to be with UVA, or stays in the South with winner of Duke/UNC (again....ratings).

The 2 seeds will be Michigan St, loser of Duke/UNC, lose of UK/UT, and then either Michigan (if they beat Iowa tonight) or TTU/Houston (if Michigan loses tonight).

East region is still up for grabs in the ACC I believe. If Duke wins the ACCT, especially if they go 3-0 vs. UVA, they will and should be the 1 seed in the East. I think it might also be possible for UNC to get 1 in the East if they win out. It would then depend on how far they drop UVA. Do we get the 1 in the South or the 1 in the Midwest?

Reactions: tw3301
What happens if both UK & Tennessee get beat tonight or if LSU wins the SEC Tournament?
home-alone-gif-2.gif

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT