ADVERTISEMENT

I said it earlier if we won. the torch has now passed from the ACC to the big 12

The B12 will be better than the ACC for sure, and if inventory is pooled with the P12, it will be better than the B12 current payouts which will be in the neighborhood of $40-45M per school this year. There is no question that the SEC & B10 are going to be the highest, but you are smoking crack if you think the SEC deal will be triple the B12.
I am not sure what incentive the pac 12 has to pool with the big 12. Especially with this new alliance thing the pac 12, ACC, and big ten have that I don’t believe the big 12 was invited to. The ACC will get a new deal in the new big 12 one comes ahead of their current one. Just watch

I am not sure what incentive the pac 12 has to pool with the big 12. Especially with this new alliance thing the pac 12, ACC, and big ten have that I don’t believe the big 12 was invited to. The ACC will get a new deal in the new big 12 one comes ahead of their current one. Just watch
The alliance only serves to stop the SEC from dictating CFB direction. It was basically just a shot across the bow to send the message that the majority of other P5 conferences could band together to stop any power move they might try in the future.

The ACC is locked into a horrible contract until 2036 and it is a certainty that the B12 will have a better contract than the current ACC one. The conference that is most at risk is the P12.

The alliance only serves to stop the SEC from dictating CFB direction. It was basically just a shot across the bow to send the message that the majority of other P5 conferences could band together to stop any power move they might try in the future.

The ACC is locked into a horrible contract until 2036 and it is a certainty that the B12 will have a better contract than the current ACC one. The conference that is most at risk is the P12.
The ACC can do some things if the big 12 does get a better one then them to help renegotiation. The big 12 is still the most at risk. You don’t have big draw schools. Thus you will stay at risk. Florida st., Clemson, usc, and Oregon all draw much higher than any big 12 team does. I also think the ACC will get ND at some point and if that happens their is no way the big 12 will be ahead of them.

The ACC can do some things if the big 12 does get a better one then them to help renegotiation. The big 12 is still the most at risk. You don’t have big draw schools. Thus you will stay at risk. Florida st., Clemson, usc, and Oregon all draw much higher than any big 12 team does. I also think the ACC will get ND at some point and if that happens their is no way the big 12 will be ahead of them.
The ACC can’t do squat. You think that ESPN will renegotiate out of the goodness of their heart? You are living in a dream world. I suspect that the B12 won’t be dealing with Disney the next go round anyway.

The ACC can’t do squat. You think that ESPN will renegotiate out of the goodness of their heart? You are living in a dream world. I suspect that the B12 won’t be dealing with Disney the next go round anyway.
If the ACC has any change to their conference they will automatically get a renegotiation. It’s their out of their current deal. It’s the same reason why the SEC is now going to get a new one. As in ND joining or someone else joining. Notre dame joining them full time would destroy any deal the big 12 can get. You Better hope they don’t get notre dame. Dealing with Disney doesn’t matter. Not like anyone else views the big 12 as worth more either. It still comes back to your schools don’t draw.

If the ACC has any change to their conference they will automatically get a renegotiation. It’s their out of their current deal. As in ND joining or someone else joining. Dealing with Disney doesn’t matter. Not like anyone else views the big 12 as worth more either. It still comes back to your schools don’t draw.
LOL!! You have had conversations with Amazon, Apple,Netflix, CBS, Fox, etc. like I said before, you haven’t a clue.

Btw, you have a better chance of going into space than ND joining the ACC as a permanent member.

LOL!! You have had conversations with Amazon, Apple,Netflix, CBS, Fox, etc. like I said before, you haven’t a clue.

Btw, you have a better chance of going into space than ND joining the ACC as a permanent member.
Again why would those networks like the big 12 anymore? You still haven’t sold me on what your new conference brings to the table? You are banking on an existing ACC contract as the only thing helping your argument. Nothing about what your schools will bring.

The B12 will be better than the ACC for sure, and if inventory is pooled with the P12, it will be better than the B12 current payouts which will be in the neighborhood of $40-45M per school this year. There is no question that the SEC & B10 are going to be the highest, but you are smoking crack if you think the SEC deal will be triple the B12.
I’ve read the same sfuff on this. It’s legit.

ND needs to join the B10 as a power move over the sec and ou texas

Reactions: KisteK
Holy shit. One game is your barometer? No wonder you don’t get it. Again the new big 12 is not going to get offered a better deal than what the current other 4 will get. The sec may damn near triple your deal.
No it won’t. It would have folded if that was the case. We got a bag man on the deal. I think it’s Amazon but no one knows

No it won’t. It would have folded if that was the case. We got a bag man on the deal. I think it’s Amazon but no one knows
Why would it of folded? It’s still better than the group of 5 D1 conferences. Since The other guy couldn’t perhaps you can? What’s the draw for some mythical bag man with the new big 12?

Notre dame cannot join the big 10. Part of their deal with the ACC is that they have to join the ACC if they are to ever join a conference full time. It’s the only reason the ACC would agree to their current arrangement in allowing ND to be a member In all other sports. Plus play 4 ACC teams a year. The big 10 would not agree to this arrangement. They would owe the ACC over 200 million dollars if they were break this.

Why would it of folded? It’s still breeze than the group of 5 D1 conferences. Since I other guy couldn’t perhaps you can? What’s the draw for some mythical bag man?
FMavbw-LWUBs-ZAz.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ThePhog08
ND won’t join the B10 because of something Mich did many years ago. ND will stay independent unless they are forced into a conference, which doesn’t appear to be happening any time soon.

ND won’t join the B10 because of something Mich did many years ago. ND will stay independent unless they are forced into a conference, which doesn’t appear to be happening any time soon.
They contractually also can’t join the big 10 now

They weren’t ever going to join the B10. I don’t remember exactly what Mich did, but ND indicated that they would never join the B10 because of it.
Michigan ended there annual series. Honestly the bigger threat to all of this more than what me and you are discussing is if 25-30 schools decide to form their own league and split form the ncaa

Michigan ended there annual series. Honestly the bigger threat to all of this more than what me and you are discussing is if 25-30 schools decide to form their own league and split form the ncaa
It was more than Mich ending the annual series. A 25-30 school league would never fly unless they just wanted to be an NFL minor league. The other 40 P5 schools would just keep doing their thing. Folks would follow their favorite school or Alma mater, and they wouldn’t follow or watch the NFL minor league group. Folks are funny that way.

It was more than Mich ending the annual series. A 25-30 school league would never fly unless they just wanted to be an NFL minor league. The other 40 P5 schools would just keep doing their thing. Folks would follow their favorite school or Alma mater, and they wouldn’t follow or watch the NFL minor league group. Folks are funny that way.
The teams that would and have the ability do it have the most passionate football fanbases in the country though.

Last edited:
Why would it of folded? It’s still better than the group of 5 D1 conferences. Since The other guy couldn’t perhaps you can? What’s the draw for some mythical bag man with the new big 12?
Bc it would have folded.

KU, Tech, WVU, Baylor, Okie State, etc still have solid brands across several sports and wouldn’t settle for an AAC revenue stream. So something went down. KU could easily go to the PAC tomorrow. Okie state and tech too. And wvu to the acc.

Wvu is better than 90% of the brands in the ACC and most in the sec as well from a fan base / football / bball / baseball product.

KU bball almost brings in as much revenue as the average team in the pac or ACC by itself. Football is gravy.

these schools wouldn’t be trying to make the big 12 work anymore is the point. Period.

Bc it would have folded.

KU, Tech, WVU, Baylor, Okie State, etc still have solid brands across several sports and wouldn’t settle for an AAC revenue stream. So something went down. KU could easily go to the PAC tomorrow. Okie state and tech too. And wvu to the acc.

Wvu is better than 90% of the brands in the ACC and most in the sec as well from a fan base / football / bball / baseball product.

KU bball almost brings in as much revenue as the average team in the pac or ACC by itself. Football is gravy.

these schools wouldn’t be trying to make the big 12 work anymore is the point. Period.
I don’t think any of the big 12 schools have legit offers to join any of the other powernn by conferences. WVU would be gone already if they could join ACC

Bc it would have folded.

Unfortunately basketball isn’t a blip on the screen and KU football is MACesque
Bc it would have folded.

That would be great for KU if basketball was a driving factor for expansion, but the Big East is the only conference following that model. Expansion for the P5 is all about football and unfortunately KU is MACesque in that department. Basketball isn’t a blip on the screen regardless of Adidas $$$. KU is quality academically, and that would help in any move because they are part of the AAU, but football is horrible with no following or attendance. Maybe that changes in 5 or 10 years, but it isn’t the case in the short term.

Can not disagree. The Big 12 is legit.
Atta boy

although still love that big 10 concept ;)

maybe in 5-10 years after we get our football straight with Leipold. He’s going to get us back to decency. Not elite but 4-7 wins

There's definitely an advantage to only having 10 teams. Add 5 more teams to the Big 12 and you'll be watered down like the ACC. Plus, the Big 12 is essentially Kansas and Baylor in terms of national championship programs. ACC has had 3 different teams win a championship in the last 7 tourneys. But it's clearly Big 12 and ACC as top 2. The other conferences are regular season honks.
You honestly think having 10 teams compete for a 68 team event vs having 16 .. is an advantage? Do these likes agree with you??

There's zero benefit having considerably less teams when talking tourney.

Reg season bragging rights, I'd gladly take less drag..

Reactions: ExitFlagger
You honestly think having 10 teams compete for a 68 team event vs having 16 .. is an advantage? Do these likes agree with you??

There's zero benefit having considerably less teams when talking tourney.

Reg season bragging rights, I'd gladly take less drag..

When decisions for the NCAA tourney are based on the NET and the number of Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins/losses, I think there can be an advantage to having fewer teams. The Big 12 does not have 5/6 additional teams that are likely to water down the quality of the conference. Granted, it depends who those 5/6 teams are but usually the more teams you add, the quality begins to go down.

Not going to read/respond to every post ITT but did someone make the argument that the future BIG 12 is in better shape than the current ACC?

Not going to read/respond to every post ITT but did someone make the argument that the future BIG 12 is in better shape than the current ACC?
Financially neither conference is in great shape for the future and that’s going to effect basketball the more it goes along

Financially neither conference is in great shape for the future and that’s going to effect basketball the more it goes along
The ACC IMO still has a lot of teams that drive the numbers, especially in basketball. The B12 is adding schools currently that most average fans don't care about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT