ADVERTISEMENT

I said it earlier if we won. the torch has now passed from the ACC to the big 12

big 12 is going to survive for a while. I think people are underestimating what the new league can do.
My realignment comment isn't about on court/field performance. It's about the $, and the survival of the league. Concern shouldn't be limited to just B12 fans but nobody would be surprised if a handful of remaining league members exit and the league folds.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
My realignment comment isn't about on court/field performance. It's about the $, and the survival of the league. Concern shouldn't be limited to just B12 fans but nobody would be surprised if a handful of remaining league members exit and the league folds.
This. All 8 of the remaining would leave in heartbeat if get got an offer from one of the other 4 power conferences.

big 12 is going to survive for a while. I think people are underestimating what the new league can do.
Don’t be surprised if the B12 & P12 look to pool their inventory for media negotiations. It was touched upon a year or so ago. Larry Scott was opposed to it but he was ushered out the door. Negotiating with inventory from 4 time zones just might be very appealing for the right suitors.

Don’t be surprised if the B12 & P12 look to pool their inventory for media negotiations. It was touched upon a year or so ago. Larry Scott was opposed to it but he was ushered out the door. Negotiating with inventory from 4 time zones just might be very appealing for the right suitors.
Didn’t the pac 12 form an alliance with big ten an ACC? Whatever an alliance means I am not sure however

You are incorrect again….as usual.
I am not wrong. Every single of the 8 left would easily take a bid from any of the ACC, pac 12, sec, or big ten right now. I have never seen someone more clueless than yourself when it comes to expansion. You simply have not provided a single good point at all to this discussion. What school do you cheer for again?

I am not wrong. Every single of the 8 left would easily take a bid from any of the ACC, pac 12, sec, or big ten right now. I have never seen someone more clueless than yourself when it comes to expansion. You simply have not provided a single good point at all to this discussion. What school do you cheer for again?
No they wouldn’t. You need to pay attention. Exit fees don’t magically disappear whether UT & OU are gone. Neither do GOR disappear as they run through 2025. OU can’t leave now because they are broke. They want to pay out their exit fees and GOR settlement but the B12 told them NO. Because they violated the conference bylaws, their revenue distributions are being withheld. UT has no money problems but OU does. All members follow the same contracts.

No they wouldn’t. You need to pay attention. Exit fees don’t magically disappear whether UT & OU are gone. Neither do GOR disappear as they run through 2025. OU can’t leave now because they are broke. They want to pay out their exit fees and GOR settlement but the B12 told them NO. Because they violated the conference bylaws, their revenue distributions are being withheld. UT has no money problems but OU does. All members follow the same contracts.
Nice goal post change. I never said they would leave for next season. What I am saying is that all 8 would easily leave come if they had somewhere to go in 2025. There is a reason a new GOR has not been signed yet with the new additions. You are bringing up another issue. Obviously none are going to leave before the GOR runs out

Nice goal post change. I never said they would leave for next season. What I am saying is that all 8 would easily leave come 2025. There is a reason a new GOR has not been signed yet with the new additions. You are bringing up another issue.
Still would have to pay $80M to leave so my original statement stands. Exit fees don’t disappear for another 89 years.

Still would have to pay $80M to leave so my original statement stands. Exit fees don’t disappear for another 89 years.
They don’t have to pay a thing once the GOR runs out. That’s comes July 1st 2025. That is what Texas and Oklahoma are waiting on. How dumb are you? And the other 8 can also leave at that point to for free and they would leave if they had the option

They don’t have to pay a thing once the GOR runs out. That’s comes July 1st 2025. That is what Texas and Oklahoma are waiting on. How dumb are you? And the other 8 can also leave at that point to for free and they would leave if they had the option
Yes they do. If UT & OU left today, each school would owe $200M. The contract for membership runs 99 years from 2012. To leave, a school has to pay the equivalent of two years of revenue distributions ($80M). Then you have the GOR that run through 2025 which is another 3 years. At $40M/yr, that adds another $120M per school. You are correct that the GOR runs out in 2025 but exit fees to leave the conference run for another 89 years.

you have no clue

Yes they do. If UT & OU left today, each school would owe $200M. The contract for membership runs 99 years from 2012. To leave, a school has to pay the equivalent of two years of revenue distributions ($80M). Then you have the GOR that run through 2025 which is another 3 years. At $40M/yr, that adds another $120M per school. You are correct that the GOR runs out in 2025 but exit fees to leave the conference run for another 89 years.

you have no clue
Exit fees are not going to keep any school there come July 1st 2025. If a couple more leave the conference is going to dissolve on its own anyway. The big 12 is for all intensive purposes done or it’s going to be a mid major conference. It’s time as a power 5 conference ends on July 1st 2025 and the remaining 8 are trying like hell to find an option out to. These are the facts. You Can continue to be delusional about that shit conference though and where it’s going. A one time Exit fees doesn’t come close to the revenues that will me made at the four other conferences.

Exit fees are not going to keep any school there come July 1st 2025. If a couple more leave the conference is going to dissolve on its own anyway. The big 12 is for all intensive purposes done or it’s going to be a mid major conference. It’s time as a power 5 conference ends on July 1st 2025 and the remaining 8 are trying like hell to find an option out to. These are the facts. You Can continue to be delusional about that shit conference though and where it’s going. A one time Exit fees doesn’t come close to the revenues that will me made at the four other conferences.
LOL! So it goes from “they don’t have to pay anything” to “exit fees aren’t going to keep any school there”. Which is it, sport?

Btw, exit fees are stopping OU from leaving now.

LOL! So it goes from “they don’t have to pay anything” to “exit fees aren’t going to keep any school there”. Which is it, sport?

They won’t have to pay the biggest thing that’s keeping them there. Oklahoma is leaving July 1st. 2025 at the latest. That’s not up for debate

Who has done anything besides Villanova from the big east in the last 8 years? Kentucky, florida, auburn, and South Carolina all been to final 4’s in that timeframe. No one else besides Villanova has from the big east
Still nova has twice as many titles in same time frame. Final fours are nice but wining the trophy is what matters. Hell SC already fired frank martin despite his glorious final four.

Also uconn has more titles than anyone in sec not named uk.

Still nova has twice as many titles in same time frame. Final fours are nice but wining the trophy is what matters. Hell SC already fired frank martin despite his glorious final four.

Also uconn has more titles than anyone in sec not named uk.
Uconn has not won a single title or anything of note in the current big east. Villanova just has 2 to Kentucky’s 2. It’s not some drastic difference. Outside of nova though no one has a done thing while playing in the current big east really

Uconn has not won a single title or anything of note in the current big east. Villanova just has 2 to Kentucky’s 2. It’s not some drastic difference. Outside of nova though no one has a done thing while playing in the current big east really
Uk doesnt have 2 titles in the last 20 years much less the last 8. Uks last was 2012(not last 8 years) Novas won 2 since then.

Agreed uconns most recent titles werent in current big east.

Also like i saod FFs are nice but is anyone beaides uscjr fans gonna remember they made a final four in 10 years. Can u name the other 3 teams in the FF with them??? FFs are nice, nattys get you remembered.

Im not saying the big east is a better conf, its not imo, but that Still doesnt take away from the fact that you can have a successful bball program without football.

Uk doesnt have 2 titles in the last 20 years much less the last 8. Uks last was 2012(not last 8 years) Novas won 2 since then.

Also like i saod FFs are nice but is anyone beaides uscjr fans gonna remember they made a final four in 10 years. Can u name the other 3 teams in the FF with them??? FFs are nice, nattys get you remembered.

Im not saying the big east is a better conf, its not imo, but that Still doesnt take away from the fact that you can have a successful bball program without football.
South Carolina lost to Gonzaga in there final 4 appearance. Unc beat Oregon in other games. Unc then beat Gonzaga. Come on man give me more credit than that. No I didn’t look it up either
I certainly think the private schools that dedicate everything to basketball can be very good. It’s basically what uconn just did by joining the big east. They essentially viewed football as a lost cause for them and said screw it. I think Kansas could probably make move in joining the big east to

South Carolina lost to Gonzaga in there final 4 appearance. Unc beat Oregon in other games. Unc then beat Gonzaga. Come on man give me more credit than that. No I didn’t look it up either
I certainly think the private schools that dedicate everything to basketball can be very good. It’s basically what uconn just did by joining the big east. They essentially viewed football as a lost cause for them and said screw it. I think Kansas could probably make move in joining the big east to
Kudos to you i have no clue who was in the FF 3-4 years ago much less 7-8.

ans totally agreed with the second paragraph. Football money isnt as important as some believe in basketball, but it obv does help.

Kudos to you i have no clue who was in the FF 3-4 years ago much less 7-8.

ans totally agreed with the second paragraph. Football money isnt as important as some believe in basketball, but it obv does help.
I think football money helps basketball programs with little basketball history. Like auburn and some others right now. Schools with basketball history don’t need it as much but it certainly helps. You have to remember though Kentucky, Kansas, unc, duke, ucla, Indiana, Louisville, etc. all make more money off football than they do basketball. So the blue bloods all can certainly use that football money

This. All 8 of the remaining would leave in heartbeat if get got an offer from one of the other 4 power conferences.
No. Bc néw revenue model for the league is better than most people think. They’re getting $$ from some alternative plays like Amazon or peacock I’ve heard. Supplementing reduced fox and espn

I think football money helps basketball programs with little basketball history. Like auburn and some others right now. Schools with basketball history don’t need it as much but it certainly helps. You have to remember though Kentucky, Kansas, unc, duke, ucla, Indiana, Louisville, etc. all make more money off football than they do basketball. So the blue bloods all can certainly use that football money
ku actually almost matches football with basketball if not more

3 of UConn natties were in big east. 1 in AAC

It’s known fact that OU is BROKE due to all their spending right before the pandemic . Just bad luck for them. They can’t pay their exit fees. ESPN or texas would have to cover theirs and they won’t. So, ou and tecas won’t be leaving until July 2025. Those are facts

No. Bc néw revenue model for the league is better than most people think. They’re getting $$ from some alternative plays like Amazon or peacock I’ve heard. Supplementing reduced fox and espn
Amazon is not going to pay the same for schools you added that can Texas and Oklahoma can get. The SEC hasn’t even renegotiated yet with the additions. Your new league will still be a distant 5th as far s conference revenues go

It’s known fact that OU is BROKE due to all their spending right before the pandemic . Just bad luck for them. They can’t pay their exit fees. ESPN or texas would have to cover theirs and they won’t. So, ou and tecas won’t be leaving until July 2025. Those are facts
Everyone knows they aren’t coming until 2025. It’s not really a problem. The big 12 however basically will be getting mid major level revenues once they do leave

Amazon is not going to pay the same for schools you added that can Texas and Oklahoma can get. The SEC hasn’t even renegotiated yet with the additions. Your new league will still be a distant 5th as far s conference revenues go
I said as a supplement tho. Not a lead revenue driver. They would have just folded the league if they weren’t able to supplement a much lower fox / espn revenue number.

yes if will be 5th but still better than the old big east revenue. It will have more staying power than that league had.

people are under appreciating what some of the new schools will bring in. Especially UCF and byu from a football revenue standpoint

• Haha
Reactions: johnboiler123
I said as a supplement tho. Not a lead revenue driver. They would have just folded the league if they weren’t able to supplement a much lower fox / espn revenue number.

yes if will be 5th but still better than the old big east revenue. It will have more staying power than that league had.

people are under appreciating what some of the new schools will bring in. Especially UCF and byu from a football revenue standpoint
It is not going to be 5th, and there are rumors that some interesting discussions are going on currently. There may be some inventory pooling for negotiation purposes. The inventory will cover all 4 time zones and provide some real flexibility to the carrier(s) that gets the rights. There is going to be more competition for Disney this time around and there is a decent chance they could get shutout of everything but the SEC and what they have with the ACC.

The big east had bigger problem due to not football playing schools

It is not going to be 5th, and there are rumors that some interesting discussions are going on currently. There may be some inventory pooling for negotiation purposes. The inventory will cover all 4 time zones and provide some real flexibility to the carrier(s) that gets the rights. There is going to be more competition for Disney this time around and there is a decent chance they could get shutout of everything but the SEC and what they have with the ACC.
So delusional. Time zones aren’t the issue. It’s name brand schools that draw TV sets and attendance. The big 12 has no big brands now for football.

So delusional. Time zones aren’t the issue. It’s name brand schools that draw TV sets and attendance. The big 12 has no big brands now for football.
You have no clue. What constitutes a “name brand”? Before you answer, put some brain power behind it instead of giving a standard sheep response.

You have no clue. What constitutes a “name brand”? Before you answer, put some brain power behind it instead of giving a standard sheep response.
Sell me on one of your twelve being a brand name in football then. The SEC will have 8 schools that have all won national titles since 1995. The new big 12 will have none in that time frame

Sell me on one of your twelve being a brand name in football then. The SEC will have 8 schools that have all won national titles since 1995. The new big 12 will have none in that time frame
Answer the question as your response is a defense mechanism. Like I said, use some brain power as I am going to present info based upon your response.

Answer the question as your response is a defense mechanism. Like I said, use some brain power as I am going to present info based upon your response.
I am not the one having to make a case. That would be you. What is your selling point as a football conference? What schools are pushing? UCF with the largest student body in the country?

I am not the one having to make a case. That would be you. What is your selling point as a football conference? What schools are pushing? UCF with the largest student body in the country?
Not surprising that you won’t answer the question. It show that you don have a clue. You made a statement that “it’s name brand schools that draw TV sets and attendance”. You knew that you were going to get blown out of the water so you changed directions before you got embarrassed.

Not surprising that you won’t answer the question. It show that you don have a clue. You made a statement that “it’s name brand schools that draw TV sets and attendance”. You knew that you were going to get blown out of the water so you changed directions before you got embarrassed.
Holy shit. It is the name brand and attendance that sells it. I asked you to refute that and you still haven’t. Who is now a draw for football from the big 12? I hadn’t change directions at all. This is you avoiding having to sell it. Either answer my question or just admit you were full of shit

Holy shit. It is the name brand and attendance that sells it. I asked you to refute that and you still haven’t. Who is now a draw for football from the big 12? I hadn’t change directions at all. This is you avoiding having to sell it. Either answer my question or just admit you were full of shit
TV ratings huh. Here are the conference championship games ratings. Just to refresh your memory or if you have trouble reading, neither OU or TX played in the B12 championship game. You will also notice that the AAC game with two future B12 members had higher ratings than the ACC game. The B12 game had twice as many viewers as the P12 game that had a team in it that I am certain you would define a “name brand”.

TV ratings huh. Here are the conference championship games ratings. Just to refresh your memory or if you have trouble reading, neither OU or TX played in the B12 championship game. You will also notice that the AAC game with two future B12 members had higher ratings than the ACC game. The B12 game had twice as many viewers as the P12 game that had a team in it that I am certain you would define a “name brand”.
Holy shit. One game is your barometer? No wonder you don’t get it. Again the new big 12 is not going to get offered a better deal than what the current other 4 will get. The sec may damn near triple your deal.

Holy shit. One game is your barometer? No wonder you don’t get it. Again the new big 12 is not going to get offered a better deal than what the current other 4 will get. The sec may damn near triple your deal.
The B12 will be better than the ACC for sure, and if inventory is pooled with the P12, it will be better than the B12 current payouts which will be in the neighborhood of $40-45M per school this year. There is no question that the SEC & B10 are going to be the highest, but you are smoking crack if you think the SEC deal will be triple the B12.

ADVERTISEMENT