ADVERTISEMENT

I said it earlier if we won. the torch has now passed from the ACC to the big 12

Just won it all………….worried if his conference is the best lmao.

i guess if unc won it would still be ACC? Dont think those things are decided in a single game and ACC had a much better tourney despite less teams in and less top seeds to boot. But whatever makes u sleep better.

There's definitely an advantage to only having 10 teams. Add 5 more teams to the Big 12 and you'll be watered down like the ACC. Plus, the Big 12 is essentially Kansas and Baylor in terms of national championship programs. ACC has had 3 different teams win a championship in the last 7 tourneys. But it's clearly Big 12 and ACC as top 2. The other conferences are regular season honks.

i guess if unc won it would still be ACC? Dont think those things are decided in a single game and ACC had a much better tourney despite less teams in and less top seeds to boot. But whatever makes u sleep better.
No. Too much stock is out on conference performance in the tourney. I thought the Big XII might have been better top to bottom last year but we performed horribly in the tourney outside of Baylor.

But yes the Big XII has showed well in the tourney the last few years. Back to back champs and teams in the title game 3 tourneys in a row. If 2020 hadn’t been cancelled there’s a solid chance it would be 4 tourneys in a row with back to back to back champs.

There's definitely an advantage to only having 10 teams. Add 5 more teams to the Big 12 and you'll be watered down like the ACC. Plus, the Big 12 is essentially Kansas and Baylor in terms of national championship programs. ACC has had 3 different teams win a championship in the last 7 tourneys. But it's clearly Big 12 and ACC as top 2. The other conferences are regular season honks.
The ten teams makes the conference play a gauntlet when there aren’t any truly bad teams. All of the teams are well coached and competitive. You can’t take a game off. Which is why I was surprised with KU struggling with Carolina’s physical play in the 1st half. The Big XII is a physical league with officials who don’t call anything. KU played through contact all year long. Thankfully they adjusted in the 2nd half.

Reactions: jhmossy

texas tech says hi - a foul needed up 3 with 15 seconds away from closing out uva in 2019. Tech to me should have been in the final four but roach got hot late and duke 7-0 run. Tech controlled that game and would have beaten Arky also. Tech is right there with KU and Baylor

ou final four 2016

I mean 4 different teams in final four in last 5 final fours is impressive. ACC probably can boast the same? Not sure.

That’s pretty fair actually tho on the 10 vs 15 team comparison. We will be 14 for a couple years here and then back to 12, then 14 again with Memphis by 2026. .

Reactions: jhmossy
Are you still pushing this? What is it with Iowa fans trolling on this board? Between you and Hawkit, I can never tell when either of you is serious or just crazy..
We will never hear end of it. Big 10 is better than the AFC and the NBA eastern conference combined

Reactions: Turinturumbar
texas tech says hi - a foul needed up 3 with 15 seconds away from closing out uva in 2019. Tech to me should have been in the final four but roach got hot late and duke 7-0 run. Tech controlled that game and would have beaten Arky also. Tech is right there with KU and Baylor

ou final four 2016

I mean 4 different teams in final four in last 5 final fours is impressive. ACC probably can boast the same? Not sure.
I don’t really wave the conference banner but there’s been a good amount of tournament success. Not each of the last few though (nobody from the ACC made it last year or 2018). Still, there have been 4 programs make it to the final weekend since 2016. 3 difference programs raise the trophy if you go back to 2015.

2015:
- Duke champion

2016:
- Syracuse final 4
- UNC runner up

2017:
- UNC Champion

2018:
- None

2019:
- UVA Champion

2020:
- No tournament

2021:
- None

2022:
- Duke final 4
- UNC runner up.

ou final four 2016

the BIG 12 is a really good physical BB league in the last 10 years or so. Every team in the BIG 12 had made it to the S-16 except TCU, multiple teams had made it to E-8 & FF with Baylor and KU won it all back to back, and TTU was the runner up in 2019.

That’s pretty fair actually tho on the 10 vs 15 team comparison. We will be 14 for a couple years here and then back to 12, then 14 again with Memphis by 2026. .
Doubtful on the Memphis add. There is real pushback on considering Memphis and BSU.

I don't really care either way, but how did the ACC have a much better tourney?

I think they finished with about the same record, and the only Big 12 team that didn't play to seed or better was Baylor, who lost in OT to a team that was obviously much better than their seed.

I think they finished with about the same record, and the only Big 12 team that didn't play to seed or better was Baylor, who lost in OT to a team that was obviously much better than their seed.
I think he was trying to suggest that B10 > ACC > B12

You gonna let him get away with that!?

Are you still pushing this? What is it with Iowa fans trolling on this board? Between you and Hawkit, I can never tell when either of you is serious or just crazy..
We like making people uncomfortable.....especially fans of "elite" programs, who have this misguided notion that only the fanbases of the most successful programs can run their mouths.

Oh and how it looks has nothing to do with it. ;)

Reactions: Turinturumbar

Most EE teams, most FF teams and no other conf had more than 1 in either, despite ACC only getting 5 teams in total

But ill admit that really doesnt matter much, none of the conference honking does. Hell iowas st beats miami its a whole new narrative, if unc had won last night its a whole new narrative. Really doesnt mean ish about the conference, and being the beat conf doesnt mean much either tbh.

congrats on the natty, thats what matters

It’s official now.

get used to it

THIS league is the TOP DOG.
Maybe, y'all are the Roman empire and you have edged out the Greeks, but the SEC is the Visigoths and last year in the Challenge they sacked Rome.

Reactions: cdbearde
Maybe, y'all are the Roman empire and you have edged out the Greeks, but the SEC is the Visigoths and last year in the Challenge they sacked Rome.
KY’s claim to fame. “Even though we got beat in the first rd of the dance, we beat the National Champions on their home floor by 20 in the Challenge”…Heck of a headstone!

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK and cdbearde
the BIG 12 is a really good physical BB league in the last 10 years or so. Every team in the BIG 12 had made it to the S-16 except TCU, multiple teams had made it to E-8 & FF with Baylor and KU won it all back to back, and TTU was the runner up in 2019.

In the past 10 years, only 7 of your schools have made it to the Sweet 16. ACC has had 11 schools made the Sweet 16 since 2015 - and every school since 2004.

Big 12
Kansas - 2022
Texas Tech - 2022
Iowa State - 2022
Baylor - 2021
West Virginia - 2018
Kansas State - 2018
Oklahoma - 2016
Texas - 2008
Oklahoma State - 2005
TCU - 1968

ACC
Duke - 2022
North Carolina - 2022
Miami FL - 2022
Florida State - 2021
Syracuse - 2021
Virginia - 2019
Virginia Tech - 2019
Clemson - 2018
Notre Dame - 2016
Louisville - 2015
NC State - 2015
Pittsburgh - 2009
Boston College - 2006
Wake Forest - 2004
Georgia Tech - 2004

Reactions: GE Nole and jhmossy
In the past 10 years, only 7 of your schools have made it to the Sweet 16. ACC has had 11 schools made the Sweet 16 since 2015 - and every school since 2004.

Big 12
Kansas - 2022
Texas Tech - 2022
Iowa State - 2022
Baylor - 2021
West Virginia - 2018
Kansas State - 2018
Oklahoma - 2016
Texas - 2008
Oklahoma State - 2005
TCU - 1968

ACC
Duke - 2022
North Carolina - 2022
Miami FL - 2022
Florida State - 2021
Syracuse - 2021
Virginia - 2019
Virginia Tech - 2019
Clemson - 2018
Notre Dame - 2016
Louisville - 2015
NC State - 2015
Pittsburgh - 2009
Boston College - 2006
Wake Forest - 2004
Georgia Tech - 2004
So that would be 70% of the B12 and 73% of the ACC. That looks pretty similar to me. In the last 10 years, the title holders breakdown as follows:

ACC - 4
Big East - 3
B12 - 2(last two)
SEC - 1
B10 - 0(none since 2000)
P12 - 0(none since 1997)

So that would be 70% of the B12 and 73% of the ACC. That looks pretty similar to me. In the last 10 years, the title holders breakdown as follows:

ACC - 4
Big East - 3
B12 - 2(last two)
SEC - 1
B10 - 0(none since 2000)
P12 - 0(none since 1997)

Big 12 has been a stronger conference in recent years; I can concede that. But, they've also collectively underwhelmed a bit in the tournament. They've had 6 schools in the past two tournaments that were a 4 seed or higher that failed to survive the first weekend.

It will be a little diluted once you throw in those new schools. Houston will help. Cincy, UCF, and BYU have potential. But, might be a few years before any of those 3 make the Sweet 16.

Big 12 has been a stronger conference in recent years; I can concede that. But, they've also collectively underwhelmed a bit in the tournament. They've had 6 schools in the past two tournaments that were a 4 seed or higher that failed to survive the first weekend.

It will be a little diluted once you throw in those new schools. Houston will help. Cincy, UCF, and BYU have potential. But, might be a few years before any of those 3 make the Sweet 16.
Ya was talking right NOW. Not 5-15 years ago bc we know the ACC and also the BEast were the top dogs then. Not arguing that. 2020-present (really 2019/20) hands down the big 12.

KY’s claim to fame. “Even though we got beat in the first rd of the dance, we beat the National Champions on their home floor by 20 in the Challenge”…Heck of a headstone!
The thread and the post was about conferences and not UK or Kansas in particular.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Isn’t the Big 12 about to be gutted? I know Texas and Oklahoma are dipping, so the big 12 may cease to exists here shortly.

B12 is playing some great ball.

Now I know this realignment stuff makes a lot of fans nervous, and that should include the fans of teams of what's left of the B12.

Big 12
Kansas - 2022
Texas Tech - 2022
Iowa State - 2022
Baylor - 2021
West Virginia - 2018
Kansas State - 2018
Oklahoma - 2016
Texas - 2008
Oklahoma State - 2005
TCU - 1968

ACC
Duke - 2022
North Carolina - 2022
Miami FL - 2022
Florida State - 2021
Syracuse - 2021
Virginia - 2019
Virginia Tech - 2019
Clemson - 2018
Notre Dame - 2016
Louisville - 2015
NC State - 2015
Pittsburgh - 2009
Boston College - 2006
Wake Forest - 2004
Georgia Tech - 200
That’s factual stuff.

but titles is what matters the most. To get two different teams back to back.

then Tech playing for it all in 2019. KU or Baykor 2020 who knows

that’s damn impressive. ACC wasn’t in the final four last year. Was there a team in the elite 8?

B12 is playing some great ball.

Now I know this realignment stuff makes a lot of fans nervous, and that should include the fans of teams of what's left of the B12.

big 12 is going to survive for a while. I think people are underestimating what the new league can do.

big 12 is going to survive for a while. I think people are underestimating what the new league can do.
You are just going to be at a huge financial advantage once Texas and Ou move. What your adding is not going to bring the same money that they do. You are set for 3 more years but in 6-7 your schools aren’t going to be getting a power 5 level money anymore

Big east doesnt even have football and theh manage to have good basketball programs year in and year out. Probably been a better basketball conf than tbe mighty sec and all that $$$ the past 5-6 years. I know they got more titles.

Reactions: KisteK
Big east doesnt even have football and theh manage to have good basketball programs year in and year out. Probably been a better basketball conf than tbe mighty sec and all that $$$ the past 5-6 years. I know they got more titles.
Who has done anything besides Villanova from the big east in the last 8 years? Kentucky, florida, auburn, and South Carolina all been to final 4’s in that timeframe. No one else besides Villanova has from the big east

ADVERTISEMENT