ADVERTISEMENT

I keep reading about an Super "Alliance".

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
So they're not going to join, but just agree on everything to spite the SEC?

With the SEC snagging the Big 12’s two most prominent programs in Texas and Oklahoma and rumors of other powerhouse programs reaching out about forming a “super conference” – the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 are engaging in “high-level discussions” regarding an alliance of their own.

Max Olson of The Athletic is reporting that talks are extending beyond a simple scheduling alliance, with “broader cooperation” now on the table. All three conference commissioners – Pac-12’s George Kliavkoff, Big Ten’s Kevin Warren and ACC’s Jim Phillips – have been in talks for “several weeks.”

According to The Athletic, the larger goal of the Big Ten, Pac-12 and ACC forming an alliance is to “work and vote together on major issues such as College Football Playoff expansion and upcoming NCAA governance changes.”

“This is their shot right back at the SEC,” one athletic director told The Athletic.

The Athletic and ESPN are both reporting that the Big 12 is not included in the alliance, a major setback for the conference.

The idea is that the ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 coming together would give the trio of conferences 41 total votes compared to the SEC’s 16, creating more power in numbers than “one conference stacking the deck” on major votes.

If it’s any consolation, I’m sure the posters like @SheriffBufordTJustice who always talk about how important the NIT was in the 1700’s will always remind people that the SEC used to be great when they’re battling the Summit League in a makeshift postseason tournament.
It's going to be fun reading their angle. Back to SEC vs everyone apparently. It's funny reading conferences team up to tackle one bully.

I think looking at it through this lens is smart. It’ll help it sting a little less when the SEC champion is appearing in the “Big Lots Black Friday Bowl”
and what will be the title of the ACC champion bowl?

bic's white out bowl?

I imagine when it’s expanded to an 8-team playoff it’ll just be the playoffs as opposed to a specific bowl, but that’s just a guess.
I think it will be the same as a 4 team playoff.

*...again, no idea. It's just things are changing and it's a little fun to guess what's about to happen.

Big-Brother-23-Live-Feeds-More-Alliances-Form-In-The-BB23-House.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If it’s any consolation, I’m sure the posters like @SheriffBufordTJustice who always talk about how important the NIT was in the 1700’s will always remind people that the SEC used to be great when they’re battling the Summit League in a makeshift postseason tournament.
Don’t be tagging people you aren’t familiar with.
Regarding the rest of the nonsense…What does this have to with anything.

Too many randos on this message board like Wojorising. Don’t know you.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Don’t be tagging people you aren’t familiar with.
Regarding the rest of the nonsense…What does this have to with anything.

Too many randos on this message board like Wojorising. Don’t know you.
I thought you were the super old man who told ancient stories nobody gives a shit about, but maybe I’m mistaken

ADVERTISEMENT