ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve Decided to Keep Tabs on Duke This Year

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
UK is still my team, win or lose, but it’s hard not to be enamoured by Dukes frosh. I loved watching the Fab 5 play, the confidence, athleticism and on the fly abilities and this team looks similar so far. The Fab 5 still amaze me.

Let’s see if Jack White & company can do the same.

I agree. I'm excited to watch and see what Barrett does.

UK is still my team, win or lose, but it’s hard not to be enamoured by Dukes frosh. I loved watching the Fab 5 play, the confidence, athleticism and on the fly abilities and this team looks similar so far. The Fab 5 still amaze me.

For a little over a year I've been going through past NCAA Tournaments and watching games on YouTube. Been watching the 1992 and 1993 tournaments recently.

The Fab Five is actually less impressive offensively than I remember, but more impressive defensively. Points scored and allowed don't really back up my claim, that's just based on what I remembered about them. That 1993 tournament in particular was a slog. They really struggled in the UCLA, GW, and Temple games, but found ways to win all three. As an aside, I found it really entertaining that a team with Aaron Mckie, Eddie Jones and Rick Brunson went 8-6 in the A10 and was a #7 seed in the tournament.

For a little over a year I've been going through past NCAA Tournaments and watching games on YouTube. Been watching the 1992 and 1993 tournaments recently.

The Fab Five is actually less impressive offensively than I remember, but more impressive defensively. Points scored and allowed don't really back up my claim, that's just based on what I remembered about them. That 1993 tournament in particular was a slog. They really struggled in the UCLA, GW, and Temple games, but found ways to win all three. As an aside, I found it really entertaining that a team with Aaron Mckie, Eddie Jones and Rick Brunson went 8-6 in the A10 and was a #7 seed in the tournament.
Great points! I remember those too. Very impressive. I guess for me the Fab 5 kind of established the word "swagger" even if they didn't accomplish as much. Plus time seems to soften some things as well. I'm not the easily impressed 23 year old I was then. :(

Great points! I remember those too. Very impressive. I guess for me the Fab 5 kind of established the word "swagger" even if they didn't accomplish as much. Plus time seems to soften some things as well. I'm not the easily impressed 23 year old I was then. :(

Yep, you're right. I think the Fab Five and early '90s UNLV squads are both really huge parts of the basketball culture today.

I get it. I have enjoyed watching many guys from other “rival” programs. Anthony Davis is someone I watched every chance I had.

What you saw the other night is going to be about what you get from white. Good player and apparently a good leader as well. He is a captain this year.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I get it. I have enjoyed watching many guys from other “rival” programs. Anthony Davis is someone I watched every chance I had.

What you saw the other night is going to be about what you get from white. Good player and apparently a good leader as well. He is a captain this year.

Cheering against a team or a program is pretty common, but there are some players that all that just has to be put away to just be still and watch, or you might miss something amazing.

Wtf, OP!?
giphy.gif

That has to be a joke.

No. Rose was dead serious and Stephan A Smifh destroyed him over it.

Rose is a jackass. He hates Duke with all his being. Most likely because Duke kicked his ass every time they played.

I will say this about Rose. I was in Stillwater for Gameday OSU V KU several years ago and partied with him at a bar. He was getting absolutely canned and hitting on this nasty bartender. When I left he was still pounding beers at the bar trying to keep his eyes open. I’m not sure how he was awake on set looking like a million bucks the next morning but if I had to guess it was probably something he put up hos nose. Just a guess, no actual evidence of that.

Rose is a jackass. He hates Duke with all his being. Most likely because Duke kicked his ass every time they played.

I will say this about Rose. I was in Stillwater for Gameday OSU V KU several years ago and partied with him at a bar. He was getting absolutely canned and hitting on this nasty bartender. When I left he was still pounding beers at the bar trying to keep his eyes open. I’m not sure how he was awake on set looking like a million bucks the next morning but if I had to guess it was probably something he put up hos nose. Just a guess, no actual evidence of that.

We all remember the comment he made about Grant Hill, maybe he just thinks the same about Zion. He has always hated Duke!

Was it the grant hill comment a little too over the edge?

Rose said he was mad they lost to UNC in 93, because he knew they (Michigan) were the better team.

I guess that's why they lost.

ADVERTISEMENT