ADVERTISEMENT

I’m putting FSU I’m upset alert

GE Nole

Sep 12, 2005
This season has seen top 10 teams go down weekly to unranked opponents. And it often happens on the road.

FSU travels down to rival Miami who has an awful D but good O. Don’t get me wrong, FSU is the better team—by a good bit. But better teams don’t always win.

I’m hoping we don’t take them lightly because it’s a rivalry game

either way I’m happy as hell with this season. Way exceeding my expectations

I’m hoping we don’t take them lightly because it’s a rivalry game

either way I’m happy as hell with this season. Way exceeding my expectations

For me it’s less about taking lightly and more just that every team in the country seems to be struggling on the road in conference play. See Duke at Clemson, Oregon at Wazzu, Auburn at Bama, etc.

For me it’s less about taking lightly and more just that every team in the country seems to be struggling on the road in conference play. See Duke at Clemson, Oregon at Wazzu, Auburn at Bama, etc.

the overall product just seems down to me this year in general. And road games seem even harder to come by because of it.

Wins against Florida and Louisville make FSU an outlier as far as road performance. Both losses this year are on the road but have some context about officiating that applies.

Wins against Florida and Louisville make FSU an outlier as far as road performance. Both losses this year are on the road but have some context about officiating that applies.

We just have UF’s number. Period.

And it’s not like Duke, Oregon, and others don’t also have road wins.

Miami has a good midget that is a tough matchup. I don't get into predicting too many games FSU is going to be a tough out in March which is all that matters.

FSU is a crazy dangerous team when they get hot from 3. Walker, Polite, etc...they have countless weapons who can stretch the floor and really put the pressure on the defense.

Wins like this make the difference between a two or three seed down the road. Amazing comeback, i think they were down by 7-8 with 3 minutes left.

In all seriousness FSU may not have many more losses left in them. Maybe @ Duke that will be a great game.

Best FSU team since the 70s? They had a FF team in the 70s I think?

I think FSU can be a Final Four or even championship team but I’ll believe it when I actually see it.

They pass the eye test and their defense is legit. But Ham seems to **** it up every year.

I like their guards. They look real solid everywhere, I'm not even sure they've played their best ball yet. But who knows, crazy stuff happens in March?

I like their guards. They look real solid everywhere, I'm not even sure they've played their best ball yet. But who knows, crazy stuff happens in March?

Which is why I said I think they’re good enough to be FF or even championship caliber team. But I’m not going to pick them to make it there.

If you couldn't see over the steering wheel you would be too.

That’s fair. But he shouldn’t get praised just for being short. Dude is a turnover machine and takes away shots from their best shooter. Oh and went 0-3 from the FT line today.

In all seriousness FSU may not have many more losses left in them. Maybe @ Duke that will be a great game.

Best FSU team since the 70s? They had a FF team in the 70s I think?

I think our team that won 29 games last season was better. But college basketball (and the ACC) is a good bit worse. Last years team probably loses 2-3 games all season with this years schedule.

I think FSU can be a Final Four or even championship team but I’ll believe it when I actually see it.

This sounds a lot like what people said about the the champs last year.

But seriously, you know March is all about matchups. FSU has made the Elite 8 as a 9 seed and lost in the second round as a 3 seed to an 11 seed.

The team is good enough to make the Final Four in this years college basketball. Time will tell if they stay healthy enough and get favorable matchups to actually do it. Last year a better FSU team limped into the Sweet 16 with all kinds of injuries.

This sounds a lot like what people said about the the champs last year.

But seriously, you know March is all about matchups. FSU has made the Elite 8 as a 9 seed and lost in the second round as a 3 seed to an 11 seed.

The team is good enough to make the Final Four in this years college basketball. Time will tell if they stay healthy enough and get favorable matchups to actually do it. Last year a better FSU team limped into the Sweet 16 with all kinds of injuries.

I’m just paying those kinds of comments forward lol. It’s frustrating when you know your team is good enough but people trust results and history. Keep getting good seeds in the tourney and you’ll also break through.

That’s fair. But he shouldn’t get praised just for being short. Dude is a turnover machine and takes away shots from their best shooter. Oh and went 0-3 from the FT line today.

Short quick guys are just entertaining.

Their front line isn't very good. With nobody to just throw it inside to and watch them work, he's stuck needing to do too much. That's going to lead to bad decisions, low % shot taking, no cohesion, no assists, and too much iso play. With this comes some degree of unpredictability making him kind of a tough matchup because it's hard to defend chucker. He's enough of a danger for you to put your guys on upset alert though?

Nobody is confusing them with UK or KU, and nobody is voting him on 1st Team all ACC.

He's probably in part to blame for what you point out for sure...because he's more of a chucker than a set-up guy. Hit 6 3s, miss 3 FTs, just unstable. Low assist count.

Midgets need hugs though.

Short quick guys are just entertaining.

Their front line isn't very good. With nobody to just throw it inside to and watch them work, he's stuck needing to do too much. That's going to lead to bad decisions, low % shot taking, no cohesion, no assists, and too much iso play. With this comes some degree of unpredictability making him kind of a tough matchup because it's hard to defend chucker. He's enough of a danger for you to put your guys on upset alert though?

Nobody is confusing them with UK or KU, and nobody is voting him on 1st Team all ACC.

He's probably in part to blame for what you point out for sure...because he's more of a chucker than a set-up guy. Hit 6 3s, miss 3 FTs, just unstable. Low assist count.

Midgets need hugs though.

I had FSU on upset alert because road games are hard in conference play. FSU has won 6 of 7 over Miami since Lykes has been there. And in previous years he’s had those players underneath you’re talking about, he just insists on dribbling the air outta the ball.

He’s a selfish player who makes spectacular plays but I wouldn’t want him on my team.

I’m just paying those kinds of comments forward lol. It’s frustrating when you know your team is good enough but people trust results and history. Keep getting good seeds in the tourney and you’ll also break through.

Very well said, Broseph. Especially the last sentence. I’ve been trying to tell that to (football) fans in Tally for years.

What’s crazy is FSU has never been higher than a 3 seed. Ever. (Our final four team was before seeding like today). This year could be the year to break that.

According to Torvik, we have actually been one of the best teams in the last decade at out-performing seed expectation.

Reactions: jhmossy
This season has seen top 10 teams go down weekly to unranked opponents. And it often happens on the road.

FSU travels down to rival Miami who has an awful D but good O. Don’t get me wrong, FSU is the better team—by a good bit. But better teams don’t always win.

Good call.
I thought it would be tight, but yall pull away in the last 3 minutes.
Rivalry games are something else !

Reactions: GE Nole
In the first half there were about 12 points we lost due to the balk being halfway down and then running out. Thought we could have really been up by double digits at halftime. Gritty performance and it is in the left column in the resume.

I’m having a hard time not thinking that FSU is not the best team in the ACC

Gd lykes cost me some $$$ on the spread making rediculous shots in OT when the game wasn’t really in doubt smh.

Pretty much the same on offensive rebounding. Decidedly worse on defensive rebounding (really missing Koumadje there).
Dom seems to be a strong rebounder, but he doesn't play very much.

Dom seems to be a strong rebounder, but he doesn't play very much.

I think he’s had a difficult time executing the “switch everything D” we ask our players to do. He’s a little slower laterally.

Reactions: nole96
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT