ADVERTISEMENT

I’d appreciate if y’all let me post on here.

Letsgoduke301-I feel we’ve missed out on quite a few titles under Cal. We should have won two more, but 4 more were well within reach, given the way tourneys went. We lost our game as the favored team quite a few times. I think Cal values getting guys drafted over winning titles. I also think Cal needs the top freshman to compete for titles. I do not see this year’s team having a great chance at winning it. I was attacked as a troll for having this opinion. I was attacked for wanting more success for UK. I understand there are times when UK hasn’t and won’t have great opportunities for titles. That’s why we needed to win them when the great opportunities arose.
Npreston-Sorry to hear that. They don’t like hearing anything, other than, Cal is the greatest coach in history. It’s really bizarre that fans would put a coach above the program.
Kyfaninnc-ok

"We lost our game as the favored team quite a few times"

and won many everyone picked against them. under achieved but beat higher seeded teams? how can you have it both?

an sure as heck dont know anyone that put cal over the program.

Im titles first, just believe cal gives uk the best chance to win them. do you disagree?

Letsgoduke301-I feel we’ve missed out on quite a few titles under Cal. We should have won two more, but 4 more were well within reach, given the way tourneys went. We lost our game as the favored team quite a few times. I think Cal values getting guys drafted over winning titles. I also think Cal needs the top freshman to compete for titles. I do not see this year’s team having a great chance at winning it. I was attacked as a troll for having this opinion. I was attacked for wanting more success for UK. I understand there are times when UK hasn’t and won’t have great opportunities for titles. That’s why we needed to win them when the great opportunities arose.
Npreston-Sorry to hear that. They don’t like hearing anything, other than, Cal is the greatest coach in history. It’s really bizarre that fans would put a coach above the program.
Kyfaninnc-ok

Learning to quote will help you out a lot.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I agree @JohnBlue_ @JRowland i have been a faithful poster on rafters for years and now I'm banned. Somehow I've gone from a month ban to permaban status. Why? I was doing my time and somehow I've been banned with no end date now? If I have to pay the 8 bucks a month to get back so be it but I don't see how my ban has now become a perma ban. I would love @Kevin Bryan to please help me out here if possible please or another mod

"We lost our game as the favored team quite a few times"

and won many everyone picked against them. under achieved but beat higher seeded teams? how can you have it both?

an sure as heck dont know anyone that put cal over the program.

Im titles first, just believe cal gives uk the best chance to win them. do you disagree?
Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, or Jay Wright would do a good job. Wright’s proven he can win with less talent. Stevens is far better in game coach, same goes for Donovan.

Any free board is typically dogshit, especially the big schools with a lot of fans. I've used to look at ours and it was god awful.

Reactions: keith37
I agree @JohnBlue_ @JRowland i have been a faithful poster on rafters for years and now I'm banned. Somehow I've gone from a month ban to permaban status. Why? I was doing my time and somehow I've been banned with no end date now? If I have to pay the 8 bucks a month to get back so be it but I don't see how my ban has now become a perma ban. I would love @Kevin Bryan to please help me out here if possible please or another mod
Come on man...you are better than to plead for posting privileges on RRs like you are here and over there. Screw them...you still have posting privileges on the UofL boards. Eff 'em. ;)

Reactions: MOX-MOX
Come on man...you are better than to plead for posting privileges on RRs like you are here and over there. Screw them...you still have posting privileges on the UofL boards. Eff 'em. ;)
You know i don't have any beef with you steelers it just pisses me off with the petty bs. I get permabanned for nothing except making a stupid joke. I didn't threaten anyone or anything just the usual b
@jedwar I know you said you would pm me but since I'm banned that can't happen I can't see your message

Last edited:
You know i don't have any beef with you steelers it just pisses me off with the petty bs. I get permabanned for nothing except making a stupid joke. I didn't threaten anyone or anything just the usual bs
I hear ya. That's what I'm saying; you've never even gotten a warning on our boards.

You know i don't have any beef with you steelers it just pisses me off with the petty bs. I get permabanned for nothing except making a stupid joke. I didn't threaten anyone or anything just the usual bs
It’s ridiculous on rr. The things that others posted about me were way over the top, but nothing was done about it. I didn’t say anything bad, yet I was banned. I have my theory as to why they are so intolerant of the slightest criticism of Cal. Goes deeper than basketball.

a>

Last edited:
Learning to quote will help you out a lot.
I only saw he was responding to me because I read your post. But that's probably as much my fault.

Kyfaninnc-ok
When you are the elites, you are favored in most games you lose. Especially in the tournament. Winning a title is so much harder than anyone gives it credit for. When you are a Duke, Kentucky, unc or Kansas fan, you can remember 3 teams you think should have won for every 1 team that did.

Kyfaninnc-ok
Eh, you don’t seem to have a good grasp of how random/difficult a 6 round, single elimination tournament is

Rupp rafters is God awful, ppl literally have a noose around their neck ready to jump off a bridge at any moment..i only post on the miscellaneous board over there.

That board as a whole will be a pressure cooker tomorrow..if uofl wins and then UK loses their bowl game.....tons of slit wrists

Reactions: tw3301
Rupp rafters is God awful, ppl literally have a noose around their neck ready to jump off a bridge at any moment..i only post on the miscellaneous board over there.

That board as a whole will be a pressure cooker tomorrow..if uofl wins and then UK loses their bowl game.....tons of slit wrists
They're probably getting their "fire Cal" posts drafted already. Cracks me up, if UK doesn't win the championship every year the coach is a failure.

You're a long time poster. I respect your opinions. But... Umm...

That may be the most over the top take I've EVER read. I don't know what else to say.

I’d suggest Dukebasketballreport.com. It’s free, has its roots as a listserv back in the dark ages of the internet and is so heavily moderated they have instituted a policy where cheating references are not tolerated in the ONE permitted UNC thread. Problem for you is there are no UK threads. In fact, the only reference to Kentucky is a permanent thread hundreds of pages long called “Duke vs. Kentucky” — it’s dedicated to discussion of all things BBQ.

I finally snapped at RR this year and kamikaze posted about iron lung, inbreeding and Cal valuing draft picks over Basketball success to ensure I would be banned. It felt so good. That place is a nuthouse.

I think some UK fans have a very short memory and forget where we were before Cal. The same ones that are bitching about one and done talent are the same ones that were bitching when we couldn't bring in anyone.

Cal has taken UK to the final four way too many times with a bunch of freshmen who had numerous losses throughout the regular season. He took a 10 loss team to a title game and started 5 freshmen in that game. To not at least give him a chance with this bunch and write off the season as a failure after a couple losses is crazy IMO. We struggle almost every year during this time.

I don't understand how anyone can be unhappy with what he has done at UK. There are plenty of schools that would love to have the kids we bring in and have the record we have had in the tourney. Should we have 1-2 more titles? Probably, but it is damn hard to win a single elimination tournament and some days shit just doesn't work out.

Yea I don't know why anyone would have an issue with Cal as a UK fan. The top of the mountain among active college coaches pretty much goes like this....

K
Roy
Cal , Izzo , Self in some order at 3 , 4 , 5 for a top 5 active coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT