ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical question: How do you fire a coach with a lifetime contract?

My question is who do replace that guy with (hypothetically speaking of course).

Everyone is btching about UK's offense, but lets be honest, their defense sucks too

(hypothetically speaking of course) There is an ambassador clause in his lifetime contract, that permits him to step down after the 2023-24 season. But said coach doesn't have to. The buyout is 75% of what's left on a 10 year contract which ends in 2028-2029. 950k per year.

I would suggest starting a gofund me page.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cdbearde and della
(hypothetically speaking of course) There is an ambassador clause in his lifetime contract, that permits him to step down after the 2023-24 season. But said coach doesn't have to. The buyout is 75% of what's left on a 10 year contract which ends in 2028-2029. 950k per year.
So, you're saying hypothetically that a coach might have a clause if he chooses to take or if the school forced it? If mythical coach didn't want to be budged what would be the cash outlay?

I'll bet I know someone who could answer this question.

@Yet Another UK Fan

Where ya been lately, Yet Another Douchebag? You must have gotten really busy. 😂

I'll bet I know someone who could answer this question.

@Yet Another UK Fan

Where ya been lately, Yet Another Douchebag? You must have gotten really busy. 😂
I suppose you are asking a UK fan cause they are experts on all things CBB? Smart move is smart.

So, you're saying hypothetically that a coach might have a clause if he chooses to take or if the school forced it? If mythical coach didn't want to be budged what would be the cash outlay?
40 mil if the hypothetical AD would do so. I would imagine if next year is a bust, then the trigger will be pulled.

If he steps down, he would get $950,000 per year.

I have hypothetical friends that spent 1.8 million for chairs on the hypothetical court. They have a hypothetical lucrative business. I think it could be raised from donors.

Last edited:
Reactions: della
approximately $4,987,500 which is doable if the hypothetical AD would do so. I would imagine if next year is a bust, then the trigger will be pulled.

I have hypothetical friends that spent 1.8 million for chairs on the hypothetical court. They have a hypothetical lucrative business.
Seems doable, hypothetically speaking, of course.

Not sure how much more proof we need Cal is washed. There are a handful of guys we know could come in and do a better job. And another handful we think could. I’d take any of them at this point. Kentucky basketball is being drained by John Calipari

Not sure how much more proof we need Cal is washed. There are a handful of guys we know could come in and do a better job. And another handful we think could. I’d take any of them at this point. Kentucky basketball is being drained by John Calipari
The thread you have read is a work of fiction and merely takes inspiration from various Coaching Legends and the programs they represent. It does not pertain to nor does it represent any specific Coach or any particular Program.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
The thread you have read is a work of fiction and merely takes inspiration from various Coaching Legends and the programs they represent. It does not pertain to nor does it represent any specific Coach or any particular Program.
You can type whatever you want. I am not going to run and hide from criticism. UK fans are the first ones to hype their team up, and I’ll be the first to say I/we were wrong about expectations.

to protect the innocent disclaimer

Reactions: della
ADVERTISEMENT