ADVERTISEMENT

Huggs

pagwv

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2008
WVU loses another game they could’ve one.

Once again they are outcoached. Yes Bill self is a Hall of Fame coach but Huggins is much as we love them is not. Every time the WVU faces a team with an excellent coach we lose. This has been going on for years. We when the easy games with the coaches who are good but not great.

Let’s go back to Stephen F Austin game when Huggs was outcoached by a young talented coach. He continues to blame that game on the players, their attitude, their not in the gym enough etc. He continues to do that today with blaming the players, not blaming the coaching. A Hall of Fame coach will take the blame and not ride the players. I am still amazed he manages to recruit any players.

Let’s look at last night’s game with Kansas. Huggs has his offense running a 1960 version shuffle out in front not passing it inside to his very talented big men. Then wondering what went wrong.

Unfortunately there are players on this team who are playing who should not be playing. I’m not even sure their D1 players.

In the Oklahoma game it was apparent the outside switching was giving the Sooners three point looks and they were making them. There was no change in defense.

If we are going to keep Huggins as a coach he needs to hire an offensive game manager and let him do the work.

WVU loses another game they could’ve one.

Once again they are outcoached. Yes Bill self is a Hall of Fame coach but Huggins is much as we love them is not. Every time the WVU faces a team with an excellent coach we lose. This has been going on for years. We when the easy games with the coaches who are good but not great.

Let’s go back to Stephen F Austin game when Huggs was outcoached by a young talented coach. He continues to blame that game on the players, their attitude, their not in the gym enough etc. He continues to do that today with blaming the players, not blaming the coaching. A Hall of Fame coach will take the blame and not ride the players. I am still amazed he manages to recruit any players.

Let’s look at last night’s game with Kansas. Huggs has his offense running a 1960 version shuffle out in front not passing it inside to his very talented big men. Then wondering what went wrong.

Unfortunately there are players on this team who are playing who should not be playing. I’m not even sure their D1 players.

In the Oklahoma game it was apparent the outside switching was giving the Sooners three point looks and they were making them. There was no change in defense.

If we are going to keep Huggins as a coach he needs to hire an offensive game manager and let him do the work.
Nice first post.

My guess is, without following this too closely... Huggins is probably losing to teams with better players. He's maybe a top 20ish coach. He's at WVU, not UNC. No offense to West Virginia.

Lots of programs go through multiple shitbags before getting a guy as good as Huggins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT