ADVERTISEMENT

How will players develop over the summer?

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
One of the coolest things to see between the span of one season to the next, is to observe the progression that players have made over the summer. We saw significant improvement this past season from the likes of Obi Toppin, Luka Garza, Immanuel Quickley, Saddiq Bey, Devin Vassell, and Tyrese Haliburton. How will Covid-19 effect the progression of players this year?

I imagine just about all of the elite players have ample opportunities to improve their game during a typical off-season. International basketball, summer leagues, trainers, pickup games against good competition. A lot of players also stay on campus and practice with teammates during the summer - and there are foreign tours, where a school can play international squads once every four years. I imagine most of that will be gone this off-season.

What are the normal activities going to be like? Is there going to be any pickup games? Do players have access to local gyms or basketball courts? I can't help but think if players are confined to their own premises, they may not have much more than an outside rim to work with. That could effect the product of the game next season. Thoughts?

Reactions: tw3301 and GE Nole
Cal has already called me asking to get me on the schedule to come up and play with the guys. You can't teach the athleticism I have at 6'2, 240. I'm talking 12 inch vertical. If our newbies can get past me, I have no doubt we take the title next year.

Cal has already called me asking to get me on the schedule to come up and play with the guys. You can't teach the athleticism I have at 6'2, 240. I'm talking 12 inch vertical. If our newbies can get past me, I have no doubt we take the title next year.

That's linebacker size right there. Make sure you go soft on your screens. Basketball players tend to be fragile.

Reactions: tw3301
It’s a great question. I have to imagine there will still be opportunities for some players to work out with team trainers/grad assistants or something. In small settings with just one or two people.

Reactions: dukedevilz
One of the coolest things to see between the span of one season to the next, is to observe the progression that players have made over the summer. We saw significant improvement this past season from the likes of Obi Toppin, Luka Garza, Immanuel Quickley, Saddiq Bey, Devin Vassell, and Tyrese Haliburton. How will Covid-19 effect the progression of players this year?

I imagine just about all of the elite players have ample opportunities to improve their game during a typical off-season. International basketball, summer leagues, trainers, pickup games against good competition. A lot of players also stay on campus and practice with teammates during the summer - and there are foreign tours, where a school can play international squads once every four years. I imagine most of that will be gone this off-season.

What are the normal activities going to be like? Is there going to be any pickup games? Do players have access to local gyms or basketball courts? I can't help but think if players are confined to their own premises, they may not have much more than an outside rim to work with. That could effect the product of the game next season. Thoughts?

Self motivation. Some have it, some don’t. It won’t necessarily be the 5 starters either.

It will be interesting. It will be a good year to have returning starters

Last edited:
Based on the thread title I'm going with;

• More hair in certain places
  • voice deepens
  • nocturnal emissions
  • smelling anything sweaty
51ofEoWYKcL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301
When did Cal start helping out with the football team?

most of Iowa players have access to BB courts, the only recruit that Fran is waiting on is Ogundele who is still @ home in England, Ulis who is still at home in Chicago and Perkins in Indianapolis.
the other 10 are in IC.

When did Cal start helping out with the football team?
The coach in my high school actually went out of his way to try and recruit me to play. I worked out with the team for a little bit but when I turned 16 my dad told me if I wanted a car I had to get a job. So I picked the car over football.

ADVERTISEMENT