ADVERTISEMENT

How the Conferences are stacking up in Tourney

I'm not saying that they pulled off any amazing feats, but to say they don't look strong because they took care of business doesn't make a lot of sense.

And Texas was a very slight favorite and it seemed like everyone picked them to lose.
Hey , I picked Texas to win today 😛

However, big 12 best record so far, looking forward to KU and Baylor tomorrow.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
PAC and WCC with a predictable 4-2 opening weekend. Not perfect, but overall its fine. Too bad St Mary's and UCLA play each other next round. Should be an excellent game though.

Reactions: englandnu
The best chance for a B12 National Championship resides with the team from Lubbock, imo.

If we are knocking down shots along with playing good defense we are a tough out. But so is Kansas, Baylor, etc.

Pretty flawless. Mark Adams reminds me of Jose Mourinho for the old Chelsea and Inter teams. Requires his guys play with perfection every minute.

I've seen the man call timeouts after one bad defensive possession even with us still up by 20.

If we are knocking down shots along with playing good defense we are a tough out. But so is Kansas, Baylor, etc.

I've seen the man call timeouts after one bad defensive possession even with us still up by 20.
Yep. Today he did. He’s keeping a tone set

Big 12 is 6-0. Arizona better watch out for TCU. TCU has beaten teams just as good as Arizona. To be clear I am not a TCU fan. Big 12 play is great preparation for March Madness
TCU is better than a 9 seed.

I wondered if the Big 12 would live up to their defensive metrics. So far that’s a yes.

There is no guarantee the SEC will have any teams make it to the 16 this year.

The Miami Auburn game is somewhat intriguing to me. And New Mexico State wont be a cakewalk for the Hogs. If Tennessee continues to play tough defense we should beat Michigan.

Reactions: BlackbeardRaider
No talk about the over rated SEC< surprised.
Bc I wasn’t surprised they’d be flaky. The sec big 12 challenge I said was bad match ups for the big 12. If we played that truly straight up big 12 wins it.

howveer still watch our for tenn to make a run. Auburn never know also. Sec sfill has some shots on goal

Reactions: della
Bc I wasn’t surprised they’d be flaky. The sec big 12 challenge I said was bad match ups for the big 12. If we played that truly straight up big 12 wins it.

However, still watch out for Tenn. to make a run. Auburn never know also. Sec sfill has some shots on goal
Cleaned up some of what you said because it is so important and needed to be said!

Obviously the Big 12 has been impressive. And the ACC has looked solid too, especially when you consider that 4 out of 5 teams were 8 seed or worse, so the ACC doesn’t have any wins over 10/11/12/13/14 seeds.

Big 10 has clearly been a disappointment so far. Not just the losses, Illinois looked shaky at best, and Michigan State struggled for long stretches. One of these years we are gonna have to reign it in for the hype and the bids/seeds for the Big 10. Just seems like Groundhog Day over and over and over.

The Kentucky loss is still difficult to grasp. Just stunning. But beyond that, I’ll reserve judgment on the SEC until Sunday afternoon. LSU was coach-less, so their loss was pretty expected. And Alabama should have never ever been a 6 seed. Auburn and Tennessee both looked fantastic.

The WCC looked great. San Fran nearly pulled off the win despite their best player not playing. And they arguably should have been an 8/9 anyway. And Zags and St Marys dominated.

Then you have the MWC. Good lord, folks. What in the world happened?

Obviously the Big 12 has been impressive. And the ACC has looked solid too, especially when you consider that 4 out of 5 teams were 8 seed or worse, so the ACC doesn’t have any wins over 10/11/12/13/14 seeds.

Big 10 has clearly been a disappointment so far. Not just the losses, Illinois looked shaky at best, and Michigan State struggled for long stretches. One of these years we are gonna have to reign it in for the hype and the bids/seeds for the Big 10. Just seems like Groundhog Day over and over and over.

The Kentucky loss is still difficult to grasp. Just stunning. But beyond that, I’ll reserve judgment on the SEC until Sunday afternoon. LSU was coach-less, so their loss was pretty expected. And Alabama should have never ever been a 6 seed. Auburn and Tennessee both looked fantastic.

The WCC looked great. San Fran nearly pulled off the win despite their best player not playing. And they arguably should have been an 8/9 anyway. And Zags and St Marys dominated.

As much as I hate defending bammers, they did lose their star player in the opening minutes of their game to a knee injury.

All of this is true. I'd just add that the Big East has looked bad. Not just the losses but Marquette and Seton Hall were embarrassed in games that, on paper, should have been competitive.

The SEC is a good conference but not what espn tried making them out to be. 3-3 and they were the favorite in every game. With that said, it wouldn’t be too hard to believe if one of the three left were to win it all.

To be fair Sparty was only 1.5 favorites I believe vs Davidson , so expected a close game , not from Illinois though.

Don’t be that guy Della. Tenn, Iowa, Virginia Tech, were not conference champions. They were conference tournament champions….big difference and I suspect that Iowa would gladly relinquish that tournament ship for a different approach leading up to the dance.
Virginia Tech was the ACC conference champ.

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT