ADVERTISEMENT

How much will the 1pm start, on a Friday, impact attendance for the UK/UL game?

I have not checked,but
Then it’s going to be a sellout. Rivalry game should mean zero empty chairs.
I have not checked the chairs yet but agree it should be zero empty seats,even though attendance has been down so far,which is weird in itself,even though the Cats have not played anyone at home,they normally have drawn better in the past than this year.

Idk who thought it was a great idea to schedule a 1pm game on a Friday. I mean did they think 12/29 was a Saturday? lol.
Made me check my damn calendar. I have a HS game that night. When I saw UK vs UL on 12/29, with a 1pm tip, I about freaked. I thought my Friday game was Saturday, which meant I would've been doubled-booked.

Most people that can afford to go to that game can take a day off. Resale tickets are still absurd, despite the 1 pm start.

But yeah, they announced that it was a sell out almost 2 weeks ago. Turn out shouldn’t be an issue.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Worst scheduling ever.

Before the season: "Hey guys, we have one of the biggest rivalries in the sport, both teams have been ranked every time they'e played the past 8 years, every game has been within single digits, etc, etc, etc"

"Okay, let's put it on at 1 on a friday when everyone is at work and only those with regional interest will make an effort to get off and see it"

Genius

Was the scheduling done like this due to bowl games? As far back as I remember, this game has always been a Saturday game.

Edit**It looks like last year they played on a Wednesday (12/21).

Last edited:
Used up last of Vacation days to be freed up to watch this one. Hopefully 'Camp Cal' will have an effect on fixing some of the defensive issues.

Looking forward to seeing the high quality creative signs UK fans will make. I think back during the Karen Sypher days security was checking the signs entering Rupp to make sure they didn't violate CBS censorship guidelines.

Looking forward to seeing the high quality creative signs UK fans will make. I think back during the Karen Sypher days security was checking the signs entering Rupp to make sure they didn't violate CBS censorship guidelines.
I honestly think they will go a lot easier on the team because Pitino is gone. We literally have nothing against David Padgett lol

Ha, absolutely. I went to the 2014 sweet sixteen...it was the worst great time ever

I was at that game. This made it worth it.

kentucky3_medium.gif

Reactions: Simple_Man
I honestly think they will go a lot easier on the team because Pitino is gone. We literally have nothing against David Padgett lol
Jimbo,you know better to say they will go easier,this is the tards at rupp,come on man!!!

I am taking off just because I had the vacation to use. Hoping my wife doesn't have anything planned for me so I can watch. Not a fan of either but always enjoy this matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT