ADVERTISEMENT

How many here root for more than one team?

Basketball: Gonzaga is my team and I root for any western school

Football: ND is my team and I root for any western school. Also whoever is playing Alabama.

Louisville is 9-1. After a three game skid, my second favorite is 8-4 and winning again.

Iowa fan/grad (picked my school based on cheap student football tickets for Iowa games). I had free tickets to Northern Iowa home games from connections in the carnival business (doing fundraisers for UNI) and grew up in Cedar Falls (where UNI is located) so I went to dozens of UNI home games when Greg McDermott turned the program around and when they were still playing in the UNIdome. So I still cheer for them to do well. And Drake too, why not, I live in Des Moines now. I've just never been to 1 Drake game in 9 years here.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Very weird, you’d think Martin and Christopher by themselves would make them very dangerous.

I saw their first two games against Rhode Island and Villanova. Offense looked very well connected then. They were in rhythm and looked like they could manufacture points with little difficulty. Defense is often a struggle, however. I've only seen portions of their games since then. Looking at the stats, it appears the shooting has dipped quite a bit. They're not in the top 200 for FG% (43.6%) or 3pt FG% (31.5). I really expected them to make some noise this year. They've got plenty of scorers. But, with shoddy defense and pedestrian perimeter shooting, it's hard to win. I can't help but wonder if there are locker room issues as Martin, Christopher, and Verge are all high-volume shooters.

Auburn, Duke and UNC fan here. Auburn is the best of the bunch and my favorite these days but I still enjoy all 3.

What's happened to Arizona State this year? They are falling apart. They were suppose to be top 25 good. Not enough grit on the team, perhaps?

Yup, there's no Bobby Hurley's on this team. They actually looked decent until they took three weeks off due to covid. Since then, they haven't won a game.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yup, there's no Bobby Hurley's on this team. They actually looked decent until they took three weeks off due to covid. Since then, they haven't won a game.

Disappointing. I was hoping he'd have a shot at the Pac-12 title this year. Yeah, I remember seeing them at the beginning of the season. They looked really sharp then. Losses to both UTEP and Oregon is a bit of a head-scratcher. They'll probably have to win the conference tournament at this point, if they're wanting to play in the dance.

Arizona State remains winless for 2021. Up 5 with 2 minutes to go last night, and they decided that's enough scoring for the day.

Arizona State remains winless for 2021. Up 5 with 2 minutes to go last night, and they decided that's enough scoring for the day.

Several questionable calls in the final minutes. That charge on Remy with 2 minutes left was egregious. Martin came to a complete stand still, his shoulder slightly brushes up against Akinjo, and then Akinjo falls down like a brick. Should have been a no call. Also, Tubelis could have been called for an illegal screen with 40 seconds left or so. And I thought Martin got fouled on his drive with 10 seconds left. Tough breaks,.

Reactions: sgrooms
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT