ADVERTISEMENT

How many college basketball schools can you name

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
I came across this trivia quiz and I thought I'd do reasonably well. Time allotted is 30 minutes to name all of the D1 schools in college basketball. Here's what I got:

collegebasketball-teams-trivia.png

I'm shocked that essentially 1/3 people that took this quiz beat me. All I can think is the sample size is pretty low and mostly really nerdy college basketball fans took this quiz. Wouldn't be at all surprised if several of you were able to surpass this number. Just thought I'd at least be in the 80th percentile. I think I had 270 schools with 10 minutes left, and then my brain mostly shut down. Missed some easy ones, for sure.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I was gonna say the same thing. Some folks probably just pulled up a list of all the schools and typed them in.

Maybe I’ll try it this weekend. I’d imagine I actually know around 330, but would be able to think of only 240 or so during the time.

I came across this trivia quiz and I thought I'd do reasonably well. Time allotted is 30 minutes to name all of the D1 schools in college basketball. Here's what I got:

collegebasketball-teams-trivia.png

I'm shocked that essentially 1/3 people that took this quiz beat me. All I can think is the sample size is pretty low and mostly really nerdy college basketball fans took this quiz. Wouldn't be at all surprised if several of you were able to surpass this number. Just thought I'd at least be in the 80th percentile. I think I had 270 schools with 10 minutes left, and then my brain mostly shut down. Missed some easy ones, for sure.

I was gonna say the same thing. Some folks probably just pulled up a list of all the schools and typed them in.

Maybe I’ll try it this weekend. I’d imagine I actually know around 330, but would be able to think of only 240 or so during the time.

I'll try and take it later, it should help me work on my spelling.

Yall don’t forget Georgia is actually a D1 program when filling out your answers. Thanks! We can be confusing about that.

fw8inPv.png

Hundreds of hours in College Hoops 2k8 has finally paid off. Missed a few easy ones due to spelling and brain melting down at the end. Tried to go conference to conference. There are way too many Eastern/Northern/Southern/Western universities.

fw8inPv.png

Hundreds of hours in College Hoops 2k8 has finally paid off. Missed a few easy ones due to spelling and brain melting down at the end. Tried to go conference to conference. There are way too many Eastern/Northern/Southern/Western universities.

Impressive. Really impressive. Well done.

It's a tough quiz. I've heard of every school minus one (a school that I can only presumed recently became D-1), but man, recalling all of those schools in that amount of time ain't easy - especially when your brain sort of goes blank after a while.

It's a tough quiz. I've heard of every school minus one (a school that I can only presumed recently became D-1), but man, recalling all of those schools in that amount of time ain't easy - especially when your brain sort of goes blank after a while.
I kind of wonder how accurate the results statistics are on this. Both you and @RR30 scored really well for a poll quiz that has 358 answers in 30 minutes. I’d imagine by 150 (that’s even a high assumption) I’d be forgetting who I said already and didn’t say. That just seems too high for so many people to get close to it in that amount of time.

Which school hadn't you heard of?

I kind of wonder how accurate the results statistics are on this. Both you and @RR30 scored really well for a poll quiz that has 358 answers in 30 minutes. I’d imagine by 150 (that’s even a high assumption) I’d be forgetting who I said already and didn’t say. That just seems too high for so many people to get close to it in that amount of time.

I don't think it's that accurate. Like I said in my first post people probably cheated. Unless the sample size is tiny.

Reactions: Ikibari
Which school hadn't you heard of?

St. Thomas in the Summit League. I can only assume that they made the jump to D1 recently.

Yeah, don't think that's anyway reflective of what accurate results would be. People could easily cheat, or perhaps they took the quiz 10 or 15 times until they got all of the schools right; that would inflate the numbers a bit. RR30 should be in the 99% percentile. It's absurd to think 28.4% of people scored higher than he did.

Reactions: Ikibari
Get a life guys.

From you that really hurts man

St. Thomas in the Summit League. I can only assume that they made the jump to D1 recently.

Yeah, don't think that's anyway reflective of what accurate results would be. People could easily cheat, or perhaps they took the quiz 10 or 15 times until they got all of the schools right; that would inflate the numbers a bit. RR30 should be in the 99% percentile. It's absurd to think 28.4% of people scored higher than he did.

Never heard of them either. Wiki says they are moving up to D1 this year so that feels a bit unfair to include them. A lot of the newer ones were ones I missed. Most of my knowledge of the tiny tiny schools came from 2k8 so a bunch have been added since that were never in there.

Reactions: dukedevilz
From you that really hurts man

Never heard of them either. Wiki says they are moving up to D1 this year so that feels a bit unfair to include them. A lot of the newer ones were ones I missed. Most of my knowledge of the tiny tiny schools came from 2k8 so a bunch have been added since that were never in there.

Yeah, was thinking there was 353 schools in D1. Guess this quiz already included the few moving up in 2022. When I see St. Thomas, the only thing that comes to mind is the island in the Caribbean.

ADVERTISEMENT