ADVERTISEMENT

How many all time tourney wins does your team have?

Looking at other sports.

UNC>Kentucky

Isn't even close.

UNC has a pretty solid football and baseball history and their basketball history is about the same as Kentucky
Good thing we're on a basketball board. :D

Truth be told, I'd rank UNC above UCLA. probably Duke as well. KU is right there even though they have 3 titles. Shit IU is right there as well even though they've not done much since the 80's.

I think it is funny when people discredit UCLA because they haven't been as dominant lately. Because college basketball is one of the few sports where you can definitively say that the level of talent at the top has gone down. Teams today are not as good as teams used to be because of players leaving early. So why should your current success matter more than past success when discussing all time programs? That just does not make any sense to me.

I get people use the 11 titles to get under UK fans' skin a lot. But I don't think people truly believe UCLA is the GOAT. I think most diehard CBB fans don't even have them in the top 3 of blue bloods.

Reactions: Yellow Man
I agree
So UCLA is a better basketball program than Kentucky
For 15 years they were the best basketball program of all time. They have more titles than Kentucky.

They are not a good program, they were brilliant over a short period of time like a super nova.

UNC football is not nearly as good as UK. Hell the ACC is not half the quality of the SEC. Plus Big 12 football is a second rate compared to the SEC.

For 15 years they were the best basketball program of all time. They have more titles than Kentucky.

They are not a good program, they were brilliant over a short period of time like a super nova.

UNC football is not nearly as good as UK. Hell the ACC is not half the quality of the SEC. Plus Big 12 football is a second rate compared to the SEC.
You’re crazy if you think UK football is better than UNC.
Hell,UK doesn’t even have a winning record in their history.

Reactions: Yellow Man
….UNC certainly isn't a 'Titan' in the college football realm. I don't remember the last time they actually were 'good'....maybe when Peppers played there?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UNC football has been more respectable compared to UK over past few decades. Can't argue with that. I'd take where UK is right now over UNC though.

Good thing we're on a basketball board. :D

Truth be told, I'd rank UNC above UCLA. probably Duke as well. KU is right there even though they have 3 titles. Shit IU is right there as well even though they've not done much since the 80's.

The correct ALL TIME TOP 5 ranking is as follows:

1. UK
2. UNC
3. DUKE
4. KANSAS
5. UCLA

tenor.gif

….UNC certainly isn't a 'Titan' in the college football realm. I don't remember the last time they actually were 'good'....maybe when Peppers played there?
Never said the were a titan, I said they have a better history than UK.
In 2015 UNC had a 11-1 regular season record, was undefeated in the ACC & lost in the ACC championship to Clemson.
With the return of Mack Brown to UNC, the football team is looking to be in great shape.

Can you find any Pre-season polls that have UK in the top 25 this upcoming season?
I can find plenary that have UNC ranked.
https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2020-preseason-top-25-college-football-power-rankings

I actually trust this one more than just opinion polls. I have no idea how good you guys will be but Kentucky has won 18 games the last two years and I see no reason we won’t be better this season. In fact, I’ll go on record right now that this will be Stoops best team to date here. I’m very excited for college football this season.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-2020-preseason-top-25-college-football-power-rankings

I actually trust this one more than just opinion polls. I have no idea how good you guys will be but Kentucky has won 18 games the last two years and I see no reason we won’t be better this season. In fact, I’ll go on record right now that this will be Stoops best team to date here. I’m very excited for college football this season.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25-college-football-rankings?amp

Here’s one with UNC at 16

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...-clemson-ohio-state/nksaexznh9m51jojwz2c4htqi

this one has UNC 19

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-ga...-way-too-early-top-25-2020-season/4462455002/

this one has UNC at 20

Can you find any Pre-season polls that have UK in the top 25 this upcoming season?
I can find plenary that have UNC ranked.

Jimbo linked. Aware UNC is projected top 25. I actually respect what UNC has done in football as a basketball school. Have definitely outperformed the others over past few decades (minus a few spectacularly weird and successful seasons from KU under Mangino). I like Stoops over Mack though, especially now that we have some wind in sails. Would love to see UK vs UNC this season.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Jimbo linked. Aware UNC is projected top 25. I actually respect what UNC has done in football as a basketball school. Have definitely outperformed the others over past few decades (minus a few spectacularly weird and successful seasons from KU under Mangino). I like Stoops over Mack though, especially now that we have some wind in sails. Would love to see UK vs UNC this season.
I’d also love to see a football series... really hoping for a baseball series.

Reactions: bkingUK

You’re crazy if you think UK football is better than UNC.
Hell,UK doesn’t even have a winning record in their history.

We're talking about Bert here.

Let's just end this right here...

After further research...
National Championships do matter and shows Kentucky is elite in one sport.

Men's basketball.
Their athletic department has 11 NC.
8 in men's basketball
1 in women's Cross Country
2 in Rifle shooting

Reactions: AWilli6995
Most of the big name schools.

They have multiple programs they are bluebloods in.

In regards to the Big 3 Texas and USC are the only ones elite in two.
LSU is borderline in football but getting close
Most of the big name schools? Are you kidding me? Please expand. If you've already posted what schools you think are elite are certain sports, please reference the post. I missed it.

UNC has 45 NC

Men basketball
Men's soccer
Mens Lacrosse
Women's basketball
Women's soccer
Women's lacrosse
Women's field hockey

Texas has 51 NC
Football
Baseball
Men's Golf
Men's Tennis
Men's Swimming and Diving
Women's Basketball
Women's Cross Country.
Women's indoor and outdoor track and field
Women's swimming and diving
Women's tennis
Women's volleyball

UNC has 45 NC

Men basketball
Men's soccer
Mens Lacrosse
Women's basketball
Women's soccer
Women's lacrosse
Women's field hockey

Texas has 51 NC
Football
Baseball
Men's Golf
Men's Tennis
Men's Swimming and Diving
Women's Basketball
Women's Cross Country.
Women's indoor and outdoor track and field
Women's swimming and diving
Women's tennis
Women's volleyball
lol at some of these

Regardless, I disagree with the premise of your post. You said there are schools that are bluebloods in more than one sport. Neither Texas or UNC is a blueblood at more than one sport. At least a sport that people give a shit about.

Reactions: RipThru
lol at some of these

Regardless, I disagree with the premise of your post. You said there are schools that are bluebloods in more than one sport. Neither Texas or UNC is a blueblood at more than one sport. At least a sport that people give a shit about.

Texas is one in Football and Baseball

Texas is close to 100 conference championships in baseball.
Been to Omaha almost 40 times.

I mean, elite is a pretty distinct term. How many schools are truly "elite" at more than one sport?
UNC....5 Mens lacrosses championships
6 Mens basketball championships
8 women’s field hockey championships
21 women’s soccer championships

Texas is one in Football and Baseball
I'm not going to pretend I'm educated about college baseball so I'll give it to you. The basketball blue bloods are Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Kansas, and UCLA. They are not blue bloods at any other sports, unless I'm missing something with UCLA baseball.

Football blue bloods:

Texas (giving it to you with this and baseball, although I'm sure some disagree)

Notre Dame, not a blueblood at anything else
Alabama?
Michigan?
Ohio State?

Those schools may be good at other sports other than their main sport, but to me, blue blood implies top 5 or 6 program of all time.

UNC....5 Mens lacrosses championships
6 Mens basketball championships
8 women’s field hockey championships
21 women’s soccer championships
That's great, but I'll be honest, I don't know or care to know the elites and blue bloods of women's soccer or women's hockey (didn't even know that was a thing)

I see the difference with UNC and Kentucky

They want to be elite in everything. Kentucky fans are just happy with basketball.
lol wut?

What a silly statement. Because I don't follow women's soccer or field hockey, that means I don't want UK to be good at them? Weird take.

Its nice knowing what we do best is better than whatever you guys do best. Feels good.

lol wut?

What a silly statement. Because I don't follow women's soccer or field hockey, that means I don't want UK to be good at them? Weird take.

Its nice knowing what we do best is better than whatever you guys do best. Feels good.

???

UNC can recruit elite talent in every sport.
Not just basketball.

That was my point.

There are a few programs that can recruit Top 10 talent in the Big 3
Texas
USC
Florida
LSU

Then some can occasionally
North Carolina is one.

Kentucky not really.

???

UNC can recruit elite talent in every sport.
Not just basketball.

That was my point.

There are a few programs that can recruit Top 10 talent in the Big 3
Texas
USC
Florida
LSU

Then some can occasionally
North Carolina is one.

Kentucky not really.
Congrats on being great at women’s water polo. Cheers

Who is talking about women's water polo?
Kentucky can't even get the football or baseball thing down.
Whatever, man. We can move on. You said there are plenty of schools that were blue bloods in multiple sports. Those were your exact words. You gave me one school, Texas, who is a blue blood at more than one sport. I took your word on it, I don’t follow college baseball. You then proceed to change the subject and start talking about sports that no one follows. So put up or shut up. Unless you want to tell me you follow sports like women’s golf and field hockey, and can name blue bloods in sports like that. If you can, more power to you. But I highly doubt those were the sports you were talking about.

UNC football has been more respectable compared to UK over past few decades. Can't argue with that. I'd take where UK is right now over UNC though.

Both schools are in great shape going forward right now respective to where they have been at times.

ADVERTISEMENT