ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Will Davis, Scheyer, Howard, Penny Be Given?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
UK fans were divided over Cal the last couple of seasons due to a bit of a drop off in recruiting, which appears to have been remedied. So what about these other schools that have new coaches, brash ex-NBA players as coaches? What are the expectations for them? What will be considered as successful-enough or falling short under their watch to fans?

Yea i mean obv depends on winning.

A couple sub .500 seasons id say a year or two at best

Don’t know about the other ones but Scheyer and Davis Imo will not be given much leeway

Yea i feel like it should jist be about schyer and davis. Howard has already done enough to buy some time and doesnt look to be slowing down, actually opposite.

And penny is killing it on the recruiting trail snd keeping memphis relevant or talked about at least. Id say hes prob bought some time as well, but obv not to the extent of howard.

Howard just won NCAA coach of the year. Not sure why he’s listed in this tier.

Yea i feel like it should jist be about schyer and davis. Howard has already done enough to buy some time and doesnt look to be slowing down, actually opposite.

And penny is killing it on the recruiting trail snd keeping memphis relevant or talked about at least. Id say hes prob bought some time as well, but obv not to the extent of howard.
You’re probably right. I just included Howard due to still being relatively new.

Matt Doherty, AP Coach of the Year 2001.

I don’t foresee Howard following in his footsteps. Just thought I’d mention that.
It's weird. Gillispie was never as bad as Doherty record wise, but I would take him over Gillipsie in a heartbeat.

I guess it was all the Gillispie partying at college bars and f^cking players girlfriends.

Amazing the shitshows we've watched over the years.

Why in the world would any female, attractive enough to date what are basically celebrities on campus, ever mess around with 50 yo, out of shape, drunk like gillespie. Had to have $$$$ on the mind or special K in their blood . Crazy world.

Doherty recruited a national championship team at least 🤷‍♂️

Why in the world would any female, attractive enough to date what are basically celebrities on campus, ever mess around with 50 yo, out of shape, drunk like gillespie.
Maybe he was hung like a bull moose?

smilingmoose_400x400.jpg

Reactions: Villian07
Why in the world would any female, attractive enough to date what are basically celebrities on campus, ever mess around with 50 yo, out of shape, drunk like gillespie. Had to have $$$$ on the mind or special K in their blood . Crazy world.

Doherty recruited a national championship team at least 🤷‍♂️

Pictures of girlfriends?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT