ADVERTISEMENT

How is your state doing in CBB?

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
This past year has already been amazing for anyone in the state of Iowa that follows college basketball, both for the men and women:

Iowa- 26 wins (and counting hopefully), B10 tourney champs, 5 seed in the NCAAT, arguably the NPOY a year after another player won the NPOY

ISU- 20+ wins and back in the NCAAT after a 2 win season a year ago. Will be just the 14th time both Iowa and ISU are in the tournament in the same season.

UNI- MVC regular season champions outta nowhere

Drake- 24 win team, made the MVC tournament championship game and was good enough to be an NCAA Tournament team having swept the 10 seeded representative from the MVC, but both the NCAA and NIT committee chose to disrespect anyone not named Loyola from the MVC.

Women:
Iowa- Big Ten regular season and tournament champions, 2 seed in the NCAAT, and arguably the most transcendent player in Women's basketball in this era

Iowa State- 2nd in the Big 12, 3 seed in the NCAAT

UNI- 22 wins, reached the MVC tourney Finals

Not too bad for the little ole state of Iowa...... :cool:

This past year has already been amazing for anyone in the state of Iowa that follows college basketball, both for the men and women:

Iowa- 26 wins (and counting hopefully), B10 tourney champs, 5 seed in the NCAAT, arguably the NPOY a year after another player won the NPOY

ISU- 20+ wins and back in the NCAAT after a 2 win season a year ago. Will be just the 14th time both Iowa and ISU are in the tournament in the same season.

Drake- 24 win team, made the MVC tournament championship game and was good enough to be an NCAA Tournament team having swept the 10 seeded representative from the MVC, but both the NCAA and NIT committee chose to disrespect anyone not named Loyola from the MVC.

Women:
Iowa- Big Ten regular season and tournament champions, 2 seed in the NCAAT, and arguably the most transcendent player in Women's basketball in this era

Be accurate if you are going to put things out there. The Iowa women were regular season Co-Champs but lost the tiebreaker to Ohio St because the bucks beat the hawks, and two other programs ended with the same number of losses but both teams had a game with Illinois(last place team in the conference) canceled. Had both of the teams gotten the W, the hawks would have been the 3 or 4 seed. You Hawk fans sure like to exaggerate.

Be accurate if you are going to put things out there. The Iowa women were regular season Co-Champs but lost the tiebreaker to Ohio St because the bucks beat the hawks, and two other programs ended with the same number of losses but both teams had a game with Illinois(last place team in the conference) canceled. Had both of the teams gotten the W, the hawks would have been the 3 or 4 seed. You Hawk fans sure like to exaggerate.
Maybe women are different, but there is no tiebreaker on the men's side. Co-champs of the regular season are exactly that, Co-champs.

Nothing I said was inaccurate, and what you're saying is actually more speculative because the games didn't happen............just sayin Mr. Accuracy. :cool:

Maybe women are different, but there is no tiebreaker on the men's side. Co-champs of the regular season are exactly that, Co-champs.
There sure is and it is used for conference tournament seeding. There are hawk fans claiming the men are conference champs. They were certain to hammer cyclones about it when the clones have won 5 out of the last 10 conference tournaments.

There sure is and it is used for conference tournament seeding. There are hawk fans claiming the men are conference champs. They were certain to hammer cyclones about it when the clones have won 5 out of the last 10 conference tournaments.
Used for seeding only. All co champs are still champs. Tournament champs are tournament champs. This isn’t difficult.

Used for seeding only. All co champs are still champs. Tournament champs are tournament champs. This isn’t difficult.
You do realize that they didn’t do that in football prior to CCGs. Tiebreakers determine conference titles based upon head to head play. I guess that means a “Co-Champ” that was beaten by the team they have the same record as, is getting a participation trophy. That certainly makes sense in today’s society and of course penalizes the actual champion.

Alabama has 4, Bama, the aubies, UAB and Jax State

You do realize that they didn’t do that in football prior to CCGs. Tiebreakers determine conference titles based upon head to head play. I guess that means a “Co-Champ” that was beaten by the team they have the same record as, is getting a participation trophy. That certainly makes sense in today’s society and of course penalizes the actual champion.
Actually, @jwardelt I think he's trying to say that Wisconsin's Big Ten title is invalid because they lost to Illinois in their only matchup........You're not gonna let him get away with that, right? :cool:

Three flagship programs are all dancing (Purdue, Indiana, Notre Dame) tho 2 are in play-in games. Our mid-major programs have fallen off a cliff.

No one cares about women's basketball.
Not to mention, Wabash is playing in the D3 Final Four... 😁

Home state: Nebraska. Pretty much the norm. Creighton makes the tournament and loses a key play to injury. Nebasketball is a complete dumpster fire except for a few games at the end.

Women:

Take your women's sports stats to pintrest you fugging wanker.

I have personal problems….but I deal with them by rubbing my lucky Gene Chizik coin underneath my ball sack and that makes the voices go away.
Kvpu.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
And hawk racism is just second nature and you don’t even realize it. The thing that sticks out about it is Ferentz owns it and refuses to apologize for any actions within the program. I guess you can applaud his determination even if his actions are despicable. He owns it and believes he is untouchable.
Is this one of those situations where it takes a racist to know a racist? Is that why you're crusading for change at Iowa?......To keep them from making the mistakes you made in life?

I really have no idea. Was really nice weather out here today. I think my state wins all these discussions.
All of them.

Best weather
Best scenery
Most diverse everything
Most poop on the streets
Best economic power as a state
Best food grower
Greatest innovators
Best waves
Hottest women

I could go on and on.

Tech
Baylor
TCU
Texas
Houston

Selection Committee made Texas Southern play Texas-Corpus Christi in the First Four. Texas Southern won then lost to Kansas.

Overall Texas Teams are 6-2.

ADVERTISEMENT