ADVERTISEMENT

How has Gonzaga already played 21 games?

nole96

Oct 9, 2002
Everyone else has only played 17-18 except for some mid-majors that have played 19. Have they not had any weeks off?

*edit- never mind, looks like it's the entire WCC.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Yes, they end their regular season a week before the power conferences.

For those that don't know, Zags were seriously considering going to the MWC. The WCC convinced them to stay when they were promised a larger revenue share from the NCAA Tournament, reducing conference games from 18 to 16 games (guaranteed of playing SMC and BYU twice every year), and they get a double-bye to the Semifinals of the WCC Tournament (assuming they're a top 2 seed). Zags milked the WCC pretty good on that one.

Yes, they end their regular season a week before the power conferences.

For those that don't know, Zags were seriously considering going to the MWC. The WCC convinced them to stay when they were promised a larger revenue share from the NCAA Tournament, reducing conference games from 18 to 16 games (guaranteed of playing SMC and BYU twice every year), and they get a double-bye to the Semifinals of the WCC Tournament (assuming they're a top 2 seed). Zags milked the WCC pretty good on that one.
Well I'd say the WCC has been milking Gonzaga for 20 years. The only reason the WCC has a contract with ESPN and CBS Sports is because of Gonzaga.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Well I'd say the WCC has been milking Gonzaga for 20 years. The only reason the WCC has a contract with ESPN and CBS Sports is because of Gonzaga.

I'm not against it. I'm a fan of the Zags. I think it's a sound business deal. WCC needs Gonzaga much more than Gonzaga needs the WCC. Ideally they could join the Pac-12 for basketball only, that would make a lot of sense. Just don't think the Pac-12 would ever allow a Jesuit school into the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT