ADVERTISEMENT

How far do you expect your team to go?

How far will your team go?

• Total voters
Izzo has his teams ready to go in March. Duke doesn't even have a defensive identity and they turn the ball over too much. If Duvall is the Duvall from that game, I like the odds better, but still not great.

Izzo is like 1-50 against UNC and Duke. Duke by double digits.

We might win our first round game

It should be a good game. Our 2nd leading scorer got arrested and is suspended for the game. FSU isn’t good at defending the 3 and we live and die by the 3. Not sure how it is gonna go since Barnett is suspended because he is a great spot up shooter. MPJ is back although I don’t really know what to expect from him other than at least 15 field goal attempts. I honestly think whoever wins the matchup between us is going to knock Xavier off in the 2nd round.

Reactions: KisteK
You beat us earlier in the year without Marvin for most of the game. What makes you think you would lose to us.
Without Bagley they had Allen going nuts from 3.

Put Bagley back in the game, he takes a good number of those shots. Not saying they don’t win, but basketball is a funny game.

Wanted multiple answer option .... damnit.

Anywhere from round 2 to Elite 8 for KU.

2018 Kansas, a 1 seed .. HA!!!!

This quadrant crap will set up the first 1-16 upset.
Maybe not this season, but eventually.

When P6 teams routinely schedule like crap, it damages college basketball's marketability. So now, the NCAA leans heavy on this system (Quadrant Wins) to reward those who schedule like alphas with higher seeds..

Is that what's happening here?

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I didn't vote yet.... My Wildcats could lose the first weekend or make a big run to the Final Four. This has been an odd year for us. Two major player injuries. Get one player back - but inserting Vanderbilt back into the lineup so late kind of messed with the team dynamics - plus he was a bit rusty. Back injury to our original starting PG - and a nasty flu bug where we had key players out for a few games.

Which team shows up for the NCAA? The one that lost four straight or the one that looked pretty good in the SEC Tournament? Our youngest and least experienced team has been very inconsistent this year. If the kick-ass version shows up, it's possible they could win it all. If not, we could be done after the first weekend.

I'm just going to hope for the best and some good luck along the way. We'd have to beat some really good teams to make it to the Final Four. Best of luck to all.

Due to Purdue's history, I'm going to say they lose in the sweet 16 to Tech. I'm hoping C. Edwards is the type of guard we need to get us over the hump. V. Edwards needs to be healthy too. The extra time off hopefully helped.

You don't have to play all 3 of them.
I’m not a Auburn fan, but the odds are that you’re going to have to play one. The odds of all three getting upset is slim, an upset or two in any other region could ease the path much more significantly.

I’m not a Auburn fan, but the odds are that you’re going to have to play one. The odds of all three getting upset is slim, an upset or two in any other region could ease the path much more significantly.

Auburn and Clemson would play each other in the second round but both have to win first..we have a tougher draw than Auburn

Not stacking our region with Virginia, Arizona, and Kentucky is all I'd ask. Spread those P5 Champs out. I expected us to be anywhere from a 4 to a 6, our seed doesn't bother me.
Isn't that just as tough on UVA and AZ? Or just UK? I like you VA. But man you guys cmplain every year.

Look at the West: Big 12 Champ, Big 10 champ and SEC champ. Not to mention Duke. Don't hear any of those dudes whining.

Isn't that just as tough on UVA and AZ? Or just UK? I like you VA. But man you guys cmplain every year.

Look at the West: Big 12 Champ, Big 10 champ and SEC champ. Not to mention Duke. Don't hear any of those dudes whining.

The only time I was annoyed by our bracket besides this year was 2016, when we also were stacked as a 4/5 with our 2nd round team being a P5 Champion. I don't think those games should be played in the second round (and in the West, they won't be). All three teams are screwed a little in this scenario, but mine is the one I care about most and I'm not about to complain on UVA's behalf lol.

Anyway, I'm expending more words than I really should on this. I'm mildly annoyed, not truly upset (if we had won more games this wouldn't be our bracket) and I was trying to be about half tongue in cheek. There's a reason I didn't participate in the thread about which team got cornholed the worst. Laughing

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I like UK against defensive teams.

It's the offensive powerhouses that outscore Kentucky and they can't keep up.
Virginia can score. Very efficient. They are 21st in KenPom's AdjO. Ahead of UK. Ahead of Florida and UT. Two teams UK went a combined 1-4 against.

Virginia doesn't score on you by running up and down the floor. They do so be being very, very efficient.

Really, really good team.

Virginia can score. Very efficient. They are 21st in KenPom's AdjO. Ahead of UK. Ahead of Florida and UT. Two teams UK went a combined 1-4 against.

Virginia doesn't score on you by running up and down the floor. They do so be being very, very efficient.

Really, really good team.

But the half court teams (which usually are the defensive teams) are the teams that allow UK to get back and set up their defense.

Once the defense is set... good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT