How far will your team go?

• Total voters

schoonerwest

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2006
Midland, TX
Team
Kansas
This isn’t what you want to happen. This is what you think will happen.

I think Kansas loses in the Elite 8... again.

I'll say Michigan goes out in the S16 but who knows with them. They've been all over the place this season even though they've been pretty hot lately. Houston will be tough and I just don't see us beating UNC. Montana is no slouch either though.

I really don’t think we got the toughest bracket. Definitely not the easiest though

We got the toughest quadrant by far.

As a 5 seed, Auburn has Kansas, Michigan state, and Duke.

Auburn wouldn't have to play Michigan State or Duke until the Elite Eight. Kentucky/Arizona/Virginia will almost certainly need to beat both of the other two to make it even that far.

No idea. I mean, we lost to Wofford, which is a similar team to Lipscomb. So we could lose early or go to the FF. I don't think UNC can beat the elite teams though.

No idea. I mean, we lost to Wofford, which is a similar team to Lipscomb. So we could lose early or go to the FF. I don't think UNC can beat the elite teams though.

From what I've seen of UNC I think you definitely can beat the elite teams, a Final Four run wouldn't shock me. But I don't know if UNC is consistent enough to beat several in a row.

Reactions: pisgah101
At the beginning of the year I said if we advanced to the sweet 16 that'll work for me. With the brackets out I'm sticking to that, don't wanna jinx it, not gonna do or say anything because we all know this is a crap shoot.

Loss to Arizona in the second round.

From what I've seen of UNC I think you definitely can beat the elite teams, a Final Four run wouldn't shock me. But I don't know if UNC is consistent enough to beat several in a row.

Yeah, probably not. It's been a fun year though and they have looked better than I expected at times. The record ended up about where I thought but the good wins were pretty solid. At least we didn't end up in the NIT like we did after one of our titles, lol.

Reactions: VAWildcat15
Sweet sixteen or elite 8 for KU. Unless of course we piss down our legs in round 2 which is definitely possible

Reactions: KisteK
You beat us earlier in the year without Marvin for most of the game. What makes you think you would lose to us.
Izzo has his teams ready to go in March. Duke doesn't even have a defensive identity and they turn the ball over too much. If Duvall is the Duvall from that game, I like the odds better, but still not great.

I also think UNC's bracket is pretty tough, not that I'm complaining. I think it is more than reasonable. I just think there are some sneaky good teams in terms of rosters that could beat a higher seeded team.

Yeah, probably not. It's been a fun year though and they have looked better than I expected at times. The record ended up about where I thought but the good wins were pretty solid. At least we didn't end up in the NIT like we did after one of our titles, lol.

Man isn't that the worst? Haha.

I think we are going to lose in the Sweet 16 and I'll have to spend another year listening to how our system isn't made for the postseason. Can't take away 31-2 and ACC regular season and tournament champs though.

I think we are going to lose in the Sweet 16 and I'll have to spend another year listening to how our system isn't made for the postseason. Can't take away 31-2 and ACC regular season and tournament champs though.

Won't UK and Zona preseason top 5 teams? No shame if they do lose to one of them.

I really think this is the year for Virginia. I mean I've said that before but still. Laughing

I think advancing to the Sweet 16/Elite 8 will be the far tougher task for Virginia/Arizona/Kentucky than advancing to the Final Four. The South bracket doesn't have the worst bottom half, but that top half is savage. None of the other regions have such a tough half of a bracket.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Florida—I think we lose in the sweet 16 to Purdue. I think UF is as good as any team in the country when we are right.

We’re set up for a nice run. Meechigan could be our toughest hurdle to make the FF.

Reactions: KisteK
I really think this is the year for Virginia. I mean I've said that before but still. Laughing

I think advancing to the Sweet 16/Elite 8 will be the far tougher task for Virginia/Arizona/Kentucky than advancing to the Final Four. The South bracket doesn't have the worst bottom half, but that top half is savage. None of the other regions have such a tough half of a bracket.

I'm having a hard time not picking UVA to win it all. Defense travels and UVA is the best defensive team in the country hands down. They don't have to have an explosive offense. That's not who they are. What UVA does is find ways to score in a methodical manner and they're consistent in doing it.

Reactions: kelley2403
We got the toughest quadrant by far.

Auburn wouldn't have to play Michigan State or Duke until the Elite Eight. Kentucky/Arizona/Virginia will almost certainly need to beat both of the other two to make it even that far.
So where do you feel UK should've went? Clemson has a higher RPI, more Top 25 wins(2-0). Not to mention UK was 0-4 vs the RPI Top 25; until today. UK has more Top 50 wins(7-5). Clemson is rated higher in the RPI. So in your opinion, should UK gotten their draw? BTW, before you answer, just realize that Clemson plays New Mex. State. A 25-5 team with an RPI of 38. UK plays Davidson. A team that had to win their conference tourney to get in.
Want to switch up with OSU? They got a 24-6 SD State team that has an RPI of 46. A Top 25 win over Butler. That's who OSU and Clemson get. Two pretty darn good 12-seeds. You guys got an NIT team.

Maybe switch with WVU? I mean they did get Murray State. But then you guys would bitch about the committee pairing you with an in-state school. And to boot-------An RPI Top 50 team. Not to mention a possible 2nd round game with Wichita State.

Point is----------You guys wouldn't be happy if the NCAA gave UK a double bye. You'd bitch still.

What is wrong is what they did to UVA. A team that lost ONE ACC game all year. Had 6 Top 25 wins....12 Top 50 wins. Their "reward" A potential SW 16 game vs UK or AZ.

But hey, is what it is....The Boogie man is out to get you guys.,....

Reactions: twocoach
So where do you feel UK should've went? Clemson has a higher RPI, more Top 25 wins(2-0). Not to mention UK was 0-4 vs the RPI Top 25; until today. UK has more Top 50 wins(7-5). Clemson is rated higher in the RPI. So in your opinion, should UK gotten their draw? BTW, before you answer, just realize that Clemson plays New Mex. State. A 25-5 team with an RPI of 38. UK plays Davidson. A team that had to win their conference tourney to get in.
Want to switch up with OSU? They got a 24-6 SD State team that has an RPI of 46. A Top 25 win over Butler. That's who OSU and Clemson get. Two pretty darn good 12-seeds. You guys got an NIT team.

Maybe switch with WVU? I mean they did get Murray State. But then you guys would bitch about the committee pairing you with an in-state school. And to boot-------An RPI Top 50 team. Not to mention a possible 2nd round game with Wichita State.

Point is----------You guys wouldn't be happy if the NCAA gave UK a double bye. You'd bitch still.

What is wrong is what they did to UVA. A team that lost ONE ACC game all year. Had 6 Top 25 wins....12 Top 50 wins. Their "reward" A potential SW 16 game vs UK or AZ.

But hey, is what it is....The Boogie man is out to get you guys.,....

Not stacking our region with Virginia, Arizona, and Kentucky is all I'd ask. Spread those P5 Champs out. I expected us to be anywhere from a 4 to a 6, our seed doesn't bother me.

If you need help filling out your bracket, the winner of the 7/10 game in UVA's regional has made the Final Four the last 4 years

2014 - UCONN
2015 - MSU
2016 - Cuse
2017 - South Carolina

Pick Nevada or Texas to win the South this year.

Reactions: northeastspartan
ADVERTISEMENT