ADVERTISEMENT

How does Bill Self survive?

The defense said in their closing statements that they showed evidence that Self and staff requested the payments. The only evidence they put forth was a vague text from Self to Gatto thanking him shortly after De Sousa committed. No mention of payments by any member of the staff or anything from any witnesses to corroborate this. Gassnola testified that he was requested by Townsend and Self to help De Sousa's guardian with outfitting the Angolan National Team with Adidas gear. This was the only thing put forth as a request by Self and staff. FBI's prime witness put forth that the staff had no knowledge of the payments.

People seem to forget that in these cases the prosecution has to show without a shadow of a doubt proof that this happened. They also must put forth factual evidence and submit that. The defense has to put forth factual evidence but they can also sling shit at walls hoping something sticks. Putting out vague texts with no witnesses or evidence to back it up is slinging shit at walls hoping something sticks.

Now I believe Self and staff had at least an idea of what was going on. Have said that many times. But there is no evidence whatsoever of requested payments or definitive knowledge the staff knew.

Self will survive. The only way he leaves is if he gets sick of the NCAA and goes to the league. The last thing any top 25-50 program wants is for the NCAA to start looking into their business with shoe companies. Because if they did, the whole house of cards will tumble.

The defense said in their closing statements that they showed evidence that Self and staff requested the payments. The only evidence they put forth was a vague text from Self to Gatto thanking him shortly after De Sousa committed. No mention of payments by any member of the staff or anything from any witnesses to corroborate this. Gassnola testified that he was requested by Townsend and Self to help De Sousa's guardian with outfitting the Angolan National Team with Adidas gear. This was the only thing put forth as a request by Self and staff. FBI's prime witness put forth that the staff had no knowledge of the payments.

People seem to forget that in these cases the prosecution has to show without a shadow of a doubt proof that this happened. They also must put forth factual evidence and submit that. The defense has to put forth factual evidence but they can also sling shit at walls hoping something sticks. Putting out vague texts with no witnesses or evidence to back it up is slinging shit at walls hoping something sticks.

Now I believe Self and staff had at least an idea of what was going on. Have said that many times. But there is no evidence whatsoever of requested payments or definitive knowledge the staff knew.
All the evidence was not allowed in this trial. It will come out later. Self is dead meat.

All the evidence was not allowed in this trial. It will come out later. Self is dead meat.

When? How? You'd Think any evidence would have been leaked if not allowed to create doubt. We would have heard about all evidence at least attempted to be submitted if it was legit.

When? How? You'd Think any evidence would have been leaked if not allowed to create doubt. We would have heard about all evidence at least attempted to be submitted if it was legit.
My source says it is there. He said this trial was the prosecution trying to prove the schools were defrauded and that later Townsend and Self will be called to testify in a future trial.

Reactions: Watson2Coleman
My source says it is there. He said this trial was the prosecution trying to prove the schools were defrauded and that later Townsend and Self will be called to testify in a future trial.

The other trials from the outside have nothing to do with KU though? They are for Dawkins associates pushing players to sign with certain agents and assistants from Oklahoma State, Arizona, and Auburn for their roles in these pay for play schemes and agents.

The other trials from the outside have nothing to do with KU though? They are for Dawkins associates pushing players to sign with certain agents and assistants from Oklahoma State, Arizona, and Auburn for their roles in these pay for play schemes and agents.
Just wait. More is coming out. You and I both know Townsend is dirty. He does work for Self.

Reactions: Watson2Coleman
Just wait. More is coming out. You and I both know Townsend is dirty. He does work for Self.

So Self and Townsend are both going to be on trial in the future now? Going to be called to testify on stuff having nothing go do with KU? Is it going to be leaked to press?

Reactions: Hawkquake
Self will still be KU’s coach years from now and nothing with happen b

No sir, she stays away from trailer parks.
tenor.gif

Reactions: JC for 3
Self will survive, but if Kansas Fans dont think he is dirty, your heads are buried in the sand. He isnt known as Dollar Bill because it's a cute name. See Josh Jackson and Cliff Alexander as 2 recent examples.

Self will survive, but if Kansas Fans dont think he is dirty, your heads are buried in the sand. He isnt known as Dollar Bill because it's a cute name. See Josh Jackson and Cliff Alexander as 2 recent examples.
JJ's mom got money from Under Armor for an AAU team. That isn't anything new. See Bagley's dad getting paid by Nike. Cliff's mom took a loan against his future earnings from a bank after he was playing for KU. Self was pissed and benched him instantly. Jealous trolls like you call him Dollar Bill because just admitting KU is better is too hard for you.

I call him Dolla Bill.
Have for years.

I have also said SDS should be dunzo.
Have for months.

It legitimately only took
Not Being A Massive Homer
to see where this was headed.

I do not think Self gets canned.
I do not think they have Self on tape or text admitting things outright.
I do think KU loses the '18 Final Four.
I do think there's a possibility I'm wrong about any or all of those.

Self will survive. The only way he leaves is if he gets sick of the NCAA and goes to the league. The last thing any top 25-50 program wants is for the NCAA to start looking into their business with shoe companies. Because if they did, the whole house of cards will tumble.
That is what bothers me. The odds are pretty good that most of the big names do the exact same thing.

1. Self is/was on that commission that is looking to clean up college basketball.
2. He sat Preston out as soon as he thought anything was fishy tied to him.
3. He sat Cliff out as soon as he saw the problem with his mothers car.

My point is that college ball is at a point where it is next to impossible to keep it as clean ideal. Instead of going after the schools go after the agents and shoe companies that are the real corrupting influences and the ones passing out the monies. The NCAA also has to get on board with the rest of the world when it comes to amateurism.

I call him Dolla Bill.
Have for years.

I have also said SDS should be dunzo.
Have for months.

It legitimately only took
Not Being A Massive Homer
to see where this was headed.

I do not think Self gets canned.
I do not think they have Self on tape or text admitting things outright.
I do think KU loses the '18 Final Four.
I do think there's a possibility I'm wrong about any or all of those.

UltimatePartialAmbushbug-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: KisteK
No animosity towards Bill Self, but I wish I could fast forward a couple years for the sake of enjoying college basketball again. Knowing that the most of the Blue Bloods (no matter how many fans choose to live in a shameful state of denial) have been at some level involved in completely making a farce of recruiting in college basketball, makes the sport much less fun to follow. JMO. The faster it gets cleaned up to a reasonable standard, the better for it eill be for everyone.

No animosity towards Bill Self, but I wish I could fast forward a couple years for the sake of enjoying college basketball again. Knowing that the most of the Blue Bloods (no matter how many fans choose to live in a shameful state of denial) have been at some level involved in completely making a farce of recruiting in college basketball, makes the sport much less fun to follow. JMO. The faster it gets cleaned up to a reasonable standard, the better for it eill be for everyone.

Every school cheats somehow. If they don’t ... they’ll lose... a lot

ADVERTISEMENT