ADVERTISEMENT

How did so many pundits miss on Michigan?

Aberdale

Dec 29, 2019
This team is terrible and they were…. what preseason top 5 in every poll, ahead of Purdue in most cases?

how did the media gauge Michigan so badly?

Pretty sure @hailtoyourvictor said they were underrated in the preseason too LOL

DishonestPeriodicEasternnewt-size_restricted.gif

They returned good players and added a few good players.

Looks like Wagner is a lot better than people thought he was also.

1) As a fellow fan whose team was hyped preseason, is currently underperforming and has a lot of talent, I find it necessary to point out Michigan might be ranked in the top 10 again on Selection Sunday. There is plenty of time to figure things out.

2) As for the actual question, I think people were enamored with the idea Howard had an instant juggernaut on his hands, especially considering they weren’t even picked top four last year and weren’t great in 2019-20. The idea he’d immediately reload with such a crazy good class and keep the momentum going was appealing and pretty easy to buy into.

Reactions: cdbearde
Coaching young teams sucks sometimes. Just ask Penny how he likes it.

Pretty sure in the pre-season basically all of the national talking heads picked them to be in the FF. Not that it can't happen, but I would say at this point it's a longshot.

Many were expecting DeVante' Jones to be more impactful... and Caleb Houstan has been massively disappointing thus far.

Also, Michigan has exceeded preseason expectations the past 4 seasons or so. When you win the Big Ten, go to the Elite 8, bring in two 5-star kids, and return a 2nd Team All-American, it's not surprising that many saw UM as top-tier team.

Just happy we canceled are game with them so we could save ourselves the embarrassment of losing to such a juggernaut

Calipari has really dialed down y’all’s schedule, very soft schedule. Sagarin SOS for Kentucky is 349 right now 😳

• Wow
Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Wolverines just lost to the team picked last by pretty much everyone in the preseason at home

Not many saw this coming.

What happened to dude from last year who said it was Michigan and Baylor then everyone else? Hope he is alright. Enjoyed his work.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT