ADVERTISEMENT

How Confused Do You Think the Media is These Days?

KYtotheCore

Jan 5, 2010
Anytown, USA
All these years their (ESPN et al) carnival barking to build a Duke Superiority agenda . . . but now that they actually are overwhelmingly superior, do you think they must feel like idiots now that they know what actual superiority is? I'd feel so foolish if I was Bilas, Williams, Vitale, etc looking back at the claims I tried to get everyone to believe about them in the past now that this class has arrived. Do you think there's a level of embarrassment on the media's part or is there just simply no shame whatsoever?

Even this morning, Richard Jefferson was on Mike & Mike (or whatever the devil it's called now) and he said while the discussion was about Duke - and I quote - "This team has my respect, and I hate what they stand . . ." and then he was interrupted, so he didn't finish the statement.

I guess they feel like the teams 4-5 years ago were just as good since there hasn't been any retractions or backpedaling (which I feel frankly is a slap in the face to these frosh).

They also said that Barrett is the best player on the team, but he's second to Williamson in America, and that Barrett hears all of that. They said a GM might be crazy to pass on Williamson with the first pick.

Anyway . . . damn it's cold here today.

Last edited:
All these years their (ESPN et al) carnival barking to build a Duke Superiority agenda . . . but now that they actually are overwhelmingly superior, do you think they must feel like idiots now that they know what actual superiority is? I'd feel so foolish if I was Bilas, Williams, Vitale, etc looking back at the claims I tried to get everyone to believe about them in the past now that this class has arrived. Do you think there's a level of embarrassment on the media's part or is there just simply no shame whatsoever?

Even this morning, Richard Jefferson was on Mike & Mike (or whatever the devil it's called now) and he said while the discussion was about Duke - and I quote - "This team has my respect, and I hate what they stand . . ." and then he was interrupted, so he didn't finish the statement.

I guess they feel like the teams 4-5 years ago were just as good since there hasn't been any retractions or backpedaling (which I feel frankly is a slap in the face to these frosh).

They also said that Barrett is the best player on the team, but he's second to Williamson in America, and that Barrett hears all of that. They said a GM might be crazy to pass on Williamson with the first pick.

Anyway . . . damn it's cold here today.
Not sure what you said.

Pick a sports channel/station/article. You'll quickly understand. Hope you're not interested to hear about any other teams though.
Nonsense. I’m 90% sure that if I turned on any sports channel or clicked on ESPN.com right now they would be talking about Tom Brady or LeBron James.

If you mean that Duke is all they talk about in their 10 minutes a day of coverage they allow for CBB then I believe you.

Op you sound like you’re a little jealous of Duke right now.
ZkjPhgo.jpg

Pick a sports channel/station/article. You'll quickly understand. Hope you're not interested to hear about any other teams though.
You’re a much better poster than this. Something has you really worked up, not really sure what?

WTF keeps starting all these duke threads.
I get that it seems a bit overwhelming, but I'm surprised that the media folks don't mention KU, UNC etc. It's far and away Zion. I mean he is impressive, but why is your team being ignored, or UNC, etc. Could just be me, but I'm just not seeing/hearing much of anyone else.

You’re a much better poster than this. Something has you really worked up, not really sure what?
Thanks. I'm not really worked up, just amazed at the TOTAL dedication to one team. They're good, I get it but I'd like to hear a more robust coverage of CBB in general. It seems like they're dismissing the whole season.

Reactions: rockycard
The OPie is right imo. There are a ton of interesting teams, one of which is Duke. I'd like to hear ESPN talk about the Iowa/Oregon game, but I'll most likely get to hear how amazing Zion is instead. It's why I don't watch ESPN, unless there's an actual game on. ESPN is worthless if you are a college basketball fan.

For some reason pumping up one team, and deifying them is great for ratings...I don't really understand that.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
ADVERTISEMENT