ADVERTISEMENT

How confident are you all that your team can win it all?

Kentucky has a pretty good women's volleyball team.
They had a decent track program but Texas took their coach. Don't know if it is still up there.

Their entire athletic program has taken a step up across the board recently.
So there is some respect there for Kentucky

But....
Think Jeff Goodman has them triggered

That's pretty easy to do.

The difference between Gonzaga and Villanova to me is the core of each program

Both can be very efficient offenses and do a lot of things that make life tough

But...
Villanova can be a scrappy team on the defensive team. Still a Big East team especially one from Philadelphia.

Still remember the game that pretty much ended Ben Howland's run at UCLA. Was a Heavyweight vs a lightweight. The Bruins didn't want to get physical with Jay Wright's team.

Sounds like Grant-Foster is turning it up. Looking forward to watching him teabag Gonzaga.

Yesterday, he got on a roll [like] we haven’t had anybody get on a roll here maybe in years in practice," Self said.

He just scored the ball; [he] makes hard shots, gets real baskets," Self continued. "We haven’t had somebody that could go get their own like he can, when he’s good, in a long time. We’ve also had guys that could go get their own better than Tyon can if Tyon’s not good. So we’ve just got to figure out 'good Tyon' and certainly get him to be more consistent.”

After Self's initial comment about Wednesday's practice, Grant-Foster became a popular topic of conversation for the rest of the interview session — both with Self and players. One of those players, redshirt-senior Mitch Lightfoot, was asked how Grant-Foster's playing style compared to another notable Kansas one-and-done: Josh Jackson.
"He doesn’t get enough credit for this, but he can definitely block shots, affect shots around the rim and get in there and offensively rebound," Lightfoot said, "which is something we’ve applauded him for."

“It’s pretty special,” Lightfoot said. “I’ve played with a lot of really good players here. That scoring is kind of different. Guys I’ve played with, they [could] really score the ball. But he scores in such a different way.”

“He brings something to the table that I haven’t seen since I’ve been with coach Self,” Teahan added. “He’s just like a lanky athlete that can get his shot off no matter what. He’ll have two people draped all over him and all of a sudden he’ll step back and rise up and you’ll be like, ‘No way he gets that shot off.’ And it’ll go in. It almost seems like the more contested his shots are the better they are."

Have to be cautiously optimistic when you lose your top two players (by far).

I’m still mad about the tourney being cancelled. I think Self would have won #2. That team could absolutely lock down defensively when needed. I think they held WV scoreless for the last 10 minutes in Morgantown.

I do think this team will shoot better than last year and will have good depth. The player I’ve been worried about is McCormack, but Self’s been raving about him. He expects a big year for him.
You are worrried about McCormack?
That dude is going to go off this year.

our offense will take a minute but we will be a great offense once everyone settles into their role. We know how early college basketball can be

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I don't much about Kentucky or Duke

But I do know Kansas has a big piece to replace. Had an article about Big 12 coaches speaking their mind anonymously and one said they thought Azubuike was the most unguardable player he ever saw in college

man I agree. Dok was such a force. Shame he wasn’t born in shaqs era. Shaqs probably a bit more athletic but thosemight be the two most powerful big men I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: KisteK
man I agree. Dok was such a force. Shame he wasn’t born in shaqs era. Shaqs probably a bit more athletic but thosemight be the two most powerful big men I’ve ever seen.

True.

There are other things that helped KU but when it came time.
He was the easiest way to score points in the conference

In a conference where points are a premium that is important
Big 12 is playing games in the 50's and 60's and not the 70's and 80's.
That will not change this year

You are worrried about McCormack?
That dude is going to go off this year.

our offense will take a minute but we will be a great offense once everyone settles into their role. We know how early college basketball can be

Still confident about McCormack?

Self generally doesn’t heap undeserved praise on players, so I’m sure he’ll have much better days, but this was pretty brutal.

I’m confident that he can be a scorer. But what the team needs is a rim protector and rebounder who doesn’t turn it over.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Not confident at all.

Need a legit facilitator at the 1 and a big that can give Kansas 30min of D..

I'd be stoked with an E8

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Not confident at all.

Need a legit facilitator at the 1 and a big that can give Kansas 30min of D..

I'd be stoked with an E8

To be honest, I thought they looked worse in the first game last year. I think it's too early to draw many conclusions.

Dave's D is definitely a concern though.

This is the most talent in terms of recruiting service metrics Chris Beard has had in Lubbock. McClung and Santos have absolutely been additions so far.

They played great defense for stretches today. So the potential is there for a run. But we have to see what happens when we play Houston, St Johns, LSU, and the Big 12.

Reactions: redraider1212
Man I needed the cover over ncstate smdh. Nice win though, that’s all that matters. ACC football < SEC basketball. Sans clemson its just been a dumpster fire from top to bottom for a while now.

Man I needed the cover over ncstate smdh. Nice win though, that’s all that matters. ACC football < SEC basketball. Sans clemson its just been a dumpster fire from top to bottom for a while now.
Clemson obv sucks too, they just smack around other ACC teams. UNC will beat way overrated TAMU though.

I guess this year you could argue that sure. But the last few have been the same way even with a full slate of OOC games, as far as the acc sucking except Clemson.

But their cfp record has to speak for itself at some point.

I guess this year you could argue that sure. But the last few have been the same way even with a full slate of OOC games, as far as the acc sucking except Clemson.

But their cfp record has to speak for itself at some point.
I am talking about this year, not living in the past. 😁

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Kentucky has a pretty good women's volleyball team.
They had a decent track program but Texas took their coach. Don't know if it is still up there.

Their entire athletic program has taken a step up across the board recently.
So there is some respect there for Kentucky

But....
Think Jeff Goodman has them triggered
Better than Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT