ADVERTISEMENT

How bout those...

5thGenJayhawk

May 6, 2015
CHIEFSSSSSSSSS. That is all.

patrick-mahomes-chiefs-magic-super-bowl-2020.jpg

Glad to see them win, especially for Reid and Mahomes. Also always glad to see the 49ers lose. Being a Bengals fan (yes, it's rough), both Super Bowls they've been to resulted in losses to the 49ers. :mad:

KC fans deserved this. They’ve been extremely loyal throughout a lot of crushing postseason disappointments.

To consistently go one and done and lose in the manner in which they did, I wouldn’t have blamed fans if they stopped supporting the franchise. But, similar to when the Royals broke through, the failures make it that much sweeter.

The best part is, they should have a great chance to repeat.

Side note: Brutal halftime show and commercials (liked the Groundhog Day though). But Shakira is still smoking.

Okay, you need a lot of luck along the way, no question, but yesterday Mahomes won his first super bowl at just 24 years of age. You know who else won his first SB at age 24? Tom Brady.

I bet Mahomes gets at least 3. He’s a beast. Just very hard to win titles in the NFL. He’s got a chance to be special.

Congrats, Chiefs fans. Long overdue. I’m just hoping the Panthers can get me one before I die jumpingsmile

You better start planning on living to 110 at a minimum. I hate being a Panthers fan sometimes lol

Reactions: JimboBBN
Wth? The Panthers are uniting fanbases? Duke, UNC, Virginia... and now Kentucky? I thought all Kentucky fans supported the Bengals?

Reactions: JimboBBN
Wth? The Panthers are uniting fanbases? Duke, UNC, Virginia... and now Kentucky? I thought all Kentucky fans supported the Bengals?
Bengals fans are mostly northern Kentuckians. I would say most Kentuckians are Titans fans.

As an Eagles fan, really happy to see Andy Reid get his ring. Been long overdue.
Really wish LeSean McCoy would’ve been active & played.
The after show with the Kelce Brothers was pretty cool to watch also.

UVA fans make sense for me. And probably VT-Clemson-and USC Jr, too. Just never heard of a Kentucky native being a Panthers fan.
@hailtoyourvictor lives in Michigan, the furthest he’s ever been away from Michigan is the west part of Lake Michigan, and thinks the Big 10 is the best conference in the world. With all that said he’s a diehard Jacksonville Jaguars fan.

Some things make you go hmmm

Kentucky is a weird NFL state. The majority are Bengals fans but the Titans, Steelers, Colts, and Panthers do have a lot also. I guess it depends mainly which you are closer to(what TV shows).

UVA fans make sense for me. And probably VT-Clemson-and USC Jr, too. Just never heard of a Kentucky native being a Panthers fan.
Kentucky is a weird NFL state. The majority are Bengals fans but the Titans, Steelers, Colts, and Panthers do have a lot also. I guess it depends mainly which you are closer to(what TV shows).
Most of the fans I see around Louisville are Colts, Bengals, Titans, Cowboys, Steelers, and Packers. So either a local team or traditional great.

I have a weird reason for following the Panthers. When I was very young, they were the first team I watched on TV. I loved their uniform colors, and my brother and cousin who were with me at the time all decided we wanted big cats to be our team mascot. I picked the Panthers, my brother the Jags, and my cousin the Bengals. I don’t see many Panthers fans around here, not near as much as the other ones at least.

I know a lot of younger people(teens and 20's) are Panthers fans here in SEKY. I think a lot of that has to do with Cam Newton.

I can't tell if that's a Lions or Panthers dominant county in Nebraska and Idaho but neither makes sense at all.

That map is a little old, actually. Looks like it occurred during the rise of Cam Newton, so most likely the Panthers. Here is a more current map. My guess is that favorite teams that don't correspond to the appropriate geographic region, are likely to have a hometown player on the current team.

ADVERTISEMENT