ADVERTISEMENT

Horror Movies for Halloween

Sleeper: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Movie messed me up something awful when I was in middle school. I honestly found it to be more freaky than the original Exorcist. Went to a catholic school all the way up until 10th grade, so I was all into the religious aspect of these movies. Nothing scared me worse than a possessed little girl, thought it was something that could actually happen to me.

When the dude woke up in his dorm room and she was standing upside down staring at him I don’t think I slept for three days

This is one of my favorite Horror pieces. In honor of Tony Todd and the Candyman - one of the best! To be remade and released next summer. Screenplay for it written by Jordan Peele (Get Out, Us).

Handmade piece from an Horror artist in the UK.

40363-EAD-7-BFE-4-DA5-A5-BB-0-EBB30051132.jpg
BlandGloomyAntelopegroundsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

It Comes At Night at The Ritual are both money

Yeah, I really liked The Ritual.

This is one of my favorite Horror pieces. In honor of Tony Todd and the Candyman - one of the best! To be remade and released next summer. Screenplay for it written by Jordan Peele (Get Out, Us).

Yes, that is the kind of stuff I had in my house when I was single. The wife wasn't all about it though so I sold it all, lol. I'm a big fan of Peele. His comedy was great and his movies are as well. I love Get Out and Keanu (though it's not horror) and thought Us was ok. I really want to see The Twilight Zone stuff but haven't started it yet.

Damn man that’s awesome! I collect a lot of the horror NECA figures. I’m in the Smoky Mountains now and over at a place called The Island they have a store called “Kryptonite” that has all kinds things from Marvel to DC Universe to horror figures to anything else you can think of.

Reactions: 500HP_Devil
Not gonna lie, I don’t really **** with the new IT movies. There’s way too much CGI for my taste, and the character development was way weaker than the miniseries and the book.

Not gonna lie, I don’t really **** with the new IT movies. There’s way too much CGI for my taste, and the character development was way weaker than the miniseries and the book.
I tried multiple times to make it through the first IT (new movies). I couldn't. I of course didn't try the 2nd one.

Reactions: UL_1986

All of the attempts at 'It' suck. None of them have been worth a damn.

Storm of the Century miniseries is better than the It miniseries imo.

Storm of the Century was pretty fun.

I am hoping the 'The Stand' series on CBS All Access is good. It looks promising.

Anybody seen Carnival Of Souls?

Low-budget flick by a Lawrence filmmaker that's gotten quite a bit of acclaim over the years.

Storm of the Century miniseries is better than the It miniseries imo.
I loved the storm of the century miniseries. Was excellent imo. IT miniseries is on par with The Stand for me. I loved both, but mostly for nostalgic reasons. If you rewatch each, which I have recently...lol it’s corny asf. Still love it though,’idk.

All of the attempts at 'It' suck. None of them have been worth a damn.

Storm of the Century was pretty fun.

I am hoping the 'The Stand' series on CBS All Access is good. It looks promising.
Wait, they’re doing a series for the Stand? I remember talks of a movie, but I haven’t heard of this one?

Btw, I watched Halloween 2 last night. Forgot how good that one was. Might be as good as the original. I love how they blend into eachother...though the second one wasn’t released until 3 years later.

I’ve wanted to check it out. Did you see it?

I collect Criterion movies, so I have a copy. I didn't even know that it was made by a local filmmaker until I noticed some footage of Mass St (although it looked a lot different in '62).

It's a well-made movie within the budget constraints. Kind of like a lost episode of Twilight Zone.

Btw, I watched Halloween 2 last night. Forgot how good that one was. Might be as good as the original. I love how they blend into eachother...though the second one wasn’t released until 3 years later.

Yea I kinda look at them as one long movie even though they aren’t. I love both!

Not horror related but while I was in the Smoky Mountains this weekend I drove by Cooters Garage and Tom Wopat was there doing autographs. You Dukes of Hazzard fans know this but for those of you not familiar with the show he was Luke Duke.

Anybody remember Tales From the Crypt? The opening where the skeleton popped out of the casket and laughed/screamed always scared the shit out of me.

The old movie? It’s not bad.

The series was great. There are some seriously awesome episodes of that show.

Never saw the movie, I was referring to the series. I watched it as a kid. Had some freaky episodes.

Got high the other night and watched the episode where Christopher Reeve has a diner that only serves squid and he’s hurting for business. His janitor, Judd Nelson, starts butchering people and serving the meat and overnight it turns into the hottest steakhouse in town. Then of course shit goes awry. Classic. Some great humor.

Watched Annabelle: Creation last night. First time I saw this piece of the Conjuring universe. Like all the other movies, it was fantastic, and had me noticeably more jumpy than most other horror movies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT