ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier fans- What can we expect from Justin Smith?

JunkyardHawg

Apr 7, 2004
Looks freakishly athletic but doesn't appear to be a great shooter.
His commit came totally out of the blue as we thought our roster was set.

Is he a four who thinks he's a three? How are his handles? Can he play in the paint? Back to the basket?

Love the add, not sure how he fits. We've got 6-7 guys that shoot above 35 percent from outside so curious to what Muss told him his role would be.

Thanks for any feedback and sorry our series ended this year. Much respect for your program.

Is he a four who thinks he's a three? How are his handles? Can he play in the paint? Back to the basket?

Love the add, not sure how he fits. We've got 6-7 guys that shoot above 35 percent from outside so curious to what Muss told him his role would be.

Thanks for any feedback and sorry our series ended this year. Much respect for your program.

He didn't go to Arkansas to play in the paint, otherwise he would have stayed at Indiana

He will not shoot above 35%. His handle is suspect and just simply is not the wing he really wants to be.

I liked Justin. He is very smart and he wanted something different, based on his pro feedback, than Archie was going to give him.

I live out in Reno and was a season ticket holder for the Nevada team that made it to the Sweet 16 in 2018. Was sad to see Muss go, he really was a great personality in Reno.

He didn't go to Arkansas to play in the paint, otherwise he would have stayed at Indiana

He will not shoot above 35%. His handle is suspect and just simply is not the wing he really wants to be.

I liked Justin. He is very smart and he wanted something different, based on his pro feedback, than Archie was going to give him.

I live out in Reno and was a season ticket holder for the Nevada team that made it to the Sweet 16 in 2018. Was sad to see Muss go, he really was a great personality in Reno.

I was in Nashville in -person for the Nevada come-back vs Cincy in the second round that year of the tourney...

Reactions: klize17
His pluses are rebounding and athleticism. He’s an undersized quick 4 who wants to be a 3, a tale as old as Kevin Durant. He can be a great addition if he does what he’s good at, unfortunately it sounds like he wants to be what he isn’t.

giphy.gif

You guys seemingly played us 40 times the past few years....You are getting that guy.

His pluses are rebounding and athleticism. He’s an undersized quick 4 who wants to be a 3, a tale as old as Kevin Durant. He can be a great addition if he does what he’s good at, unfortunately it sounds like he wants to be what he isn’t.

I always laugh thinking in hindsight over the public outcry that “STEPH CURRY RUINED YOUTH BASKETBALL”. When in reality, I think KD ended up doing a lot more damage.

Reactions: WojoRising
I always laugh thinking in hindsight over the public outcry that “STEPH CURRY RUINED YOUTH BASKETBALL”. When in reality, I think KD ended up doing a lot more damage.
100%. The emergence of KD really did change the game forever. So much talent has been wasted as a result of trying to recreate that mold.

Reactions: Hank_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT