ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmm. Ole Roy struggles with explanations

I feel like this is a pretty good job of saying the right things in an interview. Roy had more sets for Little than any freshman I can remember and he had freedom to do what he wanted. He played upperclassmen over him because they were better than him. That was what he should have done. Dude still got plenty of minutes and had the green light to do what he wanted.

I feel like this is a pretty good job of saying the right things in an interview. Roy had more sets for Little than any freshman I can remember and he had freedom to do what he wanted. He played upperclassmen over him because they were better than him. That was what he should have done. Dude still got plenty of minutes and had the green light to do what he wanted.
While I agree with what you said. IMO Little should’ve started over Brooks. Then again, I’m not a Hall of game coach with 3 National Championships.

Reactions: shun1
While I agree with what you said. IMO Little should’ve started over Brooks. Then again, I’m not a Hall of game coach with 3 National Championships.

Maybe so. There were times I wanted him starting over Brooks. I'm not a big Brooks fan tbh. There were other times where he was so bad on both sides I didn't. Later in the year I would agree but it is tough at that point to change things, especially with a team that got along so well. I just don't think starting matters as much as minutes and what you are allowed to do with those minutes. Little had way more freedom than Brooks did.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Really

Well duhhhh, Roy’s plan was obviously to try his best to turn another OAD into a 4-year player.

Yup, looks like he failed with Coby White too. Cal may wanna take a similar approach if he ever wants another title. He’s gonna be stuck on 1 for a while. Winking

Reactions: 7heels
But yet you UNc fans seem to always have an opinion on the way K handles kids and he has 5 rings.

Our opinions obviously struck a nerve and since it has we will continue to do just that. K must appreciate you defending his honor. Laughing

I’m a big fan of his personality. I’ll be pulling for him for sure.

Lots of entertainment value in watching the UNc fans backpedal and try to explain Little's comments since they have been talking smack to Duke and UK fans for quite a few years regarding OAD's and how coaches handle players.

THR is very amusing. And as I mentioned, most are saying it is a Little issue and not a Roy issue.

Lots of entertainment value in watching the UNc fans backpedal and try to explain Little's comments since they have been talking smack to Duke and UK fans for quite a few years regarding OAD's and how coaches handle players.

THR is very amusing. And as I mentioned, most are saying it is a Little issue and not a Roy issue.

Why don’t you go to THR and voice your opinions. THR is the just like DI, straight terrible.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The kid is doing exactly what he should do, give potential reasons that his year wasn't as good as he would have liked in order to raise his stock. Who cares?

We know what the next chapter of negative recruiting against UNC will be.

Recruits won't know the context or him trying to get his stock up. They'll just look at the numbers, hear what the coaches are saying and read the statement.

We know what the next chapter of negative recruiting against UNC will be.

Recruits won't know the context or him trying to get his stock up. They'll just look at the numbers, hear what the coaches are saying and read the statement.
Essentially 10 and 5 in 18 MPG is actually pretty solid for a guy with an average at best handle and limited range/consistency on his jumper.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Since when does anyone around here give a damn about context? Read the headline, make your own conclusions and roll with it.

No doubt. People probably would say Reddish is bagging on Zion and RJ. Hell, I’m sure some UNC fans are saying it. I truth he is staying his case for himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT