High school girls basketball team loses game 102-0

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
I had a buddy of mine coach the girls team at a private school and they got beat something like that once. The other team pressed the entire game. It was pretty ridiculous. He ended up coaching the boys team later on and winning a state title but I'll never forget the controversy around that other game.

USMC Cat

Jun 24, 2009
Part of me feels bad, especially when I read this:

One of the sophomores had to leave the game in the second half after twisting her ankle, leaving Brockton with four players.

On the other hand, you put on a uniform to compete. Don't get mad because the other team competed better.

speedfrk

Oct 8, 2003
Boston
Team
Florida State
Part of me feels bad, especially when I read this:

One of the sophomores had to leave the game in the second half after twisting her ankle, leaving Brockton with four players.

On the other hand, you put on a uniform to compete. Don't get mad because the other team competed better.
True. But at what point does some level of sportsmanship come in to play?

Reactions: Dirt Road Boiler

bkingUK

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2007
I don't know.... I played on some really good teams where the only time the guys on the bench got to play was a blowout...I can see not pressing...but you can't tell you players to not give 100%.

pig1960

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2010
I'd imagine a coach could think of 100 things he could do in that situation that could be useful to his team in the future. I mean a coach with a sense of sportsmanship and imagination.