ADVERTISEMENT

Hi, I’m Altmin. What is your Final Four?

AltminIC

Oct 6, 2018
What up world! It ya boy Altmin. Here is my Final Four.

Duke
UK
Kansas
Michigan St

What is your Final Four yo?

To all you playa haters, I’m brushing you off until you post your FF.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
Here's my way-too-early Elite 8:

#1 Kansas > #3 Oregon
#3 Nevada > #4 Florida State
#1 Duke > #2 Kentucky
#1 Gonzaga > #6 LSU

Not sure who my other #1 seed who be, maybe Tennessee.

Virginia
UNC
Kentucky
TCU*
I do have massive questions about each, tho.
*almost always a preseason "sleeper"

One of these is not like the others, one of these does not belong.
Torvik projects: AdjO/AdjD
West Virginia 10/16
Kansas 2/3
Kentucky 5/22
Gonzaga 6/10

Seems like poster's picks are right around where they'd need to be.
Mine are worse.. lol

I just ain't buying West Virginia as a contender with the loss of that backcourt.

But, crazier things have happened. I seem to remember (and I might be wrong) that both Wake Forest and Utah got better the year after they lost Duncan and Van Horn respectively.

Reactions: freddietee511
I just ain't buying West Virginia as a contender with the loss of that backcourt.

But, crazier things have happened. I seem to remember (and I might be wrong) that both Wake Forest and Utah got better the year after they lost Duncan and Van Horn respectively.

Utah, yes. They made the NCAA Finals the year after Van Horn. They still had a lot of talent with Andre Miller, Doleac, and Mottola... Wake Forest, not so much. They were an NIT the next year.

Georgia Tech is a pretty good example, I believe. They were an NIT team with Chris Bosh in 2003; the following year they made it all the way to the NCAA Title game.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
West Virginia
Kansas
Kentucky
Gonzaga
WVA has to replace two guards that played together a long time. They haven't proven that they can beat KU. To go out on a far thin limb I will say that K-State returns to the elite 8 and then to the FF. Gonzaga's plus or minus is that they do not play in a "ball busting" conference.

Will you guys stop making this thread into something worthwhile please?! Don't ruin AltminIC's thread!

My final four is

Kansas (1)
Kentucky (1)
Nevada (4)
West Virginia (9)

Obviously not the four best teams. The Final Four has had a 7+ seed in it for the past 5 years at least. This year I don’t really see it being West Virginia but no one really knows who it will be until April.

The reason I have West Virginia as a 9 seed is because I think they are overrated right now. They still will be dangerous but not as good as last year.

Last edited:
love my UNC TAR HEELS !

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

WVA has to replace two guards that played together a long time. They haven't proven that they can beat KU. To go out on a far thin limb I will say that K-State returns to the elite 8 and then to the FF. Gonzaga's plus or minus is that they do not play in a "ball busting" conference.

thanks holmes.

The issue with WV is who will be the pit bull in the press.
The guy shut down almost every guard he came up against and allowed WV to get easy baskets.
This forced teams to play faster than they wanted which led to Konate blocking shots on the other end or turnovers.

Until WV proves they can continue to play defense at that level in the backcourt they are at best a Sweet 16 team.

Only Big XII teams that are any more are the two Kansas schools.

Iowa St
TCU
Texas
WVU

All are at the same level. They can ultimately make a run but as of right now they are First round to Sweet 16 teams

My Final 4
Nevada
Kansas
Duke
Purdue

ADVERTISEMENT