ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Tennessee Fans:

CUJO_1970

Sep 9, 2013
Atlanta
Team
Kentucky
Now do you understand the SEC Tourney doesn’t mean jack to the NCAA Selection Committee? Kentucky been dealing with this bull crap for years, welcome to the club. Yes, you should have gotten a 2 seed.

aTm got screwed so bad, even worse than y’all.

This 3 seed I just no habla.

Now I haven't put in a lot of time on the resumes but these dudes beat AZ and UK twice, and they literally have 0 bad losses. Like, none. Unless you wanna look at the game vs NOVA but that was still a T10 opponent and it was real early in the year.

You just can't justify Duke getting the 2 seed over TN unless there's something going on that I'm totally missing.

Now I haven't put in a lot of time on the resumes but these dudes beat AZ and UK twice, and they literally have 0 bad losses. Like, none. Unless you wanna look at the game vs NOVA but that was still a T10 opponent and it was real early in the year.

You just can't justify Duke getting the 2 seed over TN unless there's something going on that I'm totally missing.
Yeah and that something is cheating.

Sh*t happens. So bring on whoever!

giphy.gif

Zona will be chomping at the bit for that rematch too.

Their starting lineup had 23 fouls combined in the game in knoxville. 3 foul outs and 2 with 4. Tennessee and Zona are imo the two best teams in the country right now. I think they both got screwed. Nova is playing well also.

The SEC really needs to move the finals to saturday. But other than auburn dropping off the 1 line it feels like none of it mattered.

Zona will be chomping at the bit for that rematch too.

Their starting lineup had 23 fouls combined in the game in knoxville. 3 foul outs and 2 with 4. Tennessee and Zona are imo the two best teams in the country right now. I think they both got screwed. Nova is playing well also.

The SEC really needs to move the finals to saturday. But other than auburn dropping off the 1 line it feels like none of it mattered.
Y'all were chomping at the bit for the rematch too, bring em.

Reactions: mikeinknoxville
Lots of previous matchups in that region:

Zona vs Illinois
Zona vs Vols
Nova vs Vols

Y'all were chomping at the bit for the rematch too, bring em.

true. look. i’m a believer in tennessee. i said on HoB before the tourney we were losing that one.

Zona is a better team than kentucky though. it’s going to be a tough match if it happens.

Def would love Zona vs Illinois and Vols vs Nova- would be a couple of great games..
I'm really pissed about the seeding. I wish they had seeded UT against Zona, Baylor, KU and then Zaga for our first four tourney games. We are 4-1 vs the current top 5 and I doubt any other team can make that claim. Regardless, I'm ready to kick ass. (anyone, just bring em)

true. look. i’m a believer in tennessee. i said on HoB before the tourney we were losing that one.

Zona is a better team than kentucky though. it’s going to be a tough match if it happens.
I believe you. Uk and UT both have great teams.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Duke is over seeded and certainly shouldn't be ahead of Tennessee. Tennessee has other gripes as well. Like Kentucky and maybe even Auburn. Not sure what the committee has against Tennessee.

Not sure what all the Duke haters are mad about. There is hardly a difference between a 3 seed and a 2. Duke gets sent out west where they will die. And the higher they are seeded, the more y'all get to play the "Duke choked" card when they don't make it out if the first weekend.

Duke is over seeded and certainly shouldn't be ahead of Tennessee. Tennessee has other gripes as well. Like Kentucky and maybe even Auburn. Not sure what the committee has against Tennessee.
In the end it's not a big deal and they still avoid a possible match-up with the 1 seed until the Elite Eight, but it's just the principle of it. I don't see how anyone can crunch those numbers and come up with Duke over UT.

Not sure what all the Duke haters are mad about. There is hardly a difference between a 3 seed and a 2. Duke gets sent out west where they will die. And the higher they are seeded, the more y'all get to play the "Duke choked" card when they don't make it out if the first weekend.
Sort of yes and sort of no.

Maybe someone more obsessed than me can point to actual numbers, but I think 2 generally has it easier because 1) there is usually a difference between 15 and 14 seeds for the first game. Maybe not much and both should easily get through, but 2) The second round game has the potential to be much easier. The 7/10 matchup generally has much more upsets than the 6/11. So often times what you see is a 2 seed playing a 10 seed while the 3 is playing a 6. Again, if you’re good enough as a 2 or 3 you should be able to handle your business regardless, but it’s not quite the same.

Outside of that, rightly or wrongly, it feeds into the preconceived notion that Duke generally gets a sweetheart seed. Maybe not every year, but it’s hard to argue they didn’t this time. Their total body of work just wasn’t good enough to warrant it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, I have no prejudice against Duke as I haven't called them out in particular. I have angst against all the #2 seeds and Baylor as I see the Vols over all of them. Actually, I no axe to grind against any school just the dumbass selection committee. Their metrics are nothing but, "yeah, I have always liked team X, let's make them a #2 seed."

However, all of y'all's teams are officially being put on notice, get in the Vols way and get crushed!

Well, I have no prejudice against Duke as I haven't called them out in particular. I have angst against all the #2 seeds and Baylor as I see the Vols over all of them. Actually, I no axe to grind against any school just the dumbass selection committee. Their metrics are nothing but, "yeah, I have always liked team X, let's make them a #2 seed."

However, all of y'all's teams are officially being put on notice, get in the Vols way and get crushed!

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I don't even know why he was blabbering about Wisconsin, they're also a 3 seed. 😆 Should've asked him specifically why Duke was a 2 seed over Tennessee.

The committee cooks into their numbers the idea that the B1G was the strongest conference, therefor, all the conference games were of higher quality than Tennessee's conference wins. Based on that assumption you get the results they spit out.

Same way with the Big 12. Baylor and Kansas being 1 seeds. They ASSUMED that the Big 12 was best and cooked it into their selections. Facts don't matter when you start with cooked in bias.

Apparently the selection committee either are a collection of dumb jocks or very biased folks who favor certain conferences. This year is not the first time the NCAA has done it, it is the common practice.

ADVERTISEMENT