ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Nova/Syracuse fans....

Not shocking, average high major talent with poor measurables, got recruited over, not quick enough or a good enough defender to play PG at Kentucky.

Wish him well, but I think he’s smart to transfer. He will play a lot more elsewhere.

Reactions: KisteK and JC for 3
It had been rumored, but The Athletic broke it.

Final decision expected today

Someone catch me up on this rule. If Green transfers, does he have to sit out only half of next season?

Regardless, wish the kid nothing but the best. Between Hagans and Quickly, he's probably the third best PG we have on the team. Thanks for your time and commitment, Quade.

Someone catch me up on this rule. If Green transfers, does he have to sit out only half of next season?

Regardless, wish the kid nothing but the best. Between Hagans and Quickly, he's probably the third best PG we have on the team. Thanks for your time and commitment, Quade.

Yes, he would be able to play 2nd semester next season

He'll be able to play the second semester of the 2019-2020 season. Transferring mid-season has got to be a tough move because you lose two semesters of basketball, while simultaneously having the clock on your eligibility continue to tick. Essentially you're playing 3 years of basketball in a 4-year span.

He'll be able to play the second semester of the 2019-2020 season. Transferring mid-season has got to be a tough move because you lose two semesters of basketball, while simultaneously having the clock on your eligibility continue to tick. Essentially you're playing 3 years of basketball in a 4-year span.
So he can't transfer mid season and come in next season as a sophomore?

Nope. While he's sitting out a full year, split over two years, he's playing too many games in each of those years for a redshirt.

Reactions: PHXDukie

Nope. He'll be a junior next year. Your sophomore year can't be shared by playing for two different schools. Conner Frankamp stayed at KU during the Fall of 2014, but elected not to play in the fall and he transferred to Wichita State in December of 2014. By doing this, he was able to retain his sophomore year of eligibility. Had he played just one game he would have started his playing career at Wichita State as a junior.

LOL, I posted on here after last season that this guy should definitely transfer and I was met with lots of scoff from KY fans.

Green is an idiot for even sticking around this year. Anyone with half a brain could've seen that he was going to be recruited over his entire career at KY.

Nope. He'll be a junior next year. Your sophomore year can't be shared by playing for two different schools. Conner Frankamp stayed at KU during the Fall of 2014, but elected not to play in the fall and he transferred to Wichita State in December of 2014. By doing this, he was able to retain his sophomore year of eligibility. Had he played just one game he would have started his playing career at Wichita State as a junior.

Basically, you can’t be a double sophomore at two programs.

Don’t like this much. Quickley, Hagans, and Herro aren’t good enough to process a more experienced upperclassmen with solid talent.

He might not be happy but he should’ve played more in the last two games..god knows he’d have some clue what to do with 8 seconds left down 1 unlike Hagans

BBN, if I recall correctly, Cal wanted a package deal with him and Mo Bamba, right?

Does Brad Calipari remove his redshirt?

All joking aside, that loss has to hurt a little, right? Even with his role and minutes being cut, he was still one of their most consistent outside threats and most experienced backcourt player.

Does Brad Calipari remove his redshirt?

All joking aside, that loss has to hurt a little, right? Even with his role and minutes being cut, he was still one of their most consistent outside threats and most experienced backcourt player.

....doesn't matter when he was playing like he knows he's the odd man out.

BBN, if I recall correctly, Cal wanted a package deal with him and Mo Bamba, right?

Yupp, a lot of dudes in that class really liked Quade. Cal was holding out for Trae Young, but there was a lot of smoke that others didn’t want to play with him, and he ran the risk of coming up empty handed, so he took Green’s commitment - and probably ended up with Knox too because of it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Looks like Washington will be his next destination. Someone that was recruiting him a couple if years ago, is now an assist at U-dub.

Quade was fully expected to go to Syracuse until Calipari started showing interest, so I'd have to think, like the OP suggested, that it'll be down to Cuse and Nova, his hometown school. But don't count out Washington. I think he and Coach Hop had a great relationship when Hop was recruiting him at Syracuse. Syracuse would be a good fit though in that Frank Howard's graduating this year and his replacement, Jalen Carey, is more of a combo/shooting guard, so the two could very easily coexist in the same backcourt.

That being said, I'll see you all next month. I imagine Rivals will block me again for awhile since I just posted, lol!

Reactions: brooky03 and KisteK
Looks like Washington will be his next destination. Someone that was recruiting him a couple if years ago, is now an assist at U-dub.

Mike Hopkins, the current UW Head Coach, most likely. He was a longtime Syracuse assistant, and was there when Green was a senior in high school.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Quade was fully expected to go to Syracuse until Calipari started showing interest, so I'd have to think, like the OP suggested, that it'll be down to Cuse and Nova, his hometown school. But don't count out Washington. I think he and Coach Hop had a great relationship when Hop was recruiting him at Syracuse. Syracuse would be a good fit though in that Frank Howard's graduating this year and his replacement, Jalen Carey, is more of a combo/shooting guard, so the two could very easily coexist in the same backcourt.

That being said, I'll see you all next month. I imagine Rivals will block me again for awhile since I just posted, lol!

if goes to Cuse or Nova he's going to end up in the same position he's in right now, sitting on the bench behind more talented players. He needs to go to a mid major or low power conference team if he wants to play.

Reactions: kyjeff1
LOL, I posted on here after last season that this guy should definitely transfer and I was met with lots of scoff from KY fans.

Green is an idiot for even sticking around this year. Anyone with half a brain could've seen that he was going to be recruited over his entire career at KY.
This...I posted this in April. Cal lied to him till he got Hagans on board & by then, it was too late.
Players 1st program my ass.

This...I posted this in April. Cal lied to him till he got Hagans on board & by then, it was too late.
Players 1st program my ass.
So you were there, in the room, with Cal and Quade when Cal supposedly lied to Quade? You're a known liar, so I'm going to call bullsh!t on you.
Cal promises nothing, he's always said that. You get what you earn in practice.
That rule also applies at Nova and Syracuse.
You like to just make sh!t up don't you?

Reactions: JC for 3 and tw3301
So you were there, in the room, with Cal and Quade when Cal supposedly lied to Quade? You're a known liar, so I'm going to call bullsh!t on you.
Cal promises nothing, he's always said that. You get what you earn in practice.
That rule also applies at Nova and Syracuse.
You like to just make sh!t up don't you?
Nope... I said all of this in April

I love the "(insert coach here) lied" approach that so many dumb fans spew like they know wtf they're talking about. It's usually the bitter insecure fans that do this.

I love fans of the two biggest POS liars in the coaching business sticking up for each other.

Certainly none of the coaches are saints. But for as much as Roy likes to put on a show and let us know how down-to-earth and charming he is, please let us all know when K or Cal do any of the following:

-Inform security to eject a fan from Presbyterian College for yelling out, "Miss it Deon!"
-Leave his walkons on the court to fend for themselves before a court-storming as the rest of the UNC team heads for the locker room (game wasn't over when they left).
-Calls out a player from another school in his book for not following through on a silent verbal (Delvon Roe).

At least K and Cal have real wives

I'd rather invent a wife than admit to ****ing either of these "women"

coach+Mike+Krzyzewski+Carol+Marsh.jpg

John+Ellen+Interview.jpg

Reactions: UL_1986
Well consider their ages. You'd take the ol right hand over that??

I'm a lefty bitch. And Coach K and Coach Cal have enough money to be doing better than that. Now they might both have multiple sidepieces and, if so, I take back any negative comments

You leave Micky K out of this!

She’s been to more title games than UVA has Elite 8’s!

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F09%2Fcare.gif

Reactions: JimboBBN
ADVERTISEMENT