ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Dukies, have you run her off campus yet?

It’s a bizarre stance considering, like, 99% of Duke students attend Duke because of the basketball program.

Reactions: tw3301
It’s a bizarre stance considering, like, 99% of Duke students attend Duke because of the basketball program.

99% of those nerds are obsessive about college basketball? Or have their academic standards fallen that far?

Maybe she is the one who does those terribly lame cheer sheets as some sort of retribution to make Duke fans look bad.

I really don’t understand the point of that column. Does the NYT really think that the readers believe that everyone at Duke is a CBB fan?

She just came off sounding like a disgruntled nerd as opposed to the gruntled nerd that usually is seen at Cameron.

Wow, some of you really need to lighten up; the article is meant to be dry, is clearly pretty self deprecating, and obviously meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. I can only assume some of posters here are like most people... commenting with definite opinions on something you didn’t actually read.

Like I said, I didn't read it but their students aren't exactly known for their humor so wouldn't think it would be anything clever or anything but you never know.

Wait... some of you actually read that? Laughing

Yes....yes I did. What did I get out of the article? I learned the girl who wrote the article is a total bitch. I'm guessing she's one of those people who calls everyone else sheep and swears up and down that she's not going to become a conformist. My guess is she'd be much better off living the remainder of her life in a plastic bubble.

Wow, some of you really need to lighten up; the article is meant to be dry, is clearly pretty self deprecating, and obviously meant to be a bit tongue in cheek. I can only assume some of posters here are like most people... commenting with definite opinions on something you didn’t actually read.
I read it. And she came off as a miserable ****. Just my opinion.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Wow. Some of you have some bizarre misplaced anger. The only group you could even hope to see any negativity towards there is the line monitors, and I'd think most non-Duke fans would endorse that. It is literally meant as a "fish out of water" awkward look at basketball. The author made fun of herself a bunch of times.

Whatever, angry will be angry.

Wow. Some of you have some bizarre misplaced anger. The only group you could even hope to see any negativity towards there is the line monitors, and I'd think most non-Duke fans would endorse that. It is literally meant as a "fish out of water" awkward look at basketball. The author made fun of herself a bunch of times.

Whatever, angry will be angry.
Now you're just being silly. Nobody is angry here. But I guess her calling K a short angry man isn't negative at all.

Is this a person you are fond of? Why are you so bent out of shape over people thinking she is a dumb bitch?

Now you're just being silly. Nobody is angry here. But I guess her calling K a short angry man isn't negative at all.

Is this a person you are fond of? Why are you so bent out of shape over people thinking she is a dumb bitch?
But he is a short angry man during games all the time. All coaches are. That’s what makes it funny from her perspective.

You know you would laugh if some dude wrote an article about being at a wedding shower or Lady Gaga concert when he knows nothing about either one. Especially if it was well written. This girl did a great job at what she was going for, IMO.

But he is a short angry man during games all the time. All coaches are. That’s what makes it funny from her perspective.

You know you would laugh if some dude wrote an article about being at a wedding shower or Lady Gaga concert when he knows nothing about either one. Especially if it was well written. This girl did a great job at what she was going for, IMO.
I don't have a problem with people laughing at funny things. But that was just rambling from an intolerable douche IMO. It's not that I am mad at anything she said, just didn't find it funny or creative.

Letsgo, it was a silly “outsider” fluff piece meant to get a laugh as someone totally uninitiated in basketball and a bit nerdy dove into the most intense fan experiences around. She made fun of herself, she described things as a clueless outsider, and yes, she called Coach our angry little coach, which is sort of true. It was a mildly entertaining story, especially as both a Duke fan and a Duke grad, who is so used to being SO deep in the fan experience. And hey, a fellow Dukie, and a current student, got a piece in the NYT. Good for her, even if you don’t like the piece.

And for that, you called her dumb, a c-nt, a bitch, miserable, intolerable, rambling, and a douche.

I have no idea who she is, and I am certainly not the one here who is bent out of shape; don’t try to go all “I’m rubber, you’re glue” on me. Your reaction is, simply, way over the top. It’s either some strange anger issue there, or if it is drama queen of all drama queens. Just saying “I don’t think it’s funny or well written” is a better look than that somewhat eye popping tirade. It just is.

Letsgo, it was a silly “outsider” fluff piece meant to get a laugh as someone totally uninitiated in basketball dove into the most intense fan experiences around. She made fun of herself, she described things as a clueless outsider, and yes, she called Coach our angry little coach, which is sort of true. It was a mildly entertaining story, especially as both a Duke fan and a Duke grad, who is so used to being SO deep in the fan experience. And hey, a fellow Dukie, and a current student, got a piece in the NYT. Good for her, even if you don’t like the piece.

And for that, you called her dumb, a ****, a bitch, miserable, intolerable, rambling, and a douche.

I have no idea who she is, and I am certainly not the one here who is bent out of shape. Your reaction is, simply, way over the top. You either harbor some strange anger issue there, or you are the drama queen of all drama queens. Chill out.
Laughing

Moving on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT