ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Auburn, Not since 1996 (0-14 in Gainesville,FL)!

rdgtr

Feb 5, 2003
There were quite a few Auburn fans that had traveled all the way from Alabama down to the O'Connell Center, Billy Donovan Court!

The Auburn fans must of thought that they were going to witness Bruce Pearl's Tigers "finally" beat Mike White's Florida Gators! Wrong-Umendo, again!

However, #2 Auburn ran into a buzz-saw of Gators in the O'Dome for a 63-62 loss - should have been a worse defeat!

That NCAA projected #1 seed is probably short-lived, too, and it's back to the drawing board for Pearl's Auburn team. There is still the finish line remaining to the SEC regular season.

This was not the first time that White's Florida team took down a top 4/5 Auburn team coached by Pearl. Back in the 2020 season when college basketball's NCAA Tournament was first cancelled, Florida had defeated #4 Auburn, 69-47, in the O'Dome. That Florida team had players like pre-season SEC poy Kerry Blackshear, Keyontae Johnson (2021 SEC pre-season poy), Andrew Nembhard (now with #1 Gonzaga), Tre Mann (#1 pick for Oklahoma City Thunder), Scotty Lewis and company. Too bad that 2020 season was cancelled because Florida had a loaded team that year.

Getting back to today's UF win over Auburn,
Florida's center, Collin Castleton, outperformed Auburn's Walker Kessler for the second meeting against each other:
in Gvlle, Castleton (19 points, 8 reb, 3 blks, 2 stl, 1 A) vs Kessler (11 pts, 3 reb, 0 blks, 1 Stl).
in Auburn, Castleton (22 points, 10 reb, 2 blks) vs Kessler(6 pts, 8 reb, 3 blks).

After this loss to these lowly Gators(UF's KP only #55), how far will #2 Auburn drop in the next AP poll? From #2 to number 22?

Auburn has not defeated Florida (in Gvlle) since before Billy Donovan was hired - 1996.
This kind of reminds me of some of those long winning streaks by Florida over some other SEC rivals in football:
i.e, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, LSU, Georgia, etc.!

=====================================================================================
So, What happened in 1996?

#1 Movie: Independence Day

Nintendo
releases their newest gaming system the Nintendo 64 or N64 in Japan.
Ebay starts online auction website,
IBM's Deep Blue defeats Chess Champion Gary Kasparov, (a win for AI over mankind!)

Prince Charles and Diana Divorce

Mad Cow Disease hits Britain
causing the mass slaughter of Herds of Cows and new laws to stop beef being sold on the bone.

Technology 1996
  • DVD's Launched in Japan.
  • Windows NT 4.0 released by Microsoft.
  • Internet Explorer 3 web browser released.
  • Duke Nukem 3D Shareware released to public.
  • On July 5th Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal to be successfully cloned.
  • Ask Jeeves formed.
  • Global Warming shows a record high.

United States -- STS-72 Space Shuttle Mission​

NASA launches the STS-72 Space Shuttle mission during January of 1996. The Space Shuttle Endeavour launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida with 6 astronauts on board. The goal of the mission was to retrieve the Japanese Space Flyer Unit satellite, deliver and retrieve a number of NASA experiments, and to perform 2 space walks during which they could test tools that would be used to assemble the International Space Station. The mission was successfully completed and after 8 days and 22 hours they returned to Earth.

Mars Global Surveyor​

1. NASA launched the Mars Global Surveyor
2. The Mars Global Surveyor was a robotic spacecraft with the mission objective to take high resolution photos of Mars while while mapping the planet from orbit.
. This was the first successful Mars mission in about 20 years and was one of the most comprehensive missions, returning large amounts of useful data to NASA.
=====================================================================================================

Last edited:
I’m not reading all of that shit but congrats on the win. The reason Auburn fans are traveling more is because of the ticket prices at home. My nephew and I are going to Knoxville next weekend. We paid $100 a ticket for good seats. Auburn tickets were over $300.

I’m not reading all of that shit but congrats on the win. The reason Auburn fans are traveling more is because of the ticket prices at home. My nephew and I are going to Knoxville next weekend. We paid $100 a ticket for good seats. Auburn tickets were over $300.

Well, enjoy following your team, then.

However, since Florida fans like me can't tease Georgia fans anymore about 1980,
You Auburn fans are next in line, I believe.

Lot's of stuff happened way back in 1996!
You know, since Auburn defeated Florida, lol!

I will link a couple of articles below for ya! lol!

===================================================================
The Big Movies: (according to boxofficemojo)
1. Independence Day
2. Twister
3. Mission: Impossible <-- Couple of
4. Jerry Maguire <--------- Tom Cruise' hits!
5. Ransom
6. 101 Dalmations
7. The Rock
8. The Nutty Professor <----- Eddie Murphy, another SNL original, was great!
9. The Birdcage <---------- One of my favorite Robin Williams mvies.
10. A Time To Kill

1996 Most Popular TV shows:
1. E.R. (NBC) <--------------------------------- Best Medical Show ever!
2. Seinfeld (NBC)
3. Suddenly Susan (NBC)
4. Friends (NBC)
5. The Naked Truth (NBC)
6. Fired Up (NBC)
7. The Single Guy (NBC)
8. Home Improvement (ABC)
9. Touched By An Angel (CBS)
10. 60 Minutes (CBS)

One of my favorite topics,
Sports:
World Series Champions: New York Yankees
Superbowl XXX Champions: Dallas Cowboys
NBA Champions: Chicago Bulls
Stanley Cup Champs: Colorado Avalanche
U.S. Open Golf Steve Jones
U.S. Tennis: (Men/Ladies) Pete Sampras/Steffi Graf
Wimbledon (Men/Women): Richard Krajiceck/Steffi Graf
NCAA Football Champions: Florida
NCAA Basketball Champions: Kentucky
Kentucky Derby: Grindstone

==================================================================
Great year, that 1996!

Maybe that is because y'all's arena is so tiny. You could fit two Auburn coliseums inside TBA and still seat a couple more thousand.

When you’re as good as you guys are and you play in that cute lil gym, that’s gonna be a problem!

Maybe that is because y'all's arena is so tiny. You could fit two Auburn coliseums inside TBA and still seat a couple more thousand.
Maybe. But we will be in Knoxville Friday night…

So are we meeting or what?

There were quite a few Auburn fans that had traveled all the way from Alabama down to the O'Connell Center, Billy Donovan Court!

The Auburn fans must of thought that they were going to witness Bruce Pearl's Tigers "finally" beat Mike White's Florida Gators! Wrong-Umendo, again!

However, #2 Auburn ran into a buzz-saw of Gators in the O'Dome for a 63-62 loss - should have been a worse defeat!

That NCAA projected #1 seed is probably short-lived, too, and it's back to the drawing board for Pearl's Auburn team. There is still the finish line remaining to the SEC regular season.

This was not the first time that White's Florida team took down a top 4/5 Auburn team coached by Pearl. Back in the 2020 season when college basketball's NCAA Tournament was first cancelled, Florida had defeated #4 Auburn, 69-47, in the O'Dome. That Florida team had players like pre-season SEC poy Kerry Blackshear, Keyontae Johnson (2021 SEC pre-season poy), Andrew Nembhard (now with #1 Gonzaga), Tre Mann (#1 pick for Oklahoma City Thunder), Scotty Lewis and company. Too bad that 2020 season was cancelled because Florida had a loaded team that year.

Getting back to today's UF win over Auburn,
Florida's center, Collin Castleton, outperformed Auburn's Walker Kessler for the second meeting against each other:
in Gvlle, Castleton (19 points, 8 reb, 3 blks, 2 stl, 1 A) vs Kessler (11 pts, 3 reb, 0 blks, 1 Stl).
in Auburn, Castleton (22 points, 10 reb, 2 blks) vs Kessler(6 pts, 8 reb, 3 blks).

After this loss to these lowly Gators(UF's KP only #55), how far will #2 Auburn drop in the next AP poll? From #2 to number 22?

Auburn has not defeated Florida (in Gvlle) since before Billy Donovan was hired - 1996.
This kind of reminds me of some of those long winning streaks by Florida over some other SEC rivals in football:
i.e, Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, LSU, Georgia, etc.!

=====================================================================================
So, What happened in 1996?

#1 Movie: Independence Day

Nintendo
releases their newest gaming system the Nintendo 64 or N64 in Japan.
Ebay starts online auction website,
IBM's Deep Blue defeats Chess Champion Gary Kasparov, (a win for AI over mankind!)

Prince Charles and Diana Divorce

Mad Cow Disease hits Britain
causing the mass slaughter of Herds of Cows and new laws to stop beef being sold on the bone.

Technology 1996
  • DVD's Launched in Japan.
  • Windows NT 4.0 released by Microsoft.
  • Internet Explorer 3 web browser released.
  • Duke Nukem 3D Shareware released to public.
  • On July 5th Dolly the sheep becomes the first mammal to be successfully cloned.
  • Ask Jeeves formed.
  • Global Warming shows a record high.

United States -- STS-72 Space Shuttle Mission​

NASA launches the STS-72 Space Shuttle mission during January of 1996. The Space Shuttle Endeavour launched from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida with 6 astronauts on board. The goal of the mission was to retrieve the Japanese Space Flyer Unit satellite, deliver and retrieve a number of NASA experiments, and to perform 2 space walks during which they could test tools that would be used to assemble the International Space Station. The mission was successfully completed and after 8 days and 22 hours they returned to Earth.

Mars Global Surveyor​

1. NASA launched the Mars Global Surveyor
2. The Mars Global Surveyor was a robotic spacecraft with the mission objective to take high resolution photos of Mars while while mapping the planet from orbit.
. This was the first successful Mars mission in about 20 years and was one of the most comprehensive missions, returning large amounts of useful data to NASA.
=====================================================================================================
I honestly think you guys win the NIT. Enjoy the ride!

Literally not reading any of that nonsense. You guys shot your balls off from three and played excellent defense. Congrats on the win bruh

Reactions: DocHammer
Literally not reading any of that nonsense. You guys shot your balls off from three and played excellent defense. Congrats on the win bruh
They were 10-25 from 3 (40%). Pretty good, but definitely not scorching the nets. There are a handful of teams that are averaging 40% from 3 on the season. South Dakota St is over 45% on well over 600 attempts. That is insane.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
They were 10-25 from 3 (40%). Pretty good, but definitely not scorching the nets. There are a handful of teams that are averaging 40% from 3 on the season. South Dakota St is over 45% on well over 600 attempts. That is insane.
In the second half they couldn’t miss from three… and it hurt me… deep down.

Reactions: della
Tell him what you guys do to keep UK fans out from our games at TBA.......
I hope he has a great day experience at TBA as much as he can as long as the Vols kick Auburn's butt.

female_sniper.jpg

Are you talking about this? Ain't nobody been shot yet...

Lol nobody's been shot yet. You guys package our game with 3-4 other games, so you have to buy the package to get the UK game lol. Its done' purposely to keep out our fans.

I actually like both teams but...you and your short list of fans are head and shoulders above that Motley Crue. Kick their butts. We won't see them for the rest of the year lol.

ADVERTISEMENT