ADVERTISEMENT

Hey ACC Fans and more specifically UNC fans

Thought about this, too. A lot of seniors on the team. Could be a rough year in 2024 if most those guys leave.
@HailToPitt725 @PA_Panther how do feel about your chances of retaining some of your seniors? Don't know the status of who's eligible for a 5th year.

What's your hopeful top 5-6 players for next year?
Sorry, missed this earlier. PA Panther nailed it. It’ll likely come down to if Dior Johnson stays and if Hugely can regain his form.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Sorry, missed this earlier. PA Panther nailed it. It’ll likely come down to if Dior Johnson stays and if Hugely can regain his form.
I've been lead to believe Dior is a cancer and this season would have been in the gutter if he was playing.

I've been lead to believe Dior is a cancer and this season would have been in the gutter if he was playing.
I honestly don’t know what his deal is. Part of me wishes he wasn’t even on the team due to what he’s been linked to off the court. Not sure if/how much that has translated to the locker room. It wouldn’t be the first time in the Capel era where to took a guy based on talent alone but his attitude wasn’t great.

I think Dior in his life had a lot of people in his ear telling him a lot of different things. He doesn’t travel with the team… however at home games he consistently seems like the most engaged person on the floor.

I’m disappointed in what transpired off the court. However, there was some stuff that came out that really makes you scratch your head in what really happened.

I think a year for Dior to mature is going to pay off long term for him on and off the floor. I’m excited to see him play next year. He is getting to learn from Cummings and Burton who both are in their 5th year of college and all I can hope is their maturity is rubbing off on him.

Reactions: bschulter
I think Dior in his life had a lot of people in his ear telling him a lot of different things. He doesn’t travel with the team… however at home games he consistently seems like the most engaged person on the floor.

I’m disappointed in what transpired off the court. However, there was some stuff that came out that really makes you scratch your head in what really happened.

I think a year for Dior to mature is going to pay off long term for him on and off the floor. I’m excited to see him play next year. He is getting to learn from Cummings and Burton who both are in their 5th year of college and all I can hope is their maturity is rubbing off on him.
I was told he punched a teammate in the locker room and there was a lot of problems. But, who knows what is true.

I was told he punched a teammate in the locker room and there was a lot of problems. But, who knows what is true.
You are thinking of Xavier Johnson who is now at Indiana. The team that had Xavier-Toney-Champaignie was a mess in the locker room for many reasons but yes there was some punches thrown

You are thinking of Xavier Johnson who is now at Indiana. The team that had Xavier-Toney-Champaignie was a mess in the locker room for many reasons but yes there was some punches thrown
I was told Dior specifically. Not saying it is true. Just what I heard.

I love how people thought UNC was back because they absolutely blew their wad from 3 against Clemson at home....Clemson, who has ONE win in Chapel Hill in their entire history.

Reactions: TKBray
I love how people thought UNC was back because they absolutely blew their wad from 3 against Clemson at home....Clemson, who has ONE win in Chapel Hill in their entire history.

Yeah, so dumb. Bad coaching and worse execution now and then is trumped by a bunch of made shots. I'm not sure how people can't see this.

Reactions: jhmossy

To put this into perspective, Clemson's little brother, Wofford, has played at Chapel Hill 3 times and come away with a victory twice.

• Haha
Reactions: TKBray and jhmossy
Gay

330581504_585330990136527_8202758287279583379_n.jpg

• Haha
It’s time to start entertaining the fact that Pitt might actually win the ACC.. Especialky considering they have the tie breaker against Virginia… I can’t believe I’m saying that

It’s time to start entertaining the fact that Pitt might actually win the ACC.. Especialky considering they have the tie breaker against Virginia… I can’t believe I’m saying that

Of course it's a real thing. Pitt has a legit squad. Finishing first in the regular season standings and winning the ACC tournament are two very different things though.

The tournament will be pretty wide open I think. I think Pitt, UVA, and Miami are a notch better than the rest of the conference but I don't think there's much separation amongst those three. I don't think Clemson deserves to be mentioned with those three but that's just my opinion. But I wouldn't count out NC State with the backcourt they have and Burns inside. I think VT is very solid and we just saw them get crazy hot and win it last season. It wouldn't be shocking if UNC put together a great three-four day stretch and win it. Hell, even Syracuse has the ability to pull off a big upset or two.

Will be fun to watch

Looks like Clemson has flamed out. Can't imagine them being higher than 4th at this point.

ACC title is down to Pitt, UVA, and Miami. UVA has the best chance to win it, IMO. Their toughest remaining matchup is on the road against Carolina - and I'd probably favor them to win that.

Pitt plays at Miami in the last regular season game. If UVA does stumble, that Pitt-Miami game might well determine the ACC regular season champion.

Looks like Clemson has flamed out. Can't imagine them being higher than 4th at this point.

ACC title is down to Pitt, UVA, and Miami. UVA has the best chance to win it, IMO. Their toughest remaining matchup is on the road against Carolina - and I'd probably favor them to win that.

Pitt plays at Miami in the last regular season game. If UVA does stumble, that Pitt-Miami game might well determine the ACC regular season champion.

Another regular season championship would be nice and all but those get discredited and diminished by people talking about unbalanced schedules. Give me a double bye and I'm happy. I understand why a regular season championship would mean a lot for a program like Pitt or even Miami but it doesn't move the needle for us as much as it used to. We need more postseason success to really stabilize our program as a national power. I know that regular season success and postseason success aren't mutually exclusive but I'm definitely in the camp that favors postseason success over regular season success.

Another regular season championship would be nice and all but those get discredited and diminished by people talking about unbalanced schedules. Give me a double bye and I'm happy. I understand why a regular season championship would mean a lot for a program like Pitt or even Miami but it doesn't move the needle for us as much as it used to. We need more postseason success to really stabilize our program as a national power. I know that regular season success and postseason success aren't mutually exclusive but I'm definitely in the camp that favors postseason success over regular season success.
I’ll be honest, I always thought like that when Pitt was owning the big east. In the time, it’s like these don’t matter, it’s all about the tourney.

Since Dixon left though, looking back, gawd darn it winning it and the big east tourney was so much fun. Probably my favorite childhood memory was going with my dad and brother to the Big East Tourney and Pitt winning it all in 08.

Reactions: jhmossy and TKBray

I agree that UVA has the best chance to finish #1 in the regular season. The game at UNC will be everything for them. Maybe UNC can rise to the occasion and pull off that win. I don't see UVA losing to Clemson at home.

For Pitt & Miami, interestingly enough VT is the team that can put a wrench into both team's plans. Pitt plays at VT this Saturday and Miami plays at VT on Tues. VT is a good team, better than their conf record imo. They were without their starting PG for several games when they lost like 7 in a row with several of them being very close. Since he returned they've beaten Duke and UVA in Blacksburg. That's a tough place to play.

I agree with @jhmossy that 'winning' the ACC regular season isn't a huge deal. Obviously getting the double-bye is important, but I do think it's big for whichever team that finishes #1 in the standings because if UVA, Pitt, & Miami are clearly the top teams in the league, then the #1 seed in the ACC tourney will avoid whichever two teams finish second & third until the tournament championship. That would be a nice luxury. Assuming it's all chalk up until that point, which probably won't happen anyway lol.

to finish #1 in the regular season. The game at UNC will be everything for them. Maybe UNC can rise to the occasion and pull off that win. I don't see UVA losing to Clemson at home.

For Pitt & Miami, interestingly enough VT is the team that can put a wrench into both team's plans. Pitt plays at VT this Saturday and Miami plays at VT on Tues. VT is a good team, better than their conf record imo. They were without their starting PG for several games when they lost like 7 in a row with several of them being very close. Since he returned they've beaten Duke and UVA in Blacksburg. That's a tough place to play.

I agree with @jhmossy that 'winning' the ACC regular season isn't a huge deal. Obviously getting the double-bye is important, but I do think it's big for whichever team that finishes #1 in the standings because if UVA, Pitt, & Miami are clearly the top teams in the league, then the #1 seed in the ACC tourney will avoid whichever two teams finish second & third until the tournament championship. That would be a nice luxury. Assuming it's all chalk up until that point, which probably

This is true. Virginia Tech has the talent of an NCAA Tournament team. No doubt. Cattoor is back and they'll be a dangerous team in Blacksburg. Getting swept by BC, though, is not a good look.

I agree that UVA has the best chance to finish #1 in the regular season. The game at UNC will be everything for them. Maybe UNC can rise to the occasion and pull off that win. I don't see UVA losing to Clemson at home.

I agree with @jhmossy that 'winning' the ACC regular season isn't a huge deal. Obviously getting the double-bye is important, but I do think it's big for whichever team that finishes #1 in the standings because if UVA, Pitt, & Miami are clearly the top teams in the league, then the #1 seed in the ACC tourney will avoid whichever two teams finish second & third until the tournament championship. That would be a nice luxury. Assuming it's all chalk up until that point, which probably won't happen anyway lol.

I really hope I don't have to root for VT to beat Miami or Pitt. I want them to lose every game they play. But, sadly, we may need their help if we want the 1 seed.

• Haha
I really hope I don't have to root for VT to beat Miami or Pitt. I want them to lose every game they play. But, sadly, we may need their help if we want the 1 seed.

"Go... Hoo-kies?"

Perhaps 🤔

• Wow

I'll tell you this much, if PItt and Miami are playing for the ACC Regular season championship that Saturday... There will be boots on the ground for that matchup as I'd make the drive.

Did anyone listen to Gary Parrish of CBS Sports yesterday? Lost all respect for him.

We’ve been absolutely AWFUL for six years and after demanding national recognition for finally having a good team, he rips into us for five straight minutes on his show. Bashed Pitt fans by calling us ingrates and dumb (we should be thankful we were ranked #26 on his “Top 25 + 1”).

Did anyone listen to Gary Parrish of CBS Sports yesterday? Lost all respect for him.

We’ve been absolutely AWFUL for six years and after demanding national recognition for finally having a good team, he rips into us for five straight minutes on his show. Bashed Pitt fans by calling us ingrates and dumb (we should be thankful we were ranked #26 on his “Top 25 + 1”).
You mean Commercial Appeal Gary Parrish of Memphis? lol
Yeah, glad you got become of aware of him.
Really bad. Attention whore bad.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

He used Kent State and some directional Texas school vs Kansas to justify his argument. World class pole smoker

I've met him a couple of times (three, 2 in ford box and once with Pat Patterson) at Grizzlies games. He's exactly like you think he would be. I just listened.
800px-GaryParrish.png

Winning is obviously better than losing but UVA is playing pretty poorly lately. Probably going to lead to being overseeded in NCAA tourney.

Refs in VT Pitt game 1000% have money on the game. 9 fouls in the first three mins of second half

Pitt is in the bonus before the under 16 timeout… that is not a typo

Order restored. UVA all alone in first

Thanks Chokies!

I felt strongly that VT would get at least one of their two games at home vs Pitt & Miami. Now I'm really hoping it is just today's game and not Miami on Tuesday, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT