ADVERTISEMENT

Here comes college basketball!

WTF... this is still a college basketball forum, isn't it?

Are we really not discussing the official start of the college basketball season? Did I miss something?

SO we get KU v UK?
In Orlando at the CC.

I like Cal's idea for this years CC.

“With basketball, we’re talking 12 players, a party of 20. I think the bubble or a pod, it’s been shown to work now,” said Calipari. “Do you have multiple bubbles or pods? Do we go and play the Champions Classic in a bubble, without fans, and we play each other? We all play each other round-robin? We could walk away with three games [played].”

In Orlando at the CC.

I like Cal's idea for this years CC.

“With basketball, we’re talking 12 players, a party of 20. I think the bubble or a pod, it’s been shown to work now,” said Calipari. “Do you have multiple bubbles or pods? Do we go and play the Champions Classic in a bubble, without fans, and we play each other? We all play each other round-robin? We could walk away with three games [played].”
Id love the 3 game scenario

I'm excited. Especially with the NBA not starting up until at least Christmas, this will give me something to watch. I like the idea of bubble ball. These kids would otherwise be sitting in their dorm rooms doing elearning so why not just put them in bubbles all season long and have them play ball while they are doing elearning from their hotel rooms.

First time in my life that I have not been excited for this time of year...I mean this is the Triple Crown of sports season: CFB, NFL and NCAA; and not to leave out MLB playoffs. But, well, I guess most of you probably get where I am coming from. Not to mention, even if we have a CBB season, the # games for me are minimal, i.e. Bubble games, etc, etc...Not sure what NAIA plans to do...

I just don't see CBB working out....COVID + Flu season= Panic....which weill equal, cancelled season.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
First time in my life that I have not been excited for this time of year...I mean this is the Triple Crown of sports season: CFB, NFL and NCAA; and not to leave out MLB playoffs. But, well, I guess most of you probably get where I am coming from. Not to mention, even if we have a CBB season, the # games for me are minimal, i.e. Bubble games, etc, etc...Not sure what NAIA plans to do...

I just don't see CBB working out....COVID + Flu season= Panic....which weill equal, cancelled season.
giphy.gif

Just put all these ****ers in a 3 month bubble and have the season. Bubbles work, NBA and NHL have proven that. It's not like these kids go to class anyway. I'm sure you can E-learn Basket Weaving 101 and Basketball Theory 102.

ADVERTISEMENT