ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever been triggered by sports?

Sports bring out the worst in me. I've completely acted a fool when reacting.
Yes, this is what happens when you're emotionally invested in a team.

I get irritable if Duke is losing in basketball games and can only be around other fans who'll talk about the game only and give you a fist pump if something good happens and say a silent "Fvck" when the other team goes on a run or we miss shots.

Watching games with others who don't care and instead are trying to network with you, talk about their job or other random things and ask you the score to pretend like they care are the worst.

Not real sure what triggered actually means tbh. I've been pissed when my team has lost. I've never taken that out on another living person though. Maybe cursed or something. I'm a Reds fan though so that has helped me learn to deal with cheering for losers.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Oh...I will throw my own team under the bus at a moments notice and make the devil blush with my foul mouth. Rivalry and tourney games get me Rev’d up. Add in cheering for the USA in the olympics in any event— I’m a crazy person.

As a UGA and Falcon guy do I need to say anything more than the UGA/Bama national championship and Falcons/Patriots super bowl happened within a year of each other? To be honest I haven’t emotionally really cared about a game since then. I just enjoy it in the moment and enjoy going with best friends I only really see during game days.

Last edited:
I used to, but the last decade of Louisville basketball has desensitized me.

In my younger years I used to hit walls and yell at people. Now I just smoke some pot and fall asleep.

same here. I used to get really angry. Back in high school I was a huge Indiana fan. We had a kid living at our house my senior year, goalie on our hockey team from Canada. He started making fun of me after Kentucky beat Indiana and I chased him around the house and picked him up and slammed him into the wall causing a butt sized depression in the drywall.

Nowadays I just lay on the couch calling everyone on my team dummies for 2 hours and then fall asleep.

ADVERTISEMENT