ADVERTISEMENT

Have we the discussed the rivals 2020 team recruiting rankings....

I guess all that talk about LSU hitting rock bottom because of the investigation was all for nothing. Either that or Mr. Wade has upped his game and is making even sweeter ass offers to recruits. Either way, things are looking good in Baton Rouge.

Reactions: KisteK
GPIX.gif

Reactions: olsonab
lately?

The SEC has 5 of the top 10 now. Is this football?

Kentucky, Tennessee, lsu, Auburn, and Arkansas all in the top 10.
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/basketball
I tell you what . . . I am so proud of our little conference! We've had some great teams lately and I'm definitely a conference honk. The SEC has really been underappreciated for too long. Auburn representing proudly, UT doing better than I had hoped :(, Florida is often a tough out, etc.

Would like to see Vandy step their game up.

I guess all that talk about LSU hitting rock bottom because of the investigation was all for nothing. Either that or Mr. Wade has upped his game and is making even sweeter ass offers to recruits. Either way, things are looking good in Baton Rouge.
Will they get within three games of the title this year?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Basketball team rankings aren't that important because of the vast difference in the amount of players brought in..

What is important is average recruit ranking.

When you do that you only 2 SEC schools in the Top.25

Kentucky
LSU

If you have 6 recruits you pretty much have a Top 10 class.

That statement is accurate. And you should know better than anyone, seeing how Texas has only won two NCAA tournament games in the past 10 years.

Texas is in the middle.
Big enough name to get some elite players but not enough yet to get 3-4 of them.
So only getting one who only plays one year doesn't ultimately help your team win a lot of games

If you look at the recruiting rankings of just the players on the roster
I don't know where Texas would be. Maybe Top 15. 10-15.

They only have 5 Top 50 players according to the 247 composite

Jones
Ramey
Liddell
Baker
Greg Brown

Need to get the point where they have 8+ Top 50 players.

There are only two five star players. Andrew Jones and Greg Brown. Texas really hasn't had a healthy Jones except for 40 games.
If we have a season in 2020-2021 he should be back.

They just had a few schools that signed big classes.

What school is surprising is Arizona State.

Only has 2 commits but 2 five stars.

After Kentucky they have the best class.

These are the best 8 classes
Gonzaga
Duke
Miami
Tennessee
Kentucky
Arizona State
Texas
North Carolina

Then about 15 schools averaged a 4 star recruit

Quality over quantity

Last edited:
Texas is in the middle.
Big enough name to get some elite players but not enough yet to get 3-4 of them.
So only getting one who only plays one year doesn't ultimately help your team win a lot of games

Jones
Ramey
Liddell
Baker
Greg Brown

There are only two five star players. Andrew Jones and Greg Brown. Texas really hasn't had a healthy Jones except for 40 games.

I'm talking about the whole previous decade, from 2010-2019. You had a top 10 recruiting class in '09, '11, '12, '13, '16, '17, and '18. Texas has underachieved more than any other school in the past 10 years, and it's not even close.

And you don't need 8 top 50 players. That's a crazy amount of talent. Duke hasn't even had that many top 50 guys the past three seasons. Kansas only had 3 top 50 players and they were the consensus #1 team.

Gonzaga is the only school in the top 15 with only 3 commits and they still are ranked 8th. This follows up their 2019 class that was also ranked 8th. Recruiting with the big boys now.

I'm talking about the whole previous decade, from 2010-2019. You had a top 10 recruiting class in '09, '11, '12, '13, '16, '17, and '18. Texas has underachieved more than any other school in the past 10 years, and it's not even close.

And you don't need 8 top 50 players. That's a crazy amount of talent. Duke hasn't even had that many top 50 guys the past three seasons. Kansas only had 3 top 50 players and they were the consensus #1 team.

Shaka is putting all his eggs in one basket.
The 2020-2021 season if we have one.

He has an entire roster of Top 100 recruits except one in Brock Cunningham.

We will see what happens.

In regards to the other classes.
Most of those players were one and done.
Myles Turner
Jarrett Allen
Mo Bamba

Tevin Mack was ran out pretty quick
Andrew Jones unfortunately gets sick.

Shaka knows his back is against the wall.

This is what I find interesting. Shaka either doesn't know what he is doing or has complete faith in his players.
You would think he would be scrambling to bring in players.
But all the players stayed. He is comfortable with who he has.

Texas is either a 2 or 3 seed or Shaka is scrambling to make the tournament and will have to make an Elite 8/Final 4 run to keep his job.

Truthfully one of the more interesting stories if we have a season.

Texas underachieves and overpays their coaches.

Pitt’s currently 16th in the country and 3rd in the ACC. I’m liking it! :)

Texas is in the middle.

Jones
Ramey
Liddell
Baker
Greg Brown

8+ top 50 players needed? Get a better coach.

ADVERTISEMENT