ADVERTISEMENT

Has There Ever Been a Likable TV Wife?

WojoRising

Jul 3, 2015
Skylar White, awful. Rita Morgan, world class nag. Carmella Soprano, a martyr. Deb Scott, a junkie bitch.

Seriously can’t think of one who wasn’t awful.

Skylar White, awful. Rita Morgan, world class nag. Carmella Soprano, a martyr. Deb Scott, a junkie bitch.

Seriously can’t think of one who wasn’t awful.
Carrie Hefernen was A-nnoying

071935bbbc253db0bf0cf54052fb30ee.jpg

Vivian Banks. Fresh Prince was a great show
I don’t really remember her, so I can’t speak to this.
Cersei Lannister
No idea who this is
Carrie Hefernen was A-nnoying
I didn’t mind Carrie tbh, but wasn’t enough depth to KoQ for her to get noted
Bruh. The absolute worst.
Aunt Becky, Uncle Jesse's wife, from Full House. She seemed fairly likable.
No memory of her.
Peg Bundy
She broke Al. Total bitch.

I don't think I've ever sat through an episode, but Sofia Vergara can't be very unlikeable.

150px-Betty_Rubble.png

How about Betty Rubble? Wasn't Barney a perpetually happy and satisfied guy? Also, Betty was also a pretty good mistress. When Barney was out of town, she made Fred scream Yabba Dabba DooIIIII more than a few times, or so I've been told.

Marge Simpson (The Simpsons)
Kitty Foreman (That 70s Show)
Gloria Pritchett (Modern Family)
Carla Turk (Scrubs)
Claire Dunphy (Modern Family)
Lucille Bluth (Arrested Development)
Pam Halpert (The Office)
Frankie Heck (The Middle)
Rainbow Johnson (Black-ish)
Jessica Huang (Fresh Off the Boat)
Phyllis Vance (The Office, married to Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration)

Maggie Malone (Joanna Kearns) from Growing Pains...always liked her for some reason.

Claire Huxtable?

This thread reeks of OP straight woman hating, he's been a shell of himself since the whole Chelsea Clinton debacle. Smh
liked this post because of the Clinton comment but I think it's more of a... why does Hollywood make a lot of these tv wives annoying and unlikable than a straight up woman hating deal.

Reactions: WojoRising
I must not watch the bs tv you boys do.

I can list more shows (that I've watched) where the husband is the straight loser/unlikeable/idiotic character. See: All shows listed itt as having a likeable female "wife"

liked this post because of the Clinton comment but I think it's more of a... why does Hollywood make a lot of these tv wives annoying and unlikable than a straight up woman hating deal.

And why does Hollywood often make the husbands out to be the lovable doofus? The tv dads are usually some mixture of wildly immature, backwards, and/or ignorant. The stereotype even spreads to the general public; I often hear women talking about their husbands, referencing him as, "my older, other child." But hopefully nobody is looking to Hollywood for role models. I guess they are role models, just not good ones.

ADVERTISEMENT