ADVERTISEMENT

Has There Been Any Changes You've Enjoyed During Corona'19?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
Any pleasant surprises? Any new-found indulgences or practices you'll carry forward when things return to "normal"?

I think maybe for me it will be my level of organization. The extra time has allowed me to do some things on my list that I've just procrastinated on.

The only good thing I can think of is the federal rate dropping. People are taking advantage of low rates on refinances like crazy. Wouldn’t call it fun, but it’s a small positive amongst the craziness

I very seen in our area a decrease in traffic accidents, and road rage post on social media. This can prove non essential workers are the problem on roads.
Im enjoying my daily drive to work now

Not going to lie, no traffic has been splendid. It’s also nice to walk some cities and see some previously unappreciated things that are missed amidst a mass of people.

Reactions: Sound.Slave
Women everywhere;

crying-slide.gif

For a while I've wanted to move to a smaller town or maybe a town out in the mountains here in CO. Better pace of life, more affordable, more community feel, etc. appeals to me. Also the mountain towns are freaking gorgeous and offer so much to do.

But I work in tech, so it'd likely be necessary to go remote, and I had wondered if I'd like full-time remote work. Now that I've gotten into a rhythm with it, I feel like I could easily swing it, especially since I'd eventually be able to meet up with friends, go to a bar, etc. to get some more human interaction.

So when this is all over, I now feel really comfortable pursuing that lifestyle and looking for a fully remote position or asking my current employer about going remote.

Another one: The GF and I have started gardening. As someone that loves to cook, that is something that I'd love to pursue on a larger scale. Would love to be able to pickle my own jalapenos, make fresh salsas, grab tomatoes/garlic/herbs for pasta, etc. straight from the garden.

Last edited:
For a while I've wanted to move to a smaller town or maybe a town out in the mountains here in CO. Better pace of life, more affordable, more community feel, etc. appeals to me. Also the mountain towns are freaking gorgeous and offer so much to do.

But I work in tech, so it'd likely be necessary to go remote, and I had wondered if I'd like full-time remote work. Now that I've gotten into a rhythm with it, I feel like I could easily swing it, especially since I'd eventually be able to meet up with friends, go to a bar, etc. to get some more human interaction.

So when this is all over, I now feel really comfortable pursuing that lifestyle and looking for a fully remote position or asking my current employer about going remote.

Another one: The GF and I have started gardening. As someone that loves to cook, that is something that I'd love to pursue on a larger scale. Would love to be able to pickle my own jalapenos, make fresh salsas, grab tomatoes/garlic/herbs for pasta, etc. straight from the garden.
It's too late in the season, but one thing the wife and I are looking forward to the most when moving to Knoxville is a garden. I'm also getting solar panels. I seriously wouldn't mind becoming 100% self sufficient.

Reactions: Toast.
Not going to lie, no traffic has been splendid. It’s also nice to walk some cities and see some previously unappreciated things that are missed amidst a mass of people.
This...Not that we are walking around cities; Even with COVID, Louisville is still ****ed up. But, we are taking bike rides....Or just simply going to the lake, and walking. No big crowds.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Rooftop gardened Jalapeños, tomatoes and several different herbs when we still lived in Indiana. We are going to start it up again this week.

It was kind of fun at first but I’m seriously over this shit. Was imagining all the stuff I’d be doing yesterday if I could actually leave and started to go insane. The highlight of day is walking to a park. Even grilling and drinking 3-4 weeks a night is starting to get boring. This is the best time of year to live in Louisville, hands down, which makes it even worse.

Reactions: JimboBBN
It was kind of fun at first but I’m seriously over this shit. Was imagining all the stuff I’d be doing yesterday if I could actually leave and started to go insane. The highlight of day is walking to a park. Even grilling and drinking 3-4 weeks a night is starting to get boring. This is the best time of year to live in Louisville, hands down, which makes it even worse.
This. I can only fish so much...Gonna miss going to Bats games. Great time. Thunder , Derby....all canned. ****ed up. Even being on here is starting to get a little stale.

Yeah honestly I’m not sure Fischer has ever done anything I disagree with. Used to see him at events all the time. Drank a beer with him actually. Nice guy.
Same. Fischer, Armstrong, and Abramson have all been pretty good as they’re the only ones I’ve seen in my lifetime.

Dude probably doesn’t like Andy Beshear either and prefers Matt Bevin (Bevis)

We did salt, pepper and cottage cheese. Hillbilly caprese salad.
Spot the **** on, brother.... Also, I love making me a tomato sandwich. Tomato, salt, pepper, with some mayo? ****ing gourmet for me.

Never did that, would’ve probably used it for a grilled cheese if I did.
Toast my man....Go to the kitchen. Slice you up a mater, brother. salt and pepper that mudderfcker...Throw some mayo on.

Thank me later.

Toast my man....Go to the kitchen. Slice you up a mater, brother. salt and pepper that mudderfcker...Throw some mayo on.

Thank me later.
lol when the farmers markets reopen, I'll get a good one and try this.

not gonna happen with the produce we've been getting via a delivery service. tomatoes are fine...but not good enough

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Definitely. Perfect weather, Derby festival, end of college basketball. Did they reschedule thunder? I know the Derby is in September now. I haven't been to thunder since 16, its kind of lost its luster with me. But still a fun event.

I've been doing a ton of virtual game nights with friends from around the country. Those are a lot of fun. That's about it though. Not seeing the students I hated is also a plus.

I've been doing a ton of virtual game nights with friends from around the country. Those are a lot of fun. That's about it though. Not seeing the students I hated is also a plus.
What games and what're you using to play them? I'd like to do more of this but haven't put in the time to find good options. My buddy's bachelor party was cancelled so se tried to find a poker option where we could have a private room then do venmo to settle, but didn't have much luck.

I will say that I have enjoyed the virtual happy hour stuff, but I will cut friends off if they want to do virtual happy hours once the world is normal again.

Reactions: jhmossy
What games and what're you using to play them? I'd like to do more of this but haven't put in the time to find good options. My buddy's bachelor party was cancelled so se tried to find a poker option where we could have a private room then do venmo to settle, but didn't have much luck.

I will say that I have enjoyed the virtual happy hour stuff, but I will cut friends off if they want to do virtual happy hours once the world is normal again.

One of my friends has all of the party packs on jackbox games (https://www.jackboxgames.com/). We do a Google Hangout and then all play on our phones.

We've been doing some jackbox games and getting on a zoom meeting. Have any games on there you recommend? My buddy always picks, we've only played two and one was good, one sucked.

Quiplash
Fibbage
Trivia Murder Party
Split the Room
Guesspionage
Drawful
Tee K.O.

Reactions: Toast.
We've been doing some jackbox games and getting on a zoom meeting. Have any games on there you recommend? My buddy always picks, we've only played two and one was good, one sucked.

this isn’t a bad idea. We play You Don’t Know Jack all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT