ADVERTISEMENT

Has it been posted yet? Danny Manning fired yesterday

The buyout negotiations actually started before the season even concluded. Everyone saw this coming. Looks like the top candidates might be Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Wes Miller (UNCG).

Really sad to see the decline of WFU basketball over the past decade. A lot of NBA talent has come out of Wake - Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, Josh Howard, and Jeff Teague. What's really hurting Wake is the turnover rate. Not only are they losing transfers left and right, but they're also losing underclassmen, who aren't serious NBA prospects, that elect to start their professional careers. Guys like Doral Moore, Bryrant Crawford, and now Chaundee Brown, would rather play overseas than stay at Wake for an additional year. Manning was a decent recruiter, but the continuity was just never there. Hopefully the next coach is more successful at retaining the valuable pieces.

Reactions: tw3301
The buyout negotiations actually started before the season even concluded. Everyone saw this coming. Looks like the top candidates might be Steve Forbes (ETSU) and Wes Miller (UNCG).

Really sad to see the decline of WFU basketball over the past decade. A lot of NBA talent has come out of Wake - Tim Duncan, Chris Paul, Josh Howard, and Jeff Teague. What's really hurting Wake is the turnover rate. Not only are they losing transfers left and right, but they're also losing underclassmen, who aren't serious NBA prospects, that elect to start their professional careers. Guys like Doral Moore, Bryrant Crawford, and now Chaundee Brown, would rather play overseas than stay at Wake for an additional year. Manning was a decent recruiter, but the continuity was just never there. Hopefully the next coach is more successful at retaining the valuable pieces.

When Skip Prosser passed away suddenly was the beginning but I thought Dino Gaudio was doing a good job as his replacement. Rumor has it that WF brought out Manning for 15 million but why didn’t they fire him after the season was cancelled is beyond me.

Reactions: dukedevilz
When Skip Prosser passed away suddenly was the beginning but I thought Dino Gaudio was doing a good job as his replacement. Rumor has it that WF brought out Manning for 15 million but why didn’t they fire him after the season was cancelled is beyond me.
Jesus Christ, $15 million!? That's insane, someone give me the WF job I guarantee i can't do any worse and i'll do it for $14 million.

Jesus Christ, $15 million!? That's insane, someone give me the WF job I guarantee i can't do any worse and i'll do it for $14 million.

No doubt. I thought they negotiated some sort of 'with cause' sort of departure though where he didn't get nearly that much.

No doubt. I thought they negotiated some sort of 'with cause' sort of departure though where he didn't get nearly that much.
I haven't heard any of that. What would the cause be? If they just fired him for sucking as a head coach and not doing anything shady or unethical, he's getting his $15 million.

I haven't heard any of that. What would the cause be? If they just fired him for sucking as a head coach and not doing anything shady or unethical, he's getting his $15 million.

Most definitely. Local sports radio here had WF's AD on and he was told by the school not to comment on the buy out. Attendance had dipped to an all time low since Manning got there so his firing was bound to happen but many question the timing, it should of been done 2 months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Most definitely. Local sports radio here had WF's AD on and he was told by the school not to comment on the buy out. Attendance had dipped to an all time low since Manning got there so his firing was bound to happen but many question the timing, it should of been done 2 months ago.
Yeah, the timing is bizarre.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT