ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone else watched Cobra kai?

jace46555

Jan 7, 2006
For anyone who doesn't know, it's a follow up to the Karate kid films. It has both the main character, Daniel and the bad guy from the 1st one in it. I really didn't expect much from it, but I was shocked by how good it was! Personally, I think its hands down the best show of the year.

The only downside is that it's on YouTube Red, which is another pay streaming service like Netflix. But, the first 2 episodes are free and then you get a free month when you sign up. So you have plenty of time to watch all 10 episodes before you have to pay any thing.

I seriously couldn't recommend it enough!

Never heard of it. Is it, like, a documentary, or different actors playing Daniel and Johnny finishing high school, or the original guys in their 40s raising their families and doing restorative justice therapy together or what?

Never heard of it. Is it, like, a documentary, or different actors playing Daniel and Johnny finishing high school, or the original guys in their 40s raising their families and doing restorative justice therapy together or what?
guys in their 40s.

I've seen all 10 episodes, and enjoyed them very much. It's great follow up as to what happened to them after the big match. I watched the 2 free episodes them used the free month to watch the others. Each episode is about 25 minuets. I recommend them. The production, acting, and writing is much better than the movie ever was.

Season 2 is already in the works

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

It's the original guys and it's based off of Johnny now. Hes not had the best life since then and its about him moving forward in life. Go to YouTube and watch the trailers.

I can say enough, it's a great show. I conned my wife and 19 yr and 15 yr old kids to watch 2 episodes. After the 2 episodes ended they all got mad at me when I was going to turn it off. They ended up watching all 10 episodes in one sitting for the next 5 hours.

I've seen all 10 episodes, and enjoyed them very much. It's great follow up as to what happened to them after the big match. I watched the 2 free episodes them used the free month to watch the others. Each episode is about 25 minuets. I recommend them. The production, acting, and writing is much better than the movie ever was.

Season 2 is already in the works

I agree, and I'm really looking forward to season 2!

just sign up for the free trial and then immediately cancel it after you sign up. It still gives you the full 30 days free even though you already canceled it.
I’m on it.

Be sure to come back and let me know how you liked it. I think you're going to be shocked by how good season 1 was. Its actually got a 100% rating on rotten tomatoes which is something that I've never seen happen before. Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think I've anyone say they didn't love it.

I watched the first few episodes they offered for free via Preview on YouTube.

Thought was low key good.. wasn’t expecting much and actually got into it. Plus the whole nostalgia factor. I’ll def finish the season.

I watched the first few episodes they offered for free via Preview on YouTube.

Thought was low key good.. wasn’t expecting much and actually got into it. Plus the whole nostalgia factor. I’ll def finish the season.
imo around episode 4 is when it really took off. The first 3 episodes were good, but the last 6 or 7 were phenomenal.

half of the series was good and the other half mind numbing bad.

you can definitely tell how the show only got youtube to buy it.

What in the world are you talking about? They had offers from Netflix, hulu, Amazon, AMC, FX, NBC and HBO.

If you Google "cobra kai reviews " you will be the only person who didn't like it on the first 3 pages.

Reactions: pisgah101
I went in expecting it to be horrible after I watched 1st trailer. I figured they were going to make it brutally corny, but was shocked by how good it was. I seriously think it's the best show I've watched in a couple of years.
I liked how they basically touch on everything from KK 1. All same actors/actress, same storyline, some humor or flipping the storyline ie flipping the roles of the villain/hero.

I went in expecting it to be horrible after I watched 1st trailer. I figured they were going to make it brutally corny, but was shocked by how good it was. I seriously think it's the best show I've watched in a couple of years.
I liked how they basically touch on everything from KK 1. All same actors/actress, same storyline, some humor or flipping the storyline ie flipping the roles of the villain/hero.

Yup...I really liked how there isn't any good or bad guys here. Everyone is just like you'd expect in the real world and live in more of a grayish world.

ADVERTISEMENT