ADVERTISEMENT

Halftime: Rutgers 31 - Eastern Michigan 4

Damn, that's worse than when UK held UCLA to 7 points recently. I didn't think that would be beat, but here were are.

Last edited:
I posted this on the other thread:

At the end of the 1979 season, the Tar Heels hit the road to face rival Duke, in a game that set the game of basketball back to about five minutes after Naismith put up the first peach basket. North Carolina had defeated Duke 74-68 earlier in the season. Yet in the rematch in Durham, Smith's troops held the ball. And held the ball. Then held it some more. Duke scored after gaining the tip, surging to a 2-0 lead. The Tar Heels held the ball for the next 11 minutes. The reason? Smith wanted Duke to come out of its 2-3 zone. The Dukies finally deflected a pass but after inbounding the ball, North Carolina held it for two more minutes, before turning it over. Mike Gminski hit a free throw to make it 3-0 with 5:43 remaining.

The Blue Devils added a pair of field goals before the buzzer and went into halftime leading 7-0. North Carolina took two shots in the first half, including a half-courter at the buzzer. Neither hit the rim. The first, by Rich Yonakor, led to the Duke crowd chanting "airball." Basketball historians who specialize in such trivial matters, believe that's the first time a crowd chanted "airball." Considering the Tar Heels entered the game ranked fourth in the nation, it should have also turned into the first game where a crowd chanted "overrated."

In the second half Carolina played a real game, but still lost, 47-40.

Guess this shows how overrated Duke really is. Makes me feel better.

Honestly, kind of surprising. EMU has experienced guys like Paul Jackson, James Thompson, and Elijah Minnie. In the MAC Preseason Basketball Poll, Eastern Michigan was predicted to win the West Division. Not sure why they're sucking so much.... they seem to turn the ball over a lot.

Honestly, kind of surprising. EMU has experienced guys like Paul Jackson, James Thompson, and Elijah Minnie. In the MAC Preseason Basketball Poll, Eastern Michigan was predicted to win the West Division. Not sure why they're sucking so much.... they seem to turn the ball over a lot.
Credit to Rutgers?

Reactions: sport2231
I don’t know about the EMU team that well but they just seemed to lack any length. I was watching on my phone while multi tasking so can’t completely break it down but it was like we were always a step ahead on defense by the basket and they just had to chuck it up because one of our big guys just had dominate position down low

Combine that with just historically bad luck shooting (some should accidentally go in) and it totaled 4

ADVERTISEMENT