ADVERTISEMENT

Guns

I don't mean to say this to offend, but do you have fantasies (not sexual folks) about killing other people in "justice" situations.

I didn’t see this before... but sure, I think lots of people have “fantasies” about that sort of thing. I mean, it doesn’t mean you are touching yourself to it or that you actually want it to HAPPEN, but human beings fantasize about a lot of stuff, all the time, and I think plenty of people have imagined what it would be like to step up in a situation and save people. I think that’s really natural.

Would love to be able to discuss guns without it being about politics, but some people just cannot help themselves.
What’s even scarier is the fact that he held office in his little butt**** town.

So here’s a question, to avoid what should just be a fun conversation being overcome by politics… If money was not an object, and you can get anything you want… What gun do you buy?

Several years ago Gun Broker had Robert Stack'a 1947 12 gauge Browning Superposed for sale for $75,000. Thing had 2 sets of barrels, all the script you could imagine, and was just beautiful.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I don't mean to say this to offend, but do you have fantasies (not sexual folks) about killing other people in "justice" situations.

I have a close friend that decided to "get away from it all" several years ago. He bought a little cabin out in the middle of no where close to the Kentucky River. Planted a garden, killed a beef, a hog, and bought a bunch other stuff. I visited him many times for the first couple of years. It was restful being down there.

He is a painter, and he got a lot of his work done there. One night he was sitting on the edge of his bed when all hell broke loose in the rear of his place. He got his double barrel and went to the door. He told me that he would see they were about to break down his door.

He yelled at them that if the door came down he was going to shoot whatever was on the other side. They left.. He told me that he still wasn't certain he could have pulled the trigger. I have since wondered if I was the only person in the house if I could have either.

Years ago I stopped a burglar that was trying to get in a neighbor's home. I had a gun, but didn't think about firing it since the guy was running off. I gave hie a good cussing, warned him to stay out of our neighborhood, got his car's tag # and called the cops. He is still in jail.

I don't wear depends. But are you off diapers yet?

But I bet you do not know one damned person who thinks like that. You say it but you sure as hell don't know it. If you know them then you need to call the police.
My uncle does Burt. My other uncle does Burt. A high school teammate does Burt. You have no idea. Just because you don't want it to be true, doesn't make it not true.

Reactions: UL_1986
I think it depends on what you consider "fantasize". Lots of gun owners think and plan about what to do in a situation of a home burglary, robbery, etc... but I don't know any that WANT that scenario to happen.
Oh no, not that. My brother is like that. He's a very responsible gun owner. He has a plan, not a fantasy. He would enjoy none of it, but would protect his family as needed. I also believe this is the vast majority of gun owners.

I support 2A. I also think like a lot of things in the constitution were made to be interpreted. From what I have read, the constitutional framers were very smart and forward thinking, no infallible, but they made a document that can (and has) lasted centuries through changing times and interpretations. But people undoubtedly have the right to own guns and other small arms.

My uncle does Burt. My other uncle does Burt. A high school teammate does Burt. You have no idea. Just because you don't want it to be true, doesn't make it not true.
My name is Bert. Not Burt. Can't you look at my name and type the U instead of E? Holy shit.

I don't wear depends. I may be 74 but I do not wear depends. Why are you so anti-mature folks?

Last edited:
Oh no, not that. My brother is like that. He's a very responsible gun owner. He has a plan, not a fantasy. He would enjoy none of it, but would protect his family as needed. I also believe this is the vast majority of gun owners.

I support 2A. I also think like a lot of things in the constitution were made to be interpreted. From what I have read, the constitutional framers were very smart and forward thinking, no infallible, but they made a document that can (and has) lasted centuries through changing times and interpretations. But people undoubtedly have the right to own guns and other small arms.
Bull shit.

Ran 100 rounds through some of my guns today. I sucked. Hadn't shot any in a year. Shot my 22AR. . Shot the over/under 410 for first time. Shot my 2 9mm s. Like I said, I sucked.

Doesn't make any difference if you suck. Did you enjoy? I began shoot sports over 65 years ago. I was introduced to it by my father, grandfather, several uncles, and many cousins. We all learned gun safety. The younger folks like me learned how to maintain a firearm, and sportsmanship in the field. I learned about life and how to get along with my fellow man hanging around with those people and their friends. Also learned about filleting fish, skinning rabbits and squirrels, poker, betting on the horses, pitching horseshoes, and cooking a little bit.

Still get together with 5-6 of them every September for a dove shoot. Last couple of years us old guys sit in the shade and tell lies to one another. My gun hasn't come to my shoulder.

Doesn't make any difference if you suck. Did you enjoy? I began shoot sports over 65 years ago. I was introduced to it by my father, grandfather, several uncles, and many cousins. We all learned gun safety. The younger folks like me learned how to maintain a firearm, and sportsmanship in the field. I learned about life and how to get along with my fellow man hanging around with those people and their friends. Also learned about filleting fish, skinning rabbits and squirrels, poker, betting on the horses, pitching horseshoes, and cooking a little bit.

Still get together with 5-6 of them every September for a dove shoot. Last couple of years us old guys sit in the shade and tell lies to one another. My gun hasn't come to my shoulder.
Yeah, it was a very hot, but good time. Was by myself though. Wish my son had been around.

Reactions: Yellow Man
If money wasn’t an issue I’d have a m98 bravo.

Also I’m not nexcearily talking about if Biden or trump wins. I’m saying there will
Be uproar either way. Also democrats have proven they will do ANYTHING to hurt Trump. Also I expect riots the day trump is announced as winner.

I think someone already mentioned it, but money not involved, this is my first purchase

images

Barrett M82A1

AKA the Barrett .50 cal

It has been my favorite gun for a long time

I think someone already mentioned it, but money not involved, this is my first purchase

images

Barrett M82A1

AKA the Barrett .50 cal

It has been my favorite gun for a long time
Holy shit, OK I'm not a gun guy , but I would like to see that shoot a watermelon or idk really . Holy christ.

So how random is this?!

Here is video of my college roommate, doing sound recording at his vacation house for the upcoming Halo game. Turns out he is the Principal Software Engineering Lead (I didn't know his exact title)... and he has a lot of guns, which I knew;)

I have a Daisy 22. Might have been one of the least expensive guns ever made. Until I saw it, I was unaware that Daisy even ventured outside of air rifles. I found it in several pieces and just kept it for several years. One night my brother in law and I were talking and I told him about it. He took it with him when he left. A week or so later he returned with it. He had reassembled it by making parts that were broken or missing. I wanted him to keep it, but he insisted I take it back. Slick little bolt action.

My go to up close and personal weapons of choice are a hammer and a hand axe.

Thinking about getting an sccy cpx-2 9mm for carry. Small footprint, no safety and extremely reliable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT