ADVERTISEMENT

Guns

A French naval pistol, huh? Guarantee that thing was in mint condition when you got it! Laughing
I get the joke, and it's kind of funny , but the French army, until World War II, was considered the greatest land army in the world for a couple hundred years prior. France got destroyed in WWI, almost all the fighting was just inside their country. They weren't ready for WW II and wouldn't be for another 10 years probably, but they didn't have the time and got surprised but a very good German plan of attack. Blitzkrieg was dominant early in the war.

I have no real interest in guns either and find shooting them extremely boring. I also don't hunt or anything. I'm sure many feel the same about golf though, which is my money sucking habit. However, I couldn't care less that people own guns and love the fact people hunt because I enjoy eating meat.

Pretty much this! I use to hunt a little but never really got into it much. I’d rather be golfing any day of the week. Golf is what I spend most of my money on and I’m actually looking into One of those golf simulators to go in my garage. I know they can get pricey but I would be happy with a cheap one.

Don't have a gun, but would like one. If one of you has an extra you're not using can you send it to me?

c34acdf67fdf27e00b0396ab8b94f5d2.png

I don't understand gun culture at all, but support the 2nd Amendment as you all do, at least for the most part. I'd like to require licensed training for some weapons, but other than that I think where the limit on arms that can be owned isn't in a terrible place. I have shot guns at targets before, but I don't at all get a rush from it, not any more than something like darts. So very liberal guy here who supports 2A rights (but not say as much as 1A or some of the others), but just doesn't get shooting, or even hunting that much (not against responsible hunting at all.)
What draws you to it?
It’s fun aiming at a small spot from hundreds of yards away. Kind of like golf

Received my first gun (20 gauge single shot) over 65 years ago. Did a lot of rabbit, squirrel, dove, duck, and quail hunting over the years. Quit hunting 30 years ago.

Was introduced to trap and skeet shooting soon after I got my first shotgun. Still shoot a lot of trap and 5 stand targets, and have belonged to the same shooting club for many years.

Keep a Tarus Judge on my night stand and a Mossberg 12 gauge with a 20" barrel and 8 shots in it in the corner of the bedroom. Don't want to shoot at something inside my home that might go thru a couple of walls and hit something I care about.

Carry a little 7 shot 380. My theory is you empty the gun at whatever you are shooting at, throw it, and run like hell.

If I counted the firearms I own it would take a while.

Received my first gun (20 gauge single shot) over 65 years ago. Did a lot of rabbit, squirrel, dove, duck, and quail hunting over the years. Quit hunting 30 years ago.

Was introduced to trap and skeet shooting soon after I got my first shotgun. Still shoot a lot of trap and 5 stand targets, and have belonged to the same shooting club for many years.

Keep a Tarus Judge on my night stand and a Mossberg 12 gauge with a 20" barrel and 8 shots in it in the corner of the bedroom. Don't want to shoot at something inside my home that might go thru a couple of walls and hit something I care about.

Carry a little 7 shot 380. My theory is you empty the gun at whatever you are shooting at, throw it, and run like hell.

If I counted the firearms I own it would take a while.
I like that Yellow Man.

I want a clone of the Mossberg 12 you have!

Everyone says the 380 just pisses people off, but I want to see someone happy after being shot with one. I have been shot with a bb and it hurts. I sure as hell don't want to be the target for a .22 forget about anything bigger.

Reactions: Yellow Man
I have a s&w snub .38 that I keep in my nightstand next to my bed.

Who are you taking about?

I think that is stupid that you may think that a "normal" person has fantasies about killing folks.

Are you that damned liberal?
uh Bert before you get your depends up in a twist, I know gun owners like this. it's why I asked.

Reactions: UL_1986
I like that Yellow Man.

I want a clone of the Mossberg 12 you have!

Everyone says the 380 just pisses people off, but I want to see someone happy after being shot with one. I have been shot with a bb and it hurts. I sure as hell don't want to be the target for a .22 forget about anything bigger.

I've had it for 15-20 years. Has a fold down stock on it, and just like most Mossies it's damn near indestructible . I have # 8 shot low powder loaded in it.

To me the whole idea of a concealed carry is to let folks know they are not dealing with a pushover. I have some 45's that can bring hellfire and damnation into play, but they would wear me out carrying them around. I hope I never have to pull one out, but I want that option.

That Tarus Judge is great for a vehicle imo. Shoots 410 and 45 long Colts. I keep mine set to fire the 410 rounds first. The long Colt is the last out of the barrel.

I suggest with what’s coming down the pipe aka when trump wins in November that every one own a gun and learn to Efficiently use it. 2016-present day has been bad what do you think November-2024 Will hold? This isn’t Coming from a pro trump Or a pro Biden person. I am pro freedom and neither of these guys offer much of that

I don't understand gun culture at all, but support the 2nd Amendment as you all do, at least for the most part. I'd like to require licensed training for some weapons, but other than that I think where the limit on arms that can be owned isn't in a terrible place. I have shot guns at targets before, but I don't at all get a rush from it, not any more than something like darts. So very liberal guy here who supports 2A rights (but not say as much as 1A or some of the others), but just doesn't get shooting, or even hunting that much (not against responsible hunting at all.)
What draws you to it?
I have always loved shooting starting with a single shot 22 rifle mom gave me when I was 14. I still love shooting, however, nowadays it is more for practice then fun. Something about knowing I have the skill to put a small bullet into a small target at distance. I do not hunt these days either, but still own guns for hunting IF the need ever arises. The rest of my guns are for self protection, the world has gone crazy the last 50 years. I am too old to fight off anyone now, but still good enough to blow someones head off if need be. Sadly, if you need to call 911, by the time a cop gets there, whatever was going to happen has happened already, I perfer my story being the only one told.

I suggest with what’s coming down the pipe aka when trump wins in November that every one own a gun and learn to Efficiently use it. 2016-present day has been bad what do you think November-2024 Will hold? This isn’t Coming from a pro trump Or a pro Biden person. I am pro freedom and neither of these guys offer much of that
I will keep it simple:

Trump is pro gun, pro cop and pro business. Have you check out you 401k lately.
Biden is anti gun, anti cop and anti business. If Biden wins sell all you stock.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I will keep it simple:

Biden is anti gun, anti cop and anti business. If Biden wins sell all you stock.

Oh god, you are so dumb.

Look what’s going on today. Unmarked federal officers sweeping up citizens with no identification or crime committed. Elected state officials clashing with the federal government regarding law enforcement. Career law enforcement officers and service men and women chased out of their jobs. Whistleblowers punished. Generals speaking out. People properly found guilty of crimes by our legal system pardoned. Chaos in the streets. DOW only up about 6500 points total, so about 30 percent. Meanwhile the historically-massive national debt is as large as the entire economy of China, Japan, and Germany combined, and the President has gone golfing 264 days.

That’s literally Donald Trumps America. Literally. Not sure if you are a “buck stops here” type or if you are more like the President, a “I don’t take responsibility at all” type, but whatever, that’s with Trump as our leader.

What happened when Biden, who just recently said “I do not support defunding police. The better answer is to give police departments the resources they need to implement meaningful reforms,” was Vice President of the United States?

Housing market up thirty percent, DOW up roughly 60 percent, S&P up 70 percent, murder rates fell to historic lows, Bin Laden dead... oh, and the only gun laws signed EXPANDED gun ownership rights by allowed people to carry in national parks and in their suitcases on the train.

Oh no, reality!

Not sure if you were always dumb and afraid and bought every bit of propaganda you read, or if it is just since you got so old... that’s sort of how old people are, so it’s okay.

Anyway... guns are fun.

Last edited:

Jeez, drama much? We will be fine come November.

So here’s a question, to avoid what should just be a fun conversation being overcome by politics… If money was not an object, and you can get anything you want… What gun do you buy?

What's wrong with the movie? I love it

The Patriot?!

OK, so here’s the thing… Not only am I a harsh movie critic, I’m a guy with a Brown Bess hanging on my wall. Do you really want me to go off about it’s portrayal of Cornwallis and Tarleton?:)

Historical issues aside, it was just an insanely ridiculous cheesy movie. Like, so over the top and stupid. That little girl not talking, him taking out an entire British column, the bad guys being so completely evil... and that annoying ****ing guy who was his best friend, with that laugh? I was straight up glad when he killed himself. Again, I own it, and I’ve probably watched it 100 times... and that movie was terrible :)

Btw, one vs one, Kong totally takes Godzilla. Just FYI.

The Patriot?!

OK, so here’s the thing… Not only am I a harsh movie critic, I’m a guy with a Brown Bess hanging on my wall. Do you really want me to go off about it’s portrayal of Cornwallis and Tarleton?:)

Historical issues aside, it was just an insanely ridiculous cheesy movie. Like, so over the top and stupid. That little girl not talking, him taking out an entire British column, the bad guys being so completely evil... and that annoying ****ing guy who was his best friend, with that laugh? I was straight up glad when he killed himself. Again, I own it, and I’ve probably watched it 100 times... and that movie was terrible :)

Btw, one vs one, Kong totally takes Godzilla. Just FYI.
It’s a great movie. Stop being a British sympathizer.

Have I spoiled the movie for you yet? I wasn’t going if Kong was the winner. I read so many comments online saying the same thing from other Godzilla nerds. The movie was doomed if Kong won simply due to how many more diehard fans the big G has

Reactions: TheDude1
So here’s a question, to avoid what should just be a fun conversation being overcome by politics… If money was not an object, and you can get anything you want… What gun do you buy?

Crazy list-
Barret M107A1. (50 cal rifle)
50 AE Desert Eagle (gold tiger stripe just because)
Remington M24. Military version of the 700, but better.

What I would actually buy if I were buying anything-
CZ shadow 2 9mm. Competition pistol.
FN Ps90. Own a five seven, so it makes sense.
Springfield M1a.

Crazy list-
Barret M107A1. (50 cal rifle)
50 AE Desert Eagle (gold tiger stripe just because)
Remington M24. Military version of the 700, but better.

What I would actually buy if I were buying anything-
CZ shadow 2 9mm. Competition pistol.
FN Ps90. Own a five seven, so it makes sense.
Springfield M1a.

Nice:)

I'd pick up a Thompson and an MG42.

MG42-1.jpg

thompson-submachine-gun-side-view.jpg

It’s a great movie. Stop being a British sympathizer.

Have I spoiled the movie for you yet? I wasn’t going if Kong was the winner. I read so many comments online saying the same thing from other Godzilla nerds. The movie was doomed if Kong won simply due to how many more diehard fans the big G has

Dude, I'm a Loyalist through and through:)

And no, there is no ruining it... as long as big monsters smash shit, I'm good.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Oh, and I know I've shared photos of my man cave, but not sure if I've ever shared photos of my buddys man cave? Gun folks will enjoy. IIRC everything is original except the Rev War uniform, the flags, the drum, and the Viking helmet.

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

He also has a massive number of modern weapons, but no photos.

I will keep it simple:

Lol this is probably the dumbest post I’ve read in quite some time. No wonder you steer clear of the political thread. Big yikes.

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
Oh god, you are so dumb.

Look what’s going on today. Unmarked federal officers sweeping up citizens with no identification or crime committed. Elected state officials clashing with the federal government regarding law enforcement. Career law enforcement officers and service men and women chased out of their jobs. Whistleblowers punished. Generals speaking out. People properly found guilty of crimes by our legal system pardoned. Chaos in the streets. DOW only up about 6500 points total, so about 30 percent. Meanwhile the historically-massive national debt is as large as the entire economy of China, Japan, and Germany combined, and the President has gone golfing 264 days.

That’s literally Donald Trumps America. Literally. Not sure if you are a “buck stops here” type or if you are more like the President, a “I don’t take responsibility at all” type, but whatever, that’s with Trump as our leader.

What happened when Biden, who just recently said “I do not support defunding police. The better answer is to give police departments the resources they need to implement meaningful reforms,” was Vice President of the United States?

Housing market up thirty percent, DOW up roughly 60 percent, S&P up 70 percent, murder rates fell to historic lows, Bin Laden dead... oh, and the only gun laws signed EXPANDED gun ownership rights by allowed people to carry in national parks and in their suitcases on the train.

Oh no, reality!

Not sure if you were always dumb and afraid and bought every bit of propaganda you read, or if it is just since you got so old... that’s sort of how old people are, so it’s okay.

Anyway... guns are fun.
Enough of these facts.

Reactions: anon_65nwv98c2idwc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT