ADVERTISEMENT

GT big man Moses Wright guarantees win vs Duke tonight

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke

“We [Georgia Tech] definitely hang our heads on the Duke loss, because we felt like….well, we don’t feel like. We know we are a better team compared to Duke, so, ain’t gonna sugarcoat that one,” Wright said.

He's not wrong since we suck but damn I miss the days when teams use to fear playing Duke. Hope we can make him and that cocky Alvarado cry on Senior Night tonight lol.

Meh Duke is pretty terrible this year so it isn't like this is some big prediction. If they lose to a barely above .500 duke team at home with their tourney shot on the line, it would be a much bigger story.

He's probably reminded frequently that GT has lost 14 straight to Duke. He's a senior and he doesn't want to go winless against Duke in his career. Duke and Virginia are the only two ACC schools he's never beaten. FWIW, GT has a better resume - and they're at home. They've also won four straight. So, they should be the favorites. Fairly evenly matched. I would still give a slight edge to GT, though.

Reactions: Villian07
The Moses Wright - Mark Williams matchup tonight should be a really good one. I like GT in this one though. Louisville's guards owned Duke and I think GT's guards will do the same. Hurt will get his but I'm not sure who else will step up for Duke. Duke is playing better but I'm not sure they're tough enough to win this one on the road. Big game though.

Reactions: bignish
The Moses Wright - Mark Williams matchup tonight should be a really good one. I like GT in this one though. Louisville's guards owned Duke and I think GT's guards will do the same. Hurt will get his but I'm not sure who else will step up for Duke. Duke is playing better but I'm not sure they're tough enough to win this one on the road. Big game though.
We need out guards to play better, a lot better. We'll see if they're up to the task.

Reactions: jhmossy
Duke falls apart this time of every game. The games they've won, they just had a big enough lead to hold on. The worst finishing Duke team I have ever seen.

Guarantees are silly. They don't mean anything and bulletin board material is nonsense. I've never really understood a player doing it though. Wright is a heck of a player regardless.

Looks like he might fulfill his promise. Got to think Duke will likely need to win the ACCT now to make the dance, regardless of what happens in the UNC game.

Turned it back. Duke had tied it to my surprise. GT gives Duke a chance they didn't deserve and they blow it by shooting a 3 when they only needed a point. That's today's basketball. All game winners have to be 3 pointers.
They were up 8 with like 2 minutes left and I wrote Duke off. Bad mistake trusting that Pastner would close it out. 😆

giphy.gif

In ACC competition, Duke is 6-0 in games decided by 10 points or more... and we're 3-8 in single-digit games. Frustrating. We royally suck at making big plays down the stretch of close games.

In ACC competition, Duke is 6-0 in games decided by 10 points or more... and we're 3-8 in single-digit games. Frustrating. We royally suck at making big plays down the stretch of close games.
Yes. As I said yesterday, this may be the worst finishing Duke team I've ever watched. We have a knack for going against what has worked. The other night Hurt made 16 of the 26 shots Duke made the entire game. So what did we do? Stop feeding him the ball. Last night we were having success driving and passing under the basket. So what did we do? Start jacking up 3's. It also helps when we don't dribble the ball off our own feet or throw it away to the other team.

Reactions: dukedevilz
You should post a few of them here. That sounds hilarious.

Had to look it up. I think this is it. @Villian07 Let us know if there are others similar posts. Good stuff.

If you've read the site for any period of time, you probably know how I feel about Josh Pastner, the Memphis State turned Georgia Tech head coach who has a tendency to say things that sound an awful lot like something Michael Scott from "The Office" might say.

With Louisville set to take on Pastner's Yellow Jackets Thursday night, what better time to bust out the definitive "Did Josh Pastner or Michael Scott say this" quiz.

1. "It was quick. It happened within hours. There was no time to dilly-dally around. It was A to B to C to D to E within hours."

2. "Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I'll have no idea where I'm going."

3. "No, I never visited the campus. But I've got good instincts on stuff, and this one felt totally right."

4. "Go fly a kite and take a hike."

5. "We were very undisciplined, and I don't like that because I like discipline."

6. "I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do."

7. "Sometimes you just have to be the boss of dancing."

8. "It's only unthinkable if you don't think it."

9. "My mind was going a mile an hour."

10. "You can always look at the glass half empty or half full. I like to look at it as overflowing."

11. "You're just being a Negative Nellie. We need more Positive Pauls."

12. "You can't put words back in your mouth."

13. "I don't hate it, I just don't like it at all, and it's terrible."

14. "All wins are great. Winning is hard. If I could hug a win, I would hug it. You can't hug a win, but I'd really like to."

15. "I have never out-coached anyone. Ever. I have probably been out-coached, though."

16. "When I am playing hoops all of the stress and responsibility of my job here just melts away. It's gone, I'm in the zone."

17. "Everything is black and white, there is no gray area. I don't believe gray exists."

18. "When I discovered YouTube, I didn't work for five days."

19. "We're going through a little bit of a rough patch. The whole year, actually."

20. "My first question to anyone I might hire is, ‘Do you golf?' If they say, ‘Yes,' you can't work for me."

My current favorite thing about Pastner is that he thinks that the ACC should get 11 teams into the Dance. You need to be on some serious drugs to even say that garbage. If he truly believes it, he's certifiably insane.

Had to look it up. I think this is it. @Villian07 Let us know if there are others similar posts. Good stuff.

If you've read the site for any period of time, you probably know how I feel about Josh Pastner, the Memphis State turned Georgia Tech head coach who has a tendency to say things that sound an awful lot like something Michael Scott from "The Office" might say.

With Louisville set to take on Pastner's Yellow Jackets Thursday night, what better time to bust out the definitive "Did Josh Pastner or Michael Scott say this" quiz.

1. "It was quick. It happened within hours. There was no time to dilly-dally around. It was A to B to C to D to E within hours."

2. "Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I'll have no idea where I'm going."

3. "No, I never visited the campus. But I've got good instincts on stuff, and this one felt totally right."

4. "Go fly a kite and take a hike."

5. "We were very undisciplined, and I don't like that because I like discipline."

6. "I knew exactly what to do. But in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do."

7. "Sometimes you just have to be the boss of dancing."

8. "It's only unthinkable if you don't think it."

9. "My mind was going a mile an hour."

10. "You can always look at the glass half empty or half full. I like to look at it as overflowing."

11. "You're just being a Negative Nellie. We need more Positive Pauls."

12. "You can't put words back in your mouth."

13. "I don't hate it, I just don't like it at all, and it's terrible."

14. "All wins are great. Winning is hard. If I could hug a win, I would hug it. You can't hug a win, but I'd really like to."

15. "I have never out-coached anyone. Ever. I have probably been out-coached, though."

16. "When I am playing hoops all of the stress and responsibility of my job here just melts away. It's gone, I'm in the zone."

17. "Everything is black and white, there is no gray area. I don't believe gray exists."

18. "When I discovered YouTube, I didn't work for five days."

19. "We're going through a little bit of a rough patch. The whole year, actually."

20. "My first question to anyone I might hire is, ‘Do you golf?' If they say, ‘Yes,' you can't work for me."
I am guessing Pastner said all of them.

My current favorite thing about Pastner is that he thinks that the ACC should get 11 teams into the Dance. You need to be on some serious drugs to even say that garbage. If he truly believes it, he's certifiably insane.

How long you been back on here?

Wright and Alvarado are punks. Wright will not make it in the league. His best move is a dunk or a wide open 3. Alvarado is just a typical player and relies on nothing but emotion.

Wright and Alvarado are punks. Wright will not make it in the league. His best move is a dunk or a wide open 3. Alvarado is just a typical player and relies on nothing but emotion.
Alvarado is averaging 16 pts, 4 assists, and 3.5 boards on that emotion.

In the "player trade" thread, I actually mentioned Alvarado as the player I would want to acquire in a trade.
Sharife Cooper was lower rated in HS than Jeremy, can you imagine if we had him instead of Roach?

Long story short, our freshmen just aren't that good. We're used to Cade Cunningham and Evan Mobley level OADs on our team.

We need out guards to play better, a lot better. We'll see if they're up to the task.
Update: They were not up to the task and played like crap. We deserve to go to the NIT now.

Sharife Cooper was lower rated in HS than Jeremy, can you imagine if we had him instead of Roach?

Long story short, our freshmen just aren't that good. We're used to Cade Cunningham and Evan Mobley level OADs on our team.
I know the feeling. I'll see your Jeremy Roach and raise you Devin Askew.

Update: They were not up to the task and played like crap. We deserve to go to the NIT now.

Roach and Brakefield were good against UVA and have been pretty meh ever since. Maybe it was just a boost in their play since it was VA guys playing against UVA. Still pissed we lost to this Duke team lol

I'm more than okay not having a OAD like Cooper. He's talented, just not crazy about an effective fg percentage below 43% - not to mention the 4 turnovers a game.

Next year should be better. I expect all of our starters to return, except Hurt. Throw in two top-10 recruits, and possibly another 5-star kid in Trevor Keels. We'll be a formidable opponent next season.

Reactions: Afamu and jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT