ADVERTISEMENT

Grifters

Villian07

Aug 11, 2015
I hate all this conf realignment stuff, but the thing i think i hate the most is how many “grifters” are gonna get grandfathered into these two new superconferences, who dont win ish in basketball or football, and mainly never have.

Obviously vandy is my first gripe(spare me the baseball talk, if baseball mattered the big 10 wouldnt even be making superconference movers

next is northwestern and then rutgers. Rutgers was decent in football under schiani when they had ray rice an company, since then nadda. NW hasnt been very good in either conf.

so while we go national powerhouses/bluebloods that are gonna be possibly scrambling for a conference like say kansas. U got teams like vandy/NW/and Rutgers who already have an (undeserved) seat at the big boy table.

the only real way to do this right imo is having a soccer style regulation system. Make vandy spend aome money and improve their revenue sports or get kicked the f out. I know the greed in america would never alow that to happen though.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I hate all this conf realignment stuff, but the thing i think i hate the most is how many “grifters” are gonna get grandfathered into these two new superconferences, who dont win ish in basketball or football, and mainly never have.

Obviously vandy is my first gripe(spare me the baseball talk, if baseball mattered the big 10 wouldnt even be making superconference movers

next is northwestern and then rutgers. Rutgers was decent in football under schiani when they had ray rice an company, since then nadda. NW hasnt been very good in either conf.

so while we go national powerhouses/bluebloods that are gonna be possibly scrambling for a conference like say kansas. U got teams like vandy/NW/and Rutgers who already have an (undeserved) seat at the big boy table.

the only real way to do this right imo is having a soccer style regulation system. Make vandy spend aome money and improve their revenue sports or get kicked the f out. I know the greed in america would never alow that to happen though.
Sankey is pushing all the sec schools to improve facilities and improve all sports programs. Vandy is lagging behind. Every other school is making an effort. And modify a facilites rule to get rid of that damned basketball court. Vandy belongs in the ivy league.

Reactions: Villian07
You hate grifters, but all teams in the SEC love gifters. Vandy gifts wins to pretty much every team. So they will always welcome them. Face it, no team wants to be in a conference with 12 or 15 Alabama's, Georgia's, LSUs, etc....

It’s been like 5 years. I need my nutrients boys. Promise I’ll be cordial..

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
This is such a flawed mindset, and part of the reason the Big Ten is a step ahead. Northwestern and Rutgers are ridiculously valuable to the Big Ten… if they can win a few games and up revenues that way, it’s just gravy.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
It’s been like 5 years. I need my nutrients boys. Promise I’ll be cordial..
simpsons-beg.gif

• Haha
Reactions: UL_1986
You hate grifters, but all teams in the SEC love gifters. Vandy gifts wins to pretty much every team. So they will always welcome them. Face it, no team wants to be in a conference with 12 or 15 Alabama's, Georgia's, LSUs, etc....
I mean the way thibgs are going they obs do. They already had the best/deepest football league by a mile and still added texas and Oklahoma, arguably the top 2 big 12 teams.

now the usc and ucla thing i dont get. Guess its all about tv but how many ppl in LA give a shit about college sports anyways.

This is such a flawed mindset, and part of the reason the Big Ten is a step ahead. Northwestern and Rutgers are ridiculously valuable to the Big Ten… if they can win a few games and up revenues that way, it’s just gravy.
Im just saying they have always (mainly) sucked at both sports, yet they are firmly in one of the two superconferences despite basically accomplishing nothing in either sport ever.

also very much doibt people in chicago care that much about NW or people in NJ/NY care much about rutgers over the pro teams in those areas.

this is so stupid.

Yea, lets' rag on the teams that bust their asses and do it the right way like Northwestern. Sure that makes sense.

And your facts are nonsense. NW has had a lot of football success in the past 20 years AND has had some recent basketball success.

Just because they don't cheat and supply hookers for their recruits doesn't mean they don't belong.

Such a stupid stupid little man no balls post. We are dumber for having read it.

I mean the way thibgs are going they obs do. They already had the best/deepest football league by a mile and still added texas and Oklahoma, arguably the top 2 big 12 teams.

now the usc and ucla thing i dont get. Guess its all about tv but how many ppl in LA give a shit about college sports anyways.

They added two good teams, but they are splitting the conference. Probably east vs west. So Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma, a&m will be one side. Georgia, Florida, maybe LSU on the other.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Im just saying they have always (mainly) sucked at both sports, yet they are firmly in one of the two superconferences despite basically accomplishing nothing in either sport ever.

also very much doibt people in chicago care that much about NW or people in NJ/NY care much about rutgers over the pro teams in those areas.
They don’t, but that’s not the point. Even though there are tons of other Big Ten grads in the Chicago area, it’s a fractured and equal (in numbers) group with very little hometown appeal to casual fans … look at who our papers cover. Without Northwestern (and honestly, more importantly Illinois), I’m not entirely convinced BTN is on all basic cable in the massive Chicago market.

ADVERTISEMENT