ADVERTISEMENT

Great weekend

6 of 7, 5 of 10. 15 of 30. Depends on your time frame. The football series is much closer than basketball, that is a fact.
Only it's NOT 5 of 10. It's 6 of 10 in favor of UofL. And 15-9 in favor of UofL since ANY of us were alive (except Bert maybe. Shhh...don't ell him I said that). :rolleyes:

My bad, point stands. U of L is not miles ahead of Kentucky in anything.
I respectfully disagree. Take a look at how much further some of our other programs have advanced in NCAA play vs UK...ever. 2 times the Women's basketball has played for the National Championship; I've lost count of the number of times men's baseball has made the College World Series; our soccer team has been in the National Title game. Again, to be clear, that doesn't mean those programs are "powerhouses", although I'm sure others would say so in baseball. Just sayin'...they are currently far ahead of the same UK programs.

I respectfully disagree. Take a look at how much further some of our other programs have advanced in NCAA play vs UK. 2 times the Women's basketball has played for the National Championship; I've lost count of the number of times men's baseball has made the College World Series; our soccer team has been in the National Title game. Again, to be clear, that doesn't mean those programs are "powerhouses", although I'm sure others would say so in baseball. Just sayin'...they are far ahead of the same UK programs.
I have no problems admitting, other than basketball, U of L has been better for the most part in sports people watch/follow. UK has had a fantastic women's bball program recently as well as women's volleyball and I'm sure some other sports I'm missing. Has U of L been better in football/baseball recently? Yes. I can admit that. Being miles ahead is not true, though.

I have no problems admitting, other than basketball, U of L has been better for the most part in sports people watch/follow. UK has had a fantastic women's bball program recently as well as women's volleyball and I'm sure some other sports I'm missing. Has U of L been better in football/baseball recently? Yes. I can admit that. Being miles ahead is not true, though.
Fair enough. And I have no problem admitting we haven't even been competitive in basketball. :(

Fair enough. And I have no problem admitting we haven't even been competitive in basketball. :(
To be fair the games are usually close and you guys won last year. But back to our point, I wouldn't say UK is miles ahead of Louisville in basketball, either. The sport that's seen the biggest disparity between the two, if you ask me, is baseball.

I respectfully disagree. Take a look at how much further some of our other programs have advanced in NCAA play vs UK...ever. 2 times the Women's basketball has played for the National Championship; I've lost count of the number of times men's baseball has made the College World Series; our soccer team has been in the National Title game. Again, to be clear, that doesn't mean those programs are "powerhouses", although I'm sure others would say so in baseball. Just sayin'...they are currently far ahead of the same UK programs.
If only there were a measurement to rank athletic programs.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...to_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/D1final2017.pdf (directors cup)

I don't know if UK being 10th and UL 26th would put UK miles head..or even far ahead?

If only there were a measurement to rank athletic programs.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...to_pdf/2016-17/misc_non_event/D1final2017.pdf (directors cup)

I don't know if UK being 10th and UL 26th would put UK miles head..or even far ahead?
That's why I clarified my remarks with "some of our programs" (and named those particular programs) and not ALL or MOST of our programs. Reading is fundamental. I have no problem admitting your rifle program is miles head of the one we don't have. Winking

Hmmm...you include home losses to ranked teams, but not home or neutral site wins vs ranked teams (like the curb stomping of Florida and Florida State). It would be nice if you guys were ever ranked so we could bump up that win number vs ranked teams. :cool:
You have paid the price for mediocrity by selling your soul to Bobby Petrino, Tom Jurich and Rick Pitino. You mist be proud of that immoral trio. No matter how many wins you get UofL will always be know as the most corrupt school in the history of college sports.

The only thing that's "overblown" is UK fans claiming UofL think it's a powerhouse. What we are is...a widely respected football program, who is usually ranked, who has been to a bowl in 17 of the last 20 years (thanks for those 3 misses, Steve Kragthorpe Eyeroll), who has beaten it's state rival 6 of the last 7 times, and whose current coach has beaten that same rival 7 of the last 8 times as Louisville's coach. What we claim is that we are MILES AHEAD of UK football, and being THAT alone doesn't make anyone a powerhouse, or even that good.

Once you have to cherry pick timeframes, your argument is lost.

The UK/uofl football series is locked at 15-15.

ADVERTISEMENT