ADVERTISEMENT

Great players who shat the bed in this tournament

WeAreDePaul

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
Let's list these choking bracket busting overrated POS's.

Tyler Kolek
Tucker Devries
Keyonte George
Purdue all freshman guards
Kihei Clark
Kerr Krisa
Courtney Ramey

Yeah these are just decent players. What might be more interesting is if you started a thread about some coaches.

Obviously not from this tournament, but I still can't believe how poorly JJ Redick did in the 4 NCAA Tournament where we lost. A combined 13 for 60 from the floor (21.7%). Brutal.

Reactions: tw3301
Part randomness but a lot of matchup based results. The Duke team that lost to TN might have advanced in other pods, maybe even the majority of 'em. But a physical defense and frontline showed out.

Should've added Aiden Mahaney to my original post, but I was still in denial.

I would never call Kerr Kriisa and Courtney Ramey great. Kerr should be a 6th man not running point on a top 10 team. Ramey is a solid combo guard who should be the 4th scoring option. When he had to be the #2, his defense suffered and his offensive bag isn’t strong enough to overcome more defensive attention

Jabari smith legit had his worse game of the season last year at auburn in our tourney loss to Miami

Obviously not a great player---or really even good, but it needs to be noted that Tamar Bates went 0-13 in the NCAAT...

Portal that way>>>>>>>>>>>

Jabari smith legit had his worse game of the season last year at auburn in our tourney loss to Miami

Since I saw someone else mention a player from previous years not showing up in the tournament, I was about to post about this game.

Miami played well. I felt like Charlie Moore, Wong, and Kam McGusty controlled the game much better than Auburn's guards did but man, I still can't believe how poorly Jabari and Walker Kessler played. It was the absolute worst performance by a starting frontcourt I can remember.

You mentioned Jabari specifically but I thought Kessler was even worse than him. I thought Jabari just wasn't aggressive enough and settled for too many jumpshots. Kessler missed so many point blank layups, it was crazy. He just rushed everything on offense and kept getting matched up on Jordan Miller on defense and that didn't go well for him. I felt like his frustration on defense affected how he played on offense.

Would never think those two were first round picks and playing well as rookies against the best basketball players in the world if you just watched that game a year ago.

Last edited:
Obviously not a great player---or really even good, but it needs to be noted that Tamar Bates went 0-13 in the NCAAT...

Portal that way>>>>>>>>>>>

You were pretty excited about him before he ever logged a minute on the collegiate level, though.

Tamar Bates is a kid being seriously overlooked....

Overlooked? Perhaps. But, "seriously overlooked" is flirting with hyperbole.

I only have 17 freshmen in my top 150. I generally don't value them as much as the upperclassmen. I have roughly 20 players from each of the power 6 conferences. If someone makes my top 150 list, they're essentially a preseason all-conference player in my view.

You were pretty excited about him before he ever logged a minute on the collegiate level, though.
Absolutely I was.....And for some reason the light never came on....I mean it would here and there....but never consistent. Wonder how much of him being a father has effected his game? He was solid with 14 in the BTT semi's vs PSU. Decent vs MD in first Rd of BTT(6 points/2-3 from three).

Then POOF!!.....0-6 vs Kent State.....0-7 vs Miami.

Dunno what happened. Just up and down, before falling off the cliff after MSU game.

Had 19 vs Nebraska, followed by 13 vs Arizona.. Lit MSU up for 17 on 5/8 shooting from three on Jan 22, and that was the last game he had in double figures until the BTT vs PSU.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Absolutely I was.....And for some reason the light never came on....I mean it would here and there....but never consistent. Wonder how much of him being a father has effected his game? He was solid with 14 in the BTT semi's vs PSU. Decent vs MD in first Rd of BTT(6 points/2-3 from three).

Then POOF!!.....0-6 vs Kent State.....0-7 vs Miami.

Dunno what happened. Just up and down, before falling off the cliff after MSU game.

Had 19 vs Nebraska, followed by 13 vs Arizona.. Lit MSU up for 17 on 5/8 shooting from three on Jan 22, and that was the last game he had in double figures until the BTT vs PSU.

Sometimes changing your environment can do wonders for young players. Different coach, different role on the team, different attitude. You see it every year where these single-digit scorers completely break out and make 1st Team All-Conference the next season. Tari Eason, Alondes Williams, and Bryce Hopkins are a few names that come to mind from just the past two seasons.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Sometimes changing your environment can do wonders for young players. Different coach, different role on the team, different attitude. You see it every year where these single-digit scorers completely break out and make 1st Team All-Conference the next season. Tari Eason, Alondes Williams, and Bryce Hopkins are a few names that come to mind from just the past two seasons.
Tell ya a kid I am happy for----Jerome Hunter. Playing well right now for Xavier. Here's a kid who I feel had he not had health issues, is possibly in the NBA right now.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT